Mafia A Game of Mafia - Endgame - Mafia wins!

I will be expanding upon these reads now.

Jacob - That's me
Seroja - Seroja is a good player, probably the best player out of all of us. Reading back on the thread, she was probably one of the most helpful players thusfar. She posted a good amount and wrote all of her detailed thoughts (Which mafia generally tries to avoid). However, after reading her latest post(s) after getting 2 votes, I am not so sure.
The first scummy thought I had on her was based on alignment balance issues. Although I'd like to believe that Nightmares and Liam are both scum, the game would have been horribly balanced (IMO). Unless N e s s thought Nightmares was one of the more advanced players, the most probable scum team is Liamslash and Seroja.
(Now, I doubt N e s s even knew your playing level, he has been inactive for a long time. I am not sure he knew how good anyone playing this game was.)

After getting my first scummy feeling, I started to look into her last post more carefully.

• "Alright now I've seen the votes and I am honestly torn about who is mafia. "
    This may or may not have been how you meant it, but frankly anything you say can be used against you. At this point you are set for lynch (Which IDK how I feel about) and all you can say is how confused you are. Apparently no scum team makes clear sense to you. Maybe that's because you are part of the logical team.
  • "While away, I've been thinking that Liam and Nightmares are townies and Jacob and Mog are mafia."
    I can see where you were coming from, but I'm gonna have to respectfully say that you're dead wrong. Sounds to me like you're trying to pin out the threats to you :rolleyes:
    Not for nothing, I do not think Nightmares and Liam are the scum team though. It's just not balanced.

• "To be honest if they are really town, go ahead and lynch me I have no desire to fight alongside two towns who have been doing nothing but voting aimlessly the whole game."
    It just seems to me like you're giving up? But on the otherhand I do see where this is all coming from. I'm so torn about you in my honest opinion.
  • "I just realised something. Liam, may I know why you're voting for me?"
    I agree. Liam post your reasoning.

--

Seroja, even though I can 100% see the possibility of you being scum, you are still my least suspicious read. I have a certain amount of trust for some reason and I follow my gut when it comes to mafia.

Thank you Jacob, I am honestly torn because I've made a couple of wrong reads and I really feel like I've been running around in circles. Whenever I'm not on the thread my mind is always on mafia thinking about who posted what. So my thoughts jump back and forth a lot.

I have always been sus of hiyori because she seemed to have been holding back. And that could be because she is either a blue role, or mafia. After Crys died and flipped dt, that eliminated the second possibility. I've only played 2 games with her: SU mafia (3rd party, but I feel like she was more protown) and DC mafia (mafia) and I feel like her play style here is more like she's trying to distance herself from her DC mafia style. Also, in the two games that she have not role claimed, she's been mafia. Also her not being in favour of lynching is a bit odd considering she said "I think no lynch is a waste of a day so I hope I'm inspirational." in SU Mafia. Because she was scum in the last game and was very active in 'scum-hunting' I thought that if she is mafia in this game, she would want to avoid doing that. And seeing her being more in favour of no lynch, it didn't seem like she was being pro-town as well. Also she kept defending Nightmares this game by referencing what she did as mafia in DC. To me it sounded like a ploy to distance herself from her style in that game.

And Crys' death made me think that scum team sees her as the biggest threat and I deduced that it could mean someone on the scum team knows her play style well. And that means you.

I wasn't saying that both Nightmares and Liam are scum. I'm saying, there might be scum between them. And right now Liam is the most suspicious for voting without saying why first. And no I'm not giving up, I just feel upset that I'm in the same team with people who don't even try to think. It's very disheartening.

--

Nightmares, seriously, what other reasons do you think I'm worth voting for aside from me voting for Curry and Fleshybro? You've also helped lynched the Doctor and not voting Day 2. By this logic, you are scummy too. Think about it.

--

Also, there's something fishy about hiyori just dropping out of the game like that, I don't know her well, but I feel like it wasn't like her to drop out. If she was indeed mafia, it could probably be a) her teammate is inactive or b) she couldn't stand her team mate.

On why I sound like I'm giving up -

If both my voters are town, I will have to work 100x harder to convince them to change their votes to either Jacob or mog because I will be alone in this. No one will be here to back me up because obviously if Jacob&mog are a team, they'll try to make me seem even more suspicious AND vote for me. So that's literally 1 against 4.

There's a good 24 hours before day ends though, I'm not giving up just yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*that eliminated the first possibility.

Alright now I've seen the votes and I am honestly torn about who is mafia.

While away, I've been thinking that Liam and Nightmares are townies and Jacob and Mog are mafia. But looking at the votes and recent posts I really don't know.

To be honest if they are really town, go ahead and lynch me I have no desire to fight alongside two towns who have been doing nothing but voting aimlessly the whole game. But if they are mafia then bravo you've managed to fool me by acting clueless the whole game. However, I'm still going to make a guess at who mafia team is because I'm very curious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realised something. Liam, may I know why you're voting for me? At least Nightmares actually said she's sus of me no matter how stupid her reason is. You've said absolutely nothing at all. Are you actually scum?

Also Nightmares, is it a habit of yours to not read the thread properly? I asked you a question. Why didn't you vote D2?

I'm voting you because you've voted 2 townies now....is that stupid? //shrug

And oh...I just wasn't really sure, and the thread was quite inactive....yeah, I'm sorry Dx

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will be expanding upon these reads now.

Jacob - That's me
Seroja - Seroja is a good player, probably the best player out of all of us. Reading back on the thread, she was probably one of the most helpful players thusfar. She posted a good amount and wrote all of her detailed thoughts (Which mafia generally tries to avoid). However, after reading her latest post(s) after getting 2 votes, I am not so sure.
The first scummy thought I had on her was based on alignment balance issues. Although I'd like to believe that Nightmares and Liam are both scum, the game would have been horribly balanced (IMO). Unless N e s s thought Nightmares was one of the more advanced players, the most probable scum team is Liamslash and Seroja.
(Now, I doubt N e s s even knew your playing level, he has been inactive for a long time. I am not sure he knew how good anyone playing this game was.)

After getting my first scummy feeling, I started to look into her last post more carefully.

• "Alright now I've seen the votes and I am honestly torn about who is mafia. "
    This may or may not have been how you meant it, but frankly anything you say can be used against you. At this point you are set for lynch (Which IDK how I feel about) and all you can say is how confused you are. Apparently no scum team makes clear sense to you. Maybe that's because you are part of the logical team.
  • "While away, I've been thinking that Liam and Nightmares are townies and Jacob and Mog are mafia."
    I can see where you were coming from, but I'm gonna have to respectfully say that you're dead wrong. Sounds to me like you're trying to pin out the threats to you :rolleyes:
    Not for nothing, I do not think Nightmares and Liam are the scum team though. It's just not balanced.

• "To be honest if they are really town, go ahead and lynch me I have no desire to fight alongside two towns who have been doing nothing but voting aimlessly the whole game."
    It just seems to me like you're giving up? But on the otherhand I do see where this is all coming from. I'm so torn about you in my honest opinion.
  • "I just realised something. Liam, may I know why you're voting for me?"
    I agree. Liam post your reasoning.

--

Seroja, even though I can 100% see the possibility of you being scum, you are still my least suspicious read. I have a certain amount of trust for some reason and I follow my gut when it comes to mafia.

Mogyay- Nothing strikes me as "off" for Mog. The only posts that she has is basically "Reads coming," which sometimes is a legit excuse but also a way to buy time. She replaced Claire who did post a good amount of content to read, and from my experience, none of hers were scummy. Claire was playing lax and risky as she always does as town and the way she just dropped out gave me a feeling that she just doesn't care about this game much anymore nor does she have an important role.

@seroja I know you think she could be scum, do you any reasoning for it? I'd like to know what more I can look into to either back you up or reassure you.

Nightmares - Nightmares is always scummy. Usually though, I know when she's town. I am not sure if it's because she is getting the hang of mafia more or what, but she's playing way different this game. Ignoring questions and voting people for bad reasoning, it feels like someone is telling her how to play, almost like a coach. Nightmares usually doesn't make it this far too, either she is being spared or she is hiding behind lynches of people who put her under their radar.
I wish I had evidence to pull up for her but so far it's all been confusing or coasting from her. No offense Nightmares, but something is definitely off.

Liamslash - Liam is still my main scum point. I will be writing his own personalized read.

May I ask why my reasoning is bad? Not being rude, I'm just honestly curious

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gahh I'm gonna unvote for now, by I'm still to convinced your 100% town obviously

- - - Post Merge - - -

*not

Rip

Mogyay and Jacob, trying to get an easy lynch on me.
I feel like lynching someone at random because it's really one chance as getting scum. I'm past coming up with detailed reads as there is no point. Jacob and Mog have rung alarm bells now..

- - - Post Merge - - -

Turns out everyone is thinking I'm scum now, in before the mafia bandwagoning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I was out walking for the whole of yesterday, and as soon as I came back I fell asleep. I just woke up so the inactivity was because of that.

Looking at people's voting pattern is one way to look for scum, yes, but for it to be the sole reason to pin someone as scum is what makes it stupid. Especially if you did not at all consider or look at the reasons why said person even made that vote. Also, why did you zero in on me? Why didn't you look at Liam who voted for Hunter D1 (who turned out to be DT) and for Fleshybro on D2. Not to mention, his reasons for voting them wasn't even clear. And let me also remind you that you played a hand in lynching the doctor. Now tell me why your reasoning is NOT bad.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like lynching someone at random because it's really one chance as getting scum. I'm past coming up with detailed reads as there is no point. Jacob and Mog have rung alarm bells now..

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I was out walking for the whole of yesterday, and as soon as I came back I fell asleep. I just woke up so the inactivity was because of that.

Liam! Glad you're here. I want to know one thing, why did you think voting for random people is good when you're supposed to know that this one lynch is the most crucial if town wants to win? Didn't the last game teach you anything? Weren't you the one who kept reminding everyone about the last game? Why didn't you at least try to make some reads or analysis before placing your vote on me?

Looking at people's voting pattern is one way to look for scum, yes, but for it to be the sole reason to pin someone as scum is what makes it stupid. Especially if you did not at all consider or look at the reasons why said person even made that vote. Also, why did you zero in on me? Why didn't you look at Liam who voted for Hunter D1 (who turned out to be DT) and for Fleshybro on D2. Not to mention, his reasons for voting them wasn't even clear. And let me also remind you that you played a hand in lynching the doctor. Now tell me why your reasoning is NOT bad.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Liam! Glad you're here. I want to know one thing, why did you think voting for random people is good when you're supposed to know that this one lynch is the most crucial if town wants to win? Didn't the last game teach you anything? Weren't you the one who kept reminding everyone about the last game? Why didn't you at least try to make some reads or analysis before placing your vote on me?

I did look at Liam, I was just embarrassed to mention him because I didn't know what to say

And oh, I was also sus of you about that me "slipping" thing, and how defensive you were getting. But then again, I get defensive, so that isn't the best reasoning

It's not that, it's the fact that everyone I try and think about lynching turns out to be town.
Mog and Jacob are standing out as suspicious to me though, but I'm reluctant to vote as I don't want to cost town a win by lynching town again. I'll probably unvote now and vote Jacob soon. I really didn't know why I voted you. I am throwing my vote around too much.

I did look at Liam, I was just embarrassed to mention him because I didn't know what to say

And oh, I was also sus of you about that me "slipping" thing, and how defensive you were getting. But then again, I get defensive, so that isn't the best reasoning

I already explained that and you said it made sense. It was a logical question. Whatever it was I think you're town, that's why I feel frustrated that you're throwing your vote on me when we have this one last chance to win. Try to think a bit more when you wake up, please.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not that, it's the fact that everyone I try and think about lynching turns out to be town.
Mog and Jacob are standing out as suspicious to me though, but I'm reluctant to vote as I don't want to cost town a win by lynching town again. I'll probably unvote now and vote Jacob soon. I really didn't know why I voted you. I am throwing my vote around too much.

Why are you voting Jacob and not mog? What makes him more suspicious than mog?

- - - Post Merge - - -

*are you going to vote

I already explained that and you said it made sense. It was a logical question. Whatever it was I think you're town, that's why I feel frustrated that you're throwing your vote on me when we have this one last chance to win. Try to think a bit more when you wake up, please.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why are you voting Jacob and not mog? What makes him more suspicious than mog?

- - - Post Merge - - -

*are you going to vote

Nothing, why should I vote Mog over Jacob? Both the same to me.
.............Unless you want me to vote Mog?

Nothing, why should I vote Mog over Jacob? Both the same to me.
.............Unless you want me to vote Mog?

I just want to know why. It helps me think more clearly. I'm almost certain that you and Nightmares are town. But I did consider a scum team of you & hiyori. However, looking at mog's read on you made me think twice about that because it did seem like either Jacob& mog are trying to win my vote on you, or mog's bussing you to make me less sus of you. Because it's unlikely that both you and Nightmares are scum, and since I am town, Jacob's speculation that scum team is me & you is wrong too.

I'm back to my Jacob&mog scum team speculation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Liam the fact that you think people are scum just because they narrowed you down as scum is horrible reasoning. Infact some people would consider that OMGUS (OMG you suck) which is almost always a scum tactic. Then you go ahead and say "Now everyone thinks I'm mafia, in before the mafia bandwagoning." Usage of lines like this is called ATE (Appeal to Emotion), which is ALWAYS a scum tactic.
I also would like to know why I was voted instead of Mog? Honestly it's fine by me if you don't wanna back up your votes logically, but if you mislynch me we lose. Could you please bring up a quote by me or something that made me look scummy

You say like "Oh I am convinced Mog and Jacob are scum" but yet you also don't know who to vote for. You're still taking shots in the dark and I am not sure someone as town would be willing to take guesses at a mislynch lose situation.

I am convinced now more than ever that you are scum, and your parter is Seroja or Mogyay.

Liam the fact that you think people are scum just because they narrowed you down as scum is horrible reasoning. Infact some people would consider that OMGUS (OMG you suck) which is almost always a scum tactic. Then you go ahead and say "Now everyone thinks I'm mafia, in before the mafia bandwagoning." Usage of lines like this is called ATE (Appeal to Emotion), which is ALWAYS a scum tactic.
I also would like to know why I was voted instead of Mog? Honestly it's fine by me if you don't wanna back up your votes logically, but if you mislynch me we lose. Could you please bring up a quote by me or something that made me look scummy

You say like "Oh I am convinced Mog and Jacob are scum" but yet you also don't know who to vote for. You're still taking shots in the dark and I am not sure someone as town would be willing to take guesses at a mislynch lose situation.

I am convinced now more than ever that you are scum, and your parter is Seroja or Mogyay.

I feel like you and mog are equally (Autocorrect wanted me to say sexually?), scum. Why should I lynch one over the other? and It's just out of nowhere, you come out with mog and try and land a lynch on me.
Doesn't that feel vaguely suspicious to you?
Oh and " but if you mislynch me we lose." seems hypocritical much?
*Drops Mic*

Jacob's and mog's reads on me are too identical I can't let this pass. You both think I'm playing as strong town but pinned suspicions on me solely for my 'desperate' post. Seems very forced because that's the only way you can make me look scummy. Also iffy about Jacob not asking me first about whether or not I think both Lani and Liam could be scum team, but instead just assumed that I do and proceeded to push forward alignment imbalance issue. Sounds like a try hard attempt to make me look scummy.

What I'm trying to make sense of is if mog&Jacob is scum team, why didn't they just vote for me and be done for? Was it because that would definitely make them look scummy because unlike Liam and Lani, Jacob and mog are logical players. Doing so may give them away? But that would still be 4 against 1 and I don't know if I could win over town's trust if that were to happen. What gives?

On the other hand, they might have planned to divert the lynch on a more suspicious looking player such as Liam who I was also suspicious of at the moment. This way, they could act like they are pro-town and still get a townie lynched. Like killing two birds with one stone. And when that's done, mafia will win.

Right now, despite everything, I really think Lani and Liam are both town. So that leaves us with mog and Jacob; mog who I am more sure is scum.

I feel like you and mog are equally (Autocorrect wanted me to say sexually?), scum. Why should I lynch one over the other? and It's just out of nowhere, you come out with mog and try and land a lynch on me.
Doesn't that feel vaguely suspicious to you?
Oh and " but if you mislynch me we lose." seems hypocritical much?
*Drops Mic*

liam i thought you were scum because you're a terrible player. if i happen to be wrong nothing changes that but as i have nothing to go off about your previous games i'm assuming you're a scummy one. i'm not trying to convince anyone to lynch you, if people don't think you're mafia then by all means i don't think they should vote for you but your playing has been terrible, flaky, unexplainable and petty. it's absolutely not out of the blue as i have given you my reasons. you're a terrible player who jumps on the back of anyone who dares suss you

seroja i don't want to vote for you and i'm not going to vote for you. come out with as many excuses as you want to, i seriously don't care, i'm absolutely town and if you lynch me then it's a mistake, i feel as if i'm fighting against such a hard battle because, and i didn't want to say it to offend someone, i replaced someone who made me look so scummy and honestly i think that's why they left so i can pick up the pieces so they don't look so ****ing bad

liam i thought you were scum because you're a terrible player. if i happen to be wrong nothing changes that but as i have nothing to go off about your previous games i'm assuming you're a scummy one. i'm not trying to convince anyone to lynch you, if people don't think you're mafia then by all means i don't think they should vote for you but your playing has been terrible, flaky, unexplainable and petty. it's absolutely not out of the blue as i have given you my reasons. you're a terrible player who jumps on the back of anyone who dares suss you

seroja i don't want to vote for you and i'm not going to vote for you. come out with as many excuses as you want to, i seriously don't care, i'm absolutely town and if you lynch me then it's a mistake, i feel as if i'm fighting against such a hard battle because, and i didn't want to say it to offend someone, i replaced someone who made me look so scummy and honestly i think that's why they left so i can pick up the pieces so they don't look so ****ing bad

I know your mafia so I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, but what have you done except push a lynch on me?
Nothing so you can't speak :lemon:

i was waiting for you to post liam to ease my suspicions but you've not even said anything useful, i'm still giving you a chance to ease my worries but you just seem so sensitive to the fact i dared have suspicions on you

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know your mafia so I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, but what have you done except push a lynch on me?
Nothing so you can't speak :lemon:

push a lynch on you? LOL i posted some reads calm down liam

of course you're not going to bother arguing, you're not going to do anything useful are you?? like the whole game
honestly don't bother playing mafia if you're not even gonna play it

i was waiting for you to post liam to ease my suspicions but you've not even said anything useful, i'm still giving you a chance to ease my worries but you just seem so sensitive to the fact i dared have suspicions on you

- - - Post Merge - - -

push a lynch on you? LOL i posted some reads calm down liam

of course you're not going to bother arguing, you're not going to do anything useful are you?? like the whole game
honestly don't bother playing mafia if you're not even gonna play it

Are you failing to see how this is my second game and I've been trying to improve all the time? Become a better player?
At least I've been attempting to help and do my best unlike you.

Back