• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am against it, I do not like the idea of killing a 'living' thing, even if it doesn't have emotions, it's not right in my opinion.

"In England, Wales and Scotland abortion is legal up until 24 weeks of pregnancy, although most abortions are carried out much earlier than this."

"According to the American Pregnancy Association, late-term abortions are not legal in most states in the U.S.—except in cases in which the life of the mother is in danger." Also stated 24-averaging weeks in a basically same matter as above with changed lands, so I assume it's the same in most places - but don't quote me outside of the U.K and large portions of the U.S.

So... nobody really says that.

In reference to the person you're quoting, they probably meant a very underdeveloped, new fetus. Don't quote me, I don't know their thoughts, I'm just shooting out a guess.

And I don't think a baby will just pass through the womb and grow skin and all that funky stuff, it looks like an actual baby then rather than... a drugged-up tomato, and won't develop fully in that tiny time of passage.

(Forgot whether I ever posted about my opinions other than crackers, so I think abortion is a good thing, I think the mum and dad/sometimes even other family are more important than the fetus.)

That's an embryo, a fetus is used for 8 weeks old+. People keep misusing the work fetus.
Some babies are born premature at 20 weeks, its rare but it happens. Especially in twins+. Honestly people should know to use embryo not fetus because its making your argument invalid.

Personally I would never do it. I don't really like the idea of it at all. If someone is raped or the mother's life is endangered because of becoming pregnant, then I would say that they should do it. But if you purposely did do the do with someone, that's on you, and I don't think you should abort in a case where you purposely went and did. . . well, the do.

Last edited:
I believe that I do not have the right to tell other people what to do, but I am pro-life for myself... Does that make me pro-choice though? Lol.

Personally I would never do it. I don't really like the idea of it at all. If someone is raped or the mother's life is endangered because of becoming pregnant, then I would say that they should do it. But if you purposely did do the do with someone, that's on you, and I don't think you should abort in a case where you purposely went and did. . . well, the do.

What if they're young and they can't afford a child and don't know how to care for one, that's on them and they should have to go through with the pregnancy just because the chose to "do the do"? What if they're too poor to afford a baby or even homeless and they know they won't be able to provide for one, they should have to go through with it because it's on them since it was a choice they made? Just because you choose have sex does not mean you want or can provide for a child. There shouldn't be a "terms and conditions" for abortions imo, you should be able to get one regardless of your reasons

Last edited:
People saying that if you had sex and got pregnant it's "your fault" and should have to give birth make me very uncomfortable because it's basically portraying a baby/child as punishment for sex and I ain't for that.

Especially with how poor sexual education is in certain places.

im pro-choice.
its important for everyone that we have a choice.
even if it were illegal, some would still try to do it and harm or even kill themselfs.
so its important that we have a legal and rather safe way of doing it.
tbh i dont like the idea and i wouldnt do it myself (i never was in a situation like that though) but everyone should have the right to make this choice for themself.
AND its not like its super easy to do it. theres still danger of health issues after an abortion and i wont even start on the mental health stuff :/ i dont think any woman makes this choice easily

Pro-Choice? Let the baby live and make decisions for himself if he wants to live on, the only excuse from then would be that you not wanting to care for he/she. The mother has no right to make the choice for them or even make assumptions that they wouldn't want to live because of financial circumstances.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only circumstance you should even consider is if you were raped or your life is endangered. Those situations need more thought and it depends on the specifics to make a wise decision.

Pro-Choice? Let the baby live and make decisions for himself if he wants to live on, the only excuse from then would be that you not wanting to care for he/she. The mother has no right to make the choice for them or even make assumptions that they wouldn't want to live because of financial circumstances.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only circumstance you should even consider is if you were raped or your life is endangered. Those situations need more thought and it depends on the specifics to make a wise decision.
Oh yeah and let the mother suffer just so she can ask the baby at 10-18 years old ''do you want to live or die?''. I wonder what the kid would answer.

The mother isn't assuming that the baby doesn't want to live, the mother is assuming that having a baby would **** her life up and said mother loves herself enough not to do that just to pleasure someone else. It's not about the baby, it's about the mother. Being forced to take care of a child when you really can't or don't want to can and will drive someone insane.

You may believe in your opinion all you want but if that was the norm there'd be quite a big issue for equality of women, since then women's lives would be so worthless that they'd have to give up everything to poop out a baby. (although it kind of already is)

Oh yeah and let the mother suffer just so she can ask the baby at 10-18 years old ''do you want to live or die?''. I wonder what the kid would answer.

The mother isn't assuming that the baby doesn't want to live, the mother is assuming that having a baby would **** her life up and said mother loves herself enough not to do that just to pleasure someone else. It's not about the baby, it's about the mother. Being forced to take care of a child when you really can't or don't want to can and will drive someone insane.

You may believe in your opinion all you want but if that was the norm there'd be quite a big issue for equality of women, since then women's lives would be so worthless that they'd have to give up everything to poop out a baby. (although it kind of already is)

Not to mention if she has the baby when she didn't want to and it messes her life up, it's only gonna end up messing the kid up too. And that kid's probably gonna feel guilty for their lives being broken and then they probably will want to die so like... do you guys really care about this "precious life" you're saving?

Then what about disabled children and children with defects can they be aborted since they are a "liability" to the mother and would make the mom's life according to what you said miserable? "Being forced to take care of a child when you really can't or don't want to can and will drive someone insane." What you said falls under the same concept, if the child is not as you wanted or can't take care of to the fullest they should be aborted? No, the choice has to be given to the child if they will make life good even with their circumstances. The mom doesn't even have to ask that's ridiculous. They can surely make the decision for themselves and if they don't want to continue living and thinks the circumstances are too difficult for them it's not the mother's fault but a lack of understanding on the child.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention if she has the baby when she didn't want to and it messes her life up, it's only gonna end up messing the kid up too. And that kid's probably gonna feel guilty for their lives being broken and then they probably will want to die so like... do you guys really care about this "precious life" you're saving?
All that you said is an assumption. Thinking that a parent will believe the hardship screwed her life and the child contemplating suicide is twisted thinking. Everyone faces hardship in life and the mistake of having a baby should stay as a hardship that is overcomed not through a horrible practice like abortion.

Then what about disabled children and children with defects can they be aborted since they are a "liability" to the mother and would make the mom's life according to what you said miserable? "Being forced to take care of a child when you really can't or don't want to can and will drive someone insane." What you said falls under the same concept, if the child is not as you wanted or can't take care of to the fullest they should be aborted? No, the choice has to be given to the child if they will make life good even with their circumstances. The mom doesn't even have to ask that's ridiculous. They can surely make the decision for themselves and if they don't want to continue living and thinks the circumstances are too difficult for them it's not the mother's fault but a lack of understanding on the child.

- - - Post Merge - - -

All that you said is an assumption. Thinking that a parent will believe the hardship screwed her life and the child contemplating suicide is twisted thinking. Everyone faces hardship in life and the mistake of having a baby should stay as a hardship that is overcomed not through a horrible practice like abortion.
Actually yes, I do believe that the mother may abort their baby if said baby is found to have a lot of huge defects that would limit the childs life and the mothers life. Dealing with a child full of defects is straining for both the mother and the kid and costs a ****ton of money. Don't you pity those who put thousands of dollars into their child every month just so the child can barely live? Because I do.

However it's the mothers choice and it's up to her what she considers a huge defect. While a rather ****ed up kind of thing to do, I do believe that a woman can abort a baby just for being a female if they so desire. In the end what they're aborting is barely alive and barely a human being and cutting their life off isn't a big deal, since it hasn't even fully started yet.

I actually personally assumed that the child would say ''I want to stay alive'', because most do. Of course it's possible that the kid would be suicidal, especially living in bad circumstances, but most people really do want to stay alive.
Also you make having children sound like a small hardship, but it's a huge responsibility for many years and takes a lot of energy. It can ruin lives especially if the person wasn't planning on taking the responsibility and instead wanted to do something else with their life.

Last edited:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm guessing by your username that you're a male? (Apologies if I am wrong)

So what you're saying is that a woman shouldn't have ANY RIGHT to her own body? Why are you trying to oppress women? Why make having a kid seem like a punishment? There are so many places that have poor sex education, so the person should be punished for doing something natural? (And by natural I mean.... The way you make a baby) Some people (myself included) see themselves in a future with no kids.

And if you are a male. You can't give birth. So why try to make women do it with no choice to opt out? Child birth is one of the most painful things ever. And it takes a huge toll on your body YEARS after you have kids. The way my mom explained to me when I was a little bit younger made me not want to have kids.

Last edited:
Actually yes, I do believe that the mother may abort their baby if said baby is found to have a lot of huge defects that would limit the childs life and the mothers life. Dealing with a child full of defects is straining for both the mother and the kid and costs a ****ton of money. Don't you pity those who put thousands of dollars into their child every month just so the child can barely live? Because I do.

However it's the mothers choice and it's up to her what she considers a huge defect. While a rather ****ed up kind of thing to do, I do believe that a woman can abort a baby just for being a female if they so desire. In the end what they're aborting is barely alive and barely a human being and cutting their life off isn't a big deal, since it hasn't even fully started yet.

I actually personally assumed that the child would say ''I want to stay alive'', because most do. Of course it's possible that the kid would be suicidal, especially living in bad circumstances, but most people really do want to stay alive.
Also you make having children sound like a small hardship, but it's a huge responsibility for many years and takes a lot of energy. It can ruin lives especially if the person wasn't planning on taking the responsibility and instead wanted to do something else with their life.
Modern Doctors cannot even tell when the baby actually starts to feel pain or is living by medical standards. Its like you are dancing around a fine line of murder for your "freedom." Do you know how many undisputable botched operations had been done where the baby was born inarguably alive? Then you have a real case of murder or as you say "hardship and unentitled responsibility."

Last edited:
Modern Doctors cannot even tell when the baby actually starts to feel pain or is living by medical standards. Its like you are dancing around a fine line of murder for your "freedom." Do you know how many undisputable botched operations had been done where the baby was born inarguably alive? Then you have a real case of murder or as you say "hardship and unentitled responsibility."

You need some sources for that.

lol what do you mean alive? clumps of human cells that haven't developed into anything yet isn't alive really and it's not murder to get it out. if you mean that people have aborted fetuses who are developed beyond the point where they're considered not abortable (lmao if that's a word) i don't really ...? ?? get why that means abortions are bad?? obviously it's not ok to abort a fetus that's due to be born in like two weeks or something lmao, i don't think people here are saying that that's ok....

like, countries have laws that don't let ppl have an abortion after a certain number of weeks. in my country that's 22 weeks (ye i used google), so after 22 weeks you can't have an abortion. after week 18 you have to gget permission from a certain place to get an abortion. and after week 12 you have to see a doctor to get one. that is because fetuses that are 22+ weeks old might be able to live outside the uterus..,..

so like idk but if you think the doctors or whoever decided that that's the case are wrong or w/e but like.....,.. yeah... if it can live outside the parent's body then it's not ok to hhave an abortion but if it can't then it's up to the parent because it's their body.

eh whatever let's just murder the fukcing babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back