• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

A niche question about "unlocks" in ACNH.

Khaelis

Bell Tree Forum's Resident Hybrid Addict
Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Toy Hammer
Okay, so... pretty niche question, but does anyone know how many 'days' it takes to fully unlock all content accessible in the current patch? As in, if I were to play enough hours per day, how long would it take to unlock Island Designer, Upgrade Nook's Cranny, fully upgrade the Museum, etc.

Google is being a bit unhelpful, so I figured the next best thing was to ask on an Animal Crossing forums board where people probably know really niche information, lol.

If anyone is curious as to why I want to know this random niche stuff, I'm thinking on resetting my island and hunting for that 'perfect' island and time traveling a day at a time to fully unlock currently existing content in preparation for the November 5th Version 2.0 update.

I´d say a little bit over 30. It is the nooks-upgrade that takes the most time

Nook:
Buildable on 2. day (not so sure... or can you do it on the first?)
One day time to build
30 days until next upgrade possible
One day time to build

All the other updates and features can be obtained earlier because they don´t have any specific number of days. For example the museum:
Buildable on 1. day
One day time to build
Upgradable on 3. day
One day time to build
Technically upgradable on 5. day - but you need to donate 60 things...

If I'm not mistaken(and I may be), I think it takes a minimum of about a month to unlock everything.

It takes a while to get terraforming too. You have to have at least 9 villagers and for your island to be rated at least 3 stars so KK Slider will do his first concert. After his first concert is when terraforming unlocks. I figure you'd probably want to get that unlocked by the time the update comes out too.

It takes a while to get terraforming too. You have to have at least 9 villagers and for your island to be rated at least 3 stars so KK Slider will do his first concert. After his first concert is when terraforming unlocks. I figure you'd probably want to get that unlocked by the time the update comes out too.

I'm *pretty* sure the minimum is 8 villagers, but its noticeably much harder to pull off.

Judging from all the comments here, seems like it takes about a month and a half to two months at most to unlock everything currently.

On one of my previous profiles that I had, I got terraforming unlocked on my 13th, 14th day. It’s fairly easy if you don’t mind who your starting ten villagers are and will move them out later. If I remember correctly, I just went on NMTs tours to gather flowers to plant back on my island and then I just crafted random furniture items to place around after that. Doing those things plus the ten villagers got me terraforming pretty easy.

I'm *pretty* sure the minimum is 8 villagers, but its noticeably much harder to pull off.

Judging from all the comments here, seems like it takes about a month and a half to two months at most to unlock everything currently.

I got it with 7 villagers on my first run. Not sure if they changed anything...

Anyway; 31-32 days is the minimum (technically) since placing 10 villager homes, unlock terraforming and upgrading the store within this time is possible. Hard maybe, but doable.

Btw. It is kinda easy to reach 3 stars. I had four after a week of playing because I had gotten to the tarantula island twice - and placed all those spiders outside waiting for Flick

Last edited:
I recently reset my island and got terraforming pretty quickly. I only have 8 villagers at that time with one additional bridge aside from the one Nook had me build. Ofc I already have Ables and Nooks by then too. But I think it’s because I planted lots of flowers already and displayed a lot of furniture outside so the moment my 8th villager moved in, I automatically got KK.

The people above were right tho, it’s the Nooks upgrade that took the longest because it won’t happen earlier than 30 in game days. But if you will TT, that will only take several days especially if you won’t do villager hunts etc. Thats what I did too.

I recently reset my island and got terraforming pretty quickly. I only have 8 villagers at that time with one additional bridge aside from the one Nook had me build. Ofc I already have Ables and Nooks by then too. But I think it’s because I planted lots of flowers already and displayed a lot of furniture outside so the moment my 8th villager moved in, I automatically got KK.

The people above were right tho, it’s the Nooks upgrade that took the longest because it won’t happen earlier than 30 in game days. But if you will TT, that will only take several days especially if you won’t do villager hunts etc. Thats what I did too.

Yeah, I'm planning on TTing up to current date day by day, to unlock everything in preparation for the Version 2.0 update. I plan on unlocking 40 inventory slots ASAP to buy a bunch of Bells and NMT to buy the stuff I need and to get a couple villagers I'm happy with before I reach the current date at the time.

Majority of this is probably gonna be getting the island layout I want, lol.

Yeah, I'm planning on TTing up to current date day by day, to unlock everything in preparation for the Version 2.0 update. I plan on unlocking 40 inventory slots ASAP to buy a bunch of Bells and NMT to buy the stuff I need and to get a couple villagers I'm happy with before I reach the current date at the time.

Majority of this is probably gonna be getting the island layout I want, lol.
Finding a map is a pain. That’s what took me the longest honestly, when I reset last week, because this time I went for a map with a centered RS with the airport AND I wanted peaches and green airport bec of the nook miles items only to find out a week later that the update will allow us to customize everything lolllll anyway, it’s certainly very doable to reach that point in time for the update! I wish you luck in finding that perfect map! 😊

Finding a map is a pain. That’s what took me the longest honestly, when I reset last week, because this time I went for a map with a centered RS with the airport AND I wanted peaches and green airport bec of the nook miles items only to find out a week later that the update will allow us to customize everything lolllll anyway, it’s certainly very doable to reach that point in time for the update! I wish you luck in finding that perfect map! 😊

Yeah.. there's one specific layout I want and when I get it, I need it to have:

1. Blue or Orange Airport (they look the nicest)
2. Apples or Cherries as native fruit
3. At least one villager I can tolerate (basically no certain species I've never been fond of)
4. Preferably a native flower I like but this one is easily ignored if the above are met

So.. yeah, resetting for an island sucks. e-e

Back