• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

99k vs. 100k

Thank you for doing the math for me omg ahah
So only 100k lost from 10m? Yeah... I... Well. I see no reason to be picky about it. Nintendo made it this way (thx nintendo gr8 job) and dropping off money is a huge pain in the ass anyway (once again thank u nintendo), and so while I do try to pay when it's higher up there, it's still a really insignificant amount. I don't know. Like, I just really don't see a reason to freak out over 1k, 10k or 100k. I DUNNO MAYBE THAT MAKES ME A BAD PERSON??? But again no one's ever complained to me and if someone specifies they want the entire correct amount then I'm glad to do so. It's just a pain in the ass to do it otherwise, and I don't expect people to count it all up for me either. whoops probably unpopular opinion /slinks away

In this situation, it should be so easy to drop another 99k bag anyway, and then you only lose 1,000! There shouldn't be a situation where someone drops 100,000 less than they should, especially when they're getting the money out of the bank!

I probably wouldn't make a fuss though, but I do generally use retail for big transactions :D

In this situation, it should be so easy to drop another 99k bag anyway, and then you only lose 1,000! There shouldn't be a situation where someone drops 100,000 less than they should, especially when they're getting the money out of the bank!

I probably wouldn't make a fuss though, but I do generally use retail for big transactions :D

Well no, you're correct, which is why I mentioned I do pay the extra amounts for more expensive stuff. But yeah Retail is a lot easier ;A; Nintendo why

I honestly don't even bother counting properly. Really, I probably should, but I don't feel the need to and so I only count roughly.

Well no, you're correct, which is why I mentioned I do pay the extra amounts for more expensive stuff. But yeah Retail is a lot easier ;A; Nintendo why

The reason I use Retail is because I'm too lazy to count bags and transport money! :D

I think maybe sometimes people forget that 99kbag is not 100k or they miscount. But yes, I think on larger amounts it definitely matters and people should try to be conscientious.

In the less than a month that I've been here I've sold to probably 20ish people. And I've noticed that some of them will offer me 300k, and then drop off 297k (example) and I've been thinking about it and I'd like to take a vote. Is 99k and 100k the same to you? What of it's a 10 million bell purchase?

It isn't the same to me, but I don't really care if it is for 1k less. However if we count in terms of millions it is a different matter.

For every 100k, it is an extra 1000 bells. So if you buy something for 600k it's 6 bags and 6000 bells. very easy. 800k, 8 bags, 8000 bells. 30 million, 300 bags, 300k bells. Hopefully that makes it a bit easier on the math.

Last edited:
I think 99k bags are just fine! I can't be worried about that 1k that I miss, you can make it by selling like anything lol :)

if we're dealing with little money, it won't bother me and I won't say anything
but once you go into the big bucks, I'm saying something cause it will make a difference.

Last edited:
Back