• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

"A lot of people are playing Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer"

aliendeallstar

Bells
2.02 million, in fact

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer has sold over two million copies since its release in Japan on July 30, 2015.

Yes, really. 2.02m, to be precise - even though North America and Europe didn't get the spin-off title until late last month.

In comparison, Splatoon has "only" sold 2.42m since May.

Ponder on that for a minute. Over 2 million people. That's the equivalent of the entire population of Bahrain buying Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer.

Twice.

In other Ninty-flavoured news, worldwide 3DS hardware sales now sit at 54.34 million, with 2.28m units sold in just the last six months. Wii U sales now stand at 10.73m.

In our review, we said we'd recommend Happy Home Designer "for anyone who really enjoys designing and decorating virtual spaces. If finding the perfect furniture for your house in Animal Crossing was your favorite part of the series, then you'll surely get some enjoyment out of this game."

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/a-lot-of-people-are-playing-animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-317874.phtml

Last edited:
You know the quote bbcode exists for a reason, right?

But still neat, though honestly rather unsurprising imo.

I'm not used to it, but thanks anyway. I've edited the post...

I'm really surprised about it too, but I think the biggest reason for this is the amiibo Cards, not the game itself.

To be fair it's less than 2.02m if you go on tumblr/youtube and see the people that brought like 3 copies of the game {some even more} just so they could unbox it.

But yeah, overall it's still a lot of people!

To be fair it's less than 2.02m if you go on tumblr/youtube and see the people that brought like 3 copies of the game {some even more} just so they could unbox it.

But yeah, overall it's still a lot of people!

they still bought them tho, so counts in the sales figures, which these are in the end ^^.. a bunch of people who imported the japanese game bought the english or so version when it came out as well. i'm sure some people did the same you mentioned with splatoon too or just to get amiibos from the packs.
anywayss its coold that it sold well, hope that means they'll make some more bonus conctent now besides the things that were planned from the start ^^one can hope

Last edited:
they still bought them tho, so counts in the sales figures, which these are in the end ^^.. a bunch of people who imported the japanese game bought the english or so version when it came out as well. i'm sure some people did the same you mentioned with splatoon too or just to get amiibos from the packs.
anywayss its coold that it sold well, hope that means they'll make some more bonus conctent now besides the things that were planned from the start ^^one can hope

And I bet the cards sold a lot as well based from what I've seen, with it doing so well and being able to use amiibos I'd hope that maybe the bring back even more old villagers !

Back