• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

About Bushes

XenoVII

Bells
User Title Color Change
Do bushes grow on their own? And can you buy bushes at the Garden Shop? (Sorry for making a thread out if this, not I needed to know).

Do bushes grow on their own? And can you buy bushes at the Garden Shop? (Sorry for making a thread out if this, not I needed to know).

Yes, they grow on their own. You can buy them at the Garden Shop once it has combined with Nooklings. Two shrubs can be bought from the island - red and yellow hibiscus.

Thank you. Now can I dig them up and replant them if do they just die. Also when they combined into the convenient store or the department store?

Thank you. Now can I dig them up and replant them if do they just die. Also when they combined into the convenient store or the department store?
If you dig them up, they're gone and you'll have to buy new shrubs. They can't be replanted.
The Home Improvement Center expansion is when you can buy shrubs in town. It's the third expansion.

Did you mean grow on their own, like appear one day like flowers do?
Oh, I didn't think of it that way. :eek:

I'll clarify: It takes a couple of days for the shrubs to finish growing. They act like trees in that regard.
That's how I interpreted "grow on their own". ^^;;

And dont worry the Bushes dont die. just like a tree when you plant it its there for good. (to the exception of having too many perfect fruit trees which causes dead trees)

I thought perfect trees dying have nothing to do the number of perfect trees you have - they all die eventually?

I thought perfect trees dying have nothing to do the number of perfect trees you have - they all die eventually?

Yes, they all die eventually. They can last from 4-8 shakes.
Even if you only have one delicious fruit tree, it can still die. Happened to a friend of mine. It's a good thing we have the same native fruit, I gave him some more to plant. :p

Yes, they all die eventually. They can last from 4-8 shakes.
Even if you only have one delicious fruit tree, it can still die. Happened to a friend of mine. It's a good thing we have the same native fruit, I gave him some more to plant. :p

whoops! my mistake! That is how they explained it on Lin and Kos videos. I thought i could trust them! *cries*

Is there any limit on where you can plant bushes, besides obvious places like on the side of a building? Will they ever not grow in certain random spots?

Is there any limit on where you can plant bushes, besides obvious places like on the side of a building? Will they ever not grow in certain random spots?

Other than the usual no buildings, rocks, houses, etc. there is the square dilemma. I've tried it, Pelshko tried it, but we can't seem to make a complete square with them. I'm not sure if it's because there's a limit to how many can be in one area, or if it's to ensure that the middle of the square can be accessed.

whoops! my mistake! That is how they explained it on Lin and Kos videos. I thought i could trust them! *cries*

Yeah, all of them die eventually but if you over grow them more of them will likely die quicker...is probably what we said :) It depends on a lot of things, like where they were planted, how many, luck, etc.

If you just have a few, I've found they will usually last a few more shakes. I made that video way back before any guide book so it was all my findings from playing the game myself.

I think they put in this mechanism so people will not exploit delicious/perfect fruit, because if your entire town was covered the likelihood of them being naked/dying will go up quite a bit. That is how I've been experiencing it anyway.

^ Great info on delicious trees, seems I've been misinformed elsewhere. Will make notes of this for release!

Other than the usual no buildings, rocks, houses, etc. there is the square dilemma. I've tried it, Pelshko tried it, but we can't seem to make a complete square with them. I'm not sure if it's because there's a limit to how many can be in one area, or if it's to ensure that the middle of the square can be accessed.

Possibly limiting the area amount. I have a square with the 4 cardinal directions open in my town made of 20 bushes.

Back