• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia A Game of Mafia - Endgame - Mafia wins!

I'm going to be writing up a summary of where things went wrong and how people could improve their playstyles a bit, so be on the lookout for that.

I'm going to be writing up a summary of where things went wrong and how people could improve their playstyles a bit, so be on the lookout for that.

thank you Ness, I would really appreciate that. I just can't live with the mistakes I made in this game. I would love to know how I can improve even more.

thank you Curry! I wish you weren't killed N1 but oh well. your reads helped me a lot in pinning my sus on hiyori <3

for the record, I didn't quit because "I hated my team." 1. I only had phone access and 2. I was having tbt accessibility issues. so don't assume **** like that. thx

for the record, I didn't quit because "I hated my team." 1. I only had phone access and 2. I was having tbt accessibility issues. so don't assume **** like that. thx

idk if you're referring to what i said but i only said it so they would think i'd look less scummy. i didn't mean to offend you.

it was just a thought I had Claire, sorry if that offended you </3

I got my inspection later in the day rip. That's why I backed off of Liam randomly in the middle of the day.

I took the time to write a summary of all the things that went wrong, starting at #1:

#1: Reason town lost and the biggest flaw: Town's biggest flaw was the fact that there was too little discussion on D1 and D2, and with Kirby's death it sort of threw town for a loop because of FleshyBro not unvoting Kirby. If there was more discussion, then the game could have taken out one of the scum earlier, since people were already suspicious of Discord AND Hiyori.

#2: How the game could have done better: Again, if there was more talk then the game would have gone much more smoothly.

#3: How town could have spotted the scum: Hiyori was being attacked by Curry very early on and the fact that he died on N1 should have been a discrepentcy that someone could have spotted fairly easily. Also, just because some says "Oh well i'm busy thats why i'm innactive" that shouldn't be a reason to excuse them. The fact that Discord was continuing to be inactive and in all of his posts he never actually contributed a thing.

#4: Don't be afraid to sacrifice your teammates to win: This is a big pet peeve of mine in mafia. DON'T NO LYNCH DAY 1. Look, I get it. The game is in an awkward phase where everything is weird because nobody has information to share. The point of the D1 lynch is to give town a leg on their table. If you No lynch day 1, the only information you get is from the Night kill, and even THEN you hardly get any information out of that. In short, the most commen excuse is "Oh theres no information so I don't want anyone to die" Don't make that excuse. If a team wins, town or mafia, then Everybody is. a. winner.

#5: Try not to replace out. You signed up, you need to play. Try to replace out of the game as minimally as possible.

My comments on some people's playstyles and how to improve them.

Jacob and Mogyay: You guys did great as a mafia pair! Good job on finding the cop as well. The only problem I have with you guys is that you guys were ganging up on Nightmares a bit, and it was slightly obvious you guys were mafia together when I thought about the possible outcomes.

Seroja: I have nothing wrong with your playstyle, but if you were more active and contributed more then you could have maybe spotted the mafia on D2. You played great, and if you had voted before Mogyay then town could have won. In the end though, no matter who wins its all a game. So feel proud of yourself considering your a new player! c:

Liamslash: You bickered about pointless things day 1 and with Mogyay, you didn't say anything on Day 2 besides "Just waiting for Fleshybro to be lynched" and you just aimlessly shot your gun for the majority of the game. Listen, my biggest flaw was also that you seem to only insist on 1 person being scum and not stopping for brain food to think of the other possibilities. I see some potential in you though, so i'd reccomend you read up on mafia tactics at the Mafia scum wiki. Overall, you're just a newbie starting out. Don't get discouraged c:

Kirbystarship: Nothing to say about you then besides try to make longer cases, read more into people's meta, and try to put more thought into your posts. Also, remember please not to no lynch on day one Kay? <3

Curry: Your an excellent player as well, keep doing what you're doing.

FleshyBro: You played really well on day 1, but it seemed you were more focused on defending yourself on D2 then finding scum. If you're under suspicion as the main lynch target, then you need to post all your opinions and suspicions as much as possible before you die. Don't be afraid to sacrifice yourself to help point your team in the right direction for the next lynch!

Nightmares: Look, i've saved your play until the end and I might come off as rude, just keep in mind that I have nothing against you as a person, but as a player you annoy me.

You had nearly as many posts as Seroja, yet on litterally nearly EVERY single one of your posts your like "HAHA, Lmao, Lol, memememememmemememmemes, -_______-" and by the likes of that you also write how stresed you are, when your going to sleep, yadayadayada NOBODY CARES! Mafia isn't god damn tumblr or Twitter, nobody cares how your day is going!

You also hardly used logic. You were suspicious of Seroja when both Jacob and Mogyay were teaming up on you whilst Liam and Seroja had their own motives. Wouldn't you find that a little suspicious? And its even more clear to me that you only glance over the thread and cases on you because you post things like "lol wtf kind of reasoning is that".

Please, for the love of god, look over your playstyle and stop posting like your texting your best friend. Read more into the mafia wiki, look at how to spot scum, and play better. You've left a negative impact on me and your playstyle, so i'd reccomend you don't join a main game until you play a Nub game and figure out how to play more efficiently.

Last edited:
Thank you for putting this together Ness. I do agree that I didn't post as much as I should, especially on D2 and at night. I have anxiety issues so I avoid going on the thread when I don't feel well or stressed about the game, so I usually got on the thread at the last few hours which was a bad thing to do because that gave me little time to think more carefully. I'm also still wishy washy with my sus reads and when I did tunnel someone, they turned out to be town (sorry again fleshy). My biggest mistakes were 1) not giving more effort into saving Tardis and 2) writing off Discord's final post as town. I learned a lot from this game too.

Thanks for the feedback ness! I was a little sus of the scum team day 2, but after my mistake d1 i was too scared to push for a lynch on anyone (plus I knew I was going to be lynched anyway). Anyway, thanks ness & dolby for hosting this game, I've also learned a lot from this game, being my first, and I'm looking forward to my next game!! (sorry again for my mess at the start!)

how the **** you guys lynch the DOCTOR DAY 1 HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because i suck lmao

nightmares doesn't actually care tho

Pretty sure I do

I'm very sorry about not being on to vote, I had to get to get up early this morning to get ready for my holiday and stuff ;___; sorry about that

Congrats Mog and Jacob though!

I called that so bad
Knew it was Jacob+Mog 100%
But yeah well done leftover town for not listening to me.
(I mean Nightmares because it's pretty much her fault for not voting Jacob)

Last edited:
Back