• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 100% up to the pregnant woman. For me personally, I would only get an abortion if there were a serious medical issue that would endanger my life or the baby's chance for survival. But that's me, and I don't speak for all women in all situations. Everyone is different, everyone experiences different things. And this is why it should be left up to the individual, and not governed by the religious right and/or the opinions of the people who are not the person going through the experience.

I've just read several posts from the first and second pages and I find it interesting that people think giving birth to a baby and surrendering him or her after is easier than abortion?

Let's not talk about the pain and the stress and the potential of losing your job, why should a woman go though all this for a baby she is well aware that she won't be able to care for? And who can guarantee that the baby will be adopted into a good home? Or even actually get adopted??

I think this abortion topic is way more than just the "baby" but more to being responsible. People argue that being responsible is using a protection, but I also believe, getting an abortion is your last resort to be responsible to yourself and the "baby".
Lastly, I think MAN is also equally responsible for this matter.

You don't get pragnant with "yourself".

Last edited:
I am all up for abortion. Yeah, it's not a pretty action to take on, but it's like many people have said before- It's the woman's body and decision. I don't think it's "murder," especially since this is an idiotic way to think about abortion. It sounds more like a pro-life's lullaby to make someone feel bad rather than an actual good point. Being pregnant is not some easy ol' 9 month trip. A LOT of health risks are involved, like anemia, Preeclampsia, and even death. There are also long term to permanent body dysfunctions to consider. Another stupid point I see from pro-life is the whole "ya should've used protection" like?????? Protection has no 100% guarantee of preventing pregnancy and neither does the morning after pill. (i.e. Plan-B). I'm pretty sure no woman goes and has sex with the intention of getting pregnant and then aborting. So many people say "adoption" but that's not gonna stop someone from getting hurt regardless. Kids go up to YEARS in adoption and foster homes that some end up damaged mentally. Pro-lifers are also not gonna pay the woman's hospital bills and are not gonna do anything to help raise the babies they preach about protecting so much. They don't seem to give much thought to post-pregnancy situations as much as they do pre-pregnancy. Overall, I think abortion helps women (*gasp* shocker, I know). It's a sucky way to go about a pregnancy but in the end it does its job and protects the woman, whose life should be put before an embryo or fetus. It helps to have this option available, because even if it became illegal to abort, women are just going to turn to self-induced abortions and that's just more damage to add to the body.

A quick question for people who oppose abortion: There are over 93,000 people currently on the national waiting list for a kidney transplant. At least 80% of these people are on dialysis, and some will undoubtedly die before a deceased donor match pops up. The longer someone's on that waiting list, the worse their outcomes get when/if they do receive that transplant, statistically.

So what do we do? Do we put everyone on a living organ donation list, then require them to give a kidney if there's a match awaiting one, going through a physically painful and taxing process that will affect them for life? If a life could be saved, is the consent of the person undergoing the physically taxing and possibly deadly process relevant?

(My answer to this one should be obvious!)

All that you said is an assumption. Thinking that a parent will believe the hardship screwed her life and the child contemplating suicide is twisted thinking. Everyone faces hardship in life and the mistake of having a baby should stay as a hardship that is overcomed not through a horrible practice like abortion.

It's not twisted thinking it's pretty realistic in this day and age where the cost of living is high and as are the amount of people with mental issues!
Also how could you say "the mistake of a baby" while claiming to be pro-life oml. Having a kid isn't a "hardship that you can overcome" like a breakup, it's a lifelong commitment and responsibility that not everyone can handle.

i read a few posts from the first few pages and some made me want to question their opinions..

anyways, I feel like those who have an opinion opposing abortion are somewhat males; males who don't really have that much to say in regards of pregnancy because it doesn't even happen to them lol. I'm pro-choice and I feel that it is the mother's choice because she's the one who has to carry around another HUMAN being inside her womb, and that it has got nothing to do with me or the opinions of others.

However if you want to get rid of the baby give it up for adoption is it really that hard? At least the baby gets a home instead of dying
Not every baby gets a home doe...

Not everyone can handle a kid. That;s 18 years (more if they go to college and stay home while they do) and some people can't handle that.

I have trouble taking care of my dogs sometimes, i doubt I'd ever be able to hand a tiny human

Not everyone can handle a kid. That;s 18 years (more if they go to college and stay home while they do) and some people can't handle that.

I have trouble taking care of my dogs sometimes, i doubt I'd ever be able to hand a tiny human

Yeah, I think it's better to have an abortion if you can't take care of the child

"put it up for adoption!!" Why would someone spend 9 months carrying the baby around, dealing with all the **** like morning sickness, and eventually birth....just to shove it in a children's home....liek

Yeah, I think it's better to have an abortion if you can't take care of the child

"put it up for adoption!!" Why would someone spend 9 months carrying the baby around, dealing with all the **** like morning sickness, and eventually birth....just to shove it in a children's home....liek

And what if they spend their life in mulitple foster families, being shifted around until they turn 18 and the government says "f*** you" and shoves you out into the world.

Last edited:
And what if they spend their life in mulitple foster families, being shifted around until they turn 18 and the government says "f*** you" and shoves you out into the world.

This is the big reason why I say pro-lifers aren't pro-life, they're pro-baby

i read a few posts from the first few pages and some made me want to question their opinions..

anyways, I feel like those who have an opinion opposing abortion are somewhat males; males who don't really have that much to say in regards of pregnancy because it doesn't even happen to them lol. I'm pro-choice and I feel that it is the mother's choice because she's the one who has to carry around another HUMAN being inside her womb, and that it has got nothing to do with me or the opinions of others.

Not every baby gets a home doe...
Even if most of the pro-life people have the reason of being male and not ever getting to experience pregnancy it's still inexcusable. Just because you can't experience something doesn't mean that you can't put yourself in someones shoes to at least get a general feel for it. Everyone should be capable of such empathy.

Even if most of the pro-life people have the reason of being male and not ever getting to experience pregnancy it's still inexcusable. Just because you can't experience something doesn't mean that you can't put yourself in someones shoes to at least get a general feel for it. Everyone should be capable of such empathy.

Putting yourself is not the same as actually giving childbirth

anyways, I feel like those who have an opinion opposing abortion are somewhat males; males who don't really have that much to say in regards of pregnancy because it doesn't even happen to them lol.

Does it really matter if it "doesn't even happen to them"?

The two biggest reasons for people wanting/getting an abortion are "I'm just not ready" and "I financially can't do it". The man sure as hell has to live with both of those things, even if he doesn't have to carry it around for 9 months.

Even in the case of 'give it up for adoption', that's also ignoring that men are surprisingly also capable of empathy. I'm guessing that a lot of people here, male or female, aren't even close to an age where getting pregnant is a concern, so empathy is all over this thread.

Last edited:

The two biggest reasons for people wanting/getting an abortion are "I'm just not ready" and "I financially can't do it". The man sure as hell has to live with both of those things, even if he doesn't have to carry it around for 9 months.

Even in the case of 'give it up for adoption', that's also ignoring that men are surprisingly also capable of empathy. I'm guessing that a lot of people here, male or female, aren't even close to an age where getting pregnant is a concern, so empathy is all over this thread.

Not that I disagree with you but in a lot of cases, the man isn't there which is also a big reason for getting an abortion: that the mother doesn't have any support while pregnant nor help to help take care of the child

Pro-choice. If the baby itself is not in your own body, it doesn't really effect you one way or another, unless of course you're the father / family / close friend, but even then. If someone gets pregnant, under whatever circumstance, should at least have the choice whether or not to keep it. If a woman is not ready, either physically or emotionally, then she must do whatever benefits her well-being. As long as a baby isn't like over half term, you can't really call it "murder."

mur?der
ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

hu?man be?ing
noun
a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.

A fetus is not a "human" quite yet, not quite developed enough to have feelings, so it can't really be hurting it. So by technical terms it is not murder, especially since the mother is not even doing it to purposefully harm the fetus.

Everyone can be capable to feel such empathy, I didn't say males can't; but it is different from experiencing it rather than feeling what it is like. Inexcusable? To abort?

It does matter. Of course men are able to feel empathy towards the life of a baby, I didn't say every man cannot. The man "sure as hell" having to live with those things doesn't always count because there are many cases where the man is not even around and is unable to give a substantial amount of support for the female who is pregnant and therefore the female has the choice to abort regardless of the man.

There are numerous cases where the woman already has a child and is a single parent and cannot afford another child or the one that is deciding to get an abortion would end up as a single parent if they decide to keep the fetus.

totally for it; we need to decrease the surplus population <3
that isn't the actual reason why but ye

I'm on the fence on this one.
I'm pro-life, but the thing that makes me waver is that couples/women will to anything to get rid of the kid. If abortion is illegal, they may begin to do it theirselves and use hangers in order to get rid of the child. I've also heard of a couple who had the woman lay on the ground while the man ran over her with a car. It worked - the woman was fine, and the child died.

Edit: It shouldn't have worked and the doctor was shocked to see the woman still alive. I have no idea how she lived.

Last edited:
I've also heard of a couple who had the woman lay on the ground while the man ran over her with a car. It worked - the woman was fine, and the child died.

What?! That's a thing? That sounds terribly painful and how in the world does it work with the woman surviving?

Pro-choice. If the baby itself is not in your own body, it doesn't really effect you one way or another, unless of course you're the father / family / close friend, but even then. If someone gets pregnant, under whatever circumstance, should at least have the choice whether or not to keep it. If a woman is not ready, either physically or emotionally, then she must do whatever benefits her well-being. As long as a baby isn't like over half term, you can't really call it "murder."

mur?der
ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

hu?man be?ing
noun
a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.

A fetus is not a "human" quite yet, not quite developed enough to have feelings, so it can't really be hurting it. So by technical terms it is not murder, especially since the mother is not even doing it to purposefully harm the fetus.

yeah... people shouldn't be calling abortions "murder" or "killing"
its an attempt to demonize abortions with manipulative words like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back