8009-1850-5418
White Violet
Purple Violet
Ruby
White Violet
Purple Violet
Lobo
Pride, Greed, Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Wrath, Sloth

Use the seven sins to evaluate your individual play style!

Activities
Pride: gaining badges
Greed: filling the catalog/museum
Lust: having dreamies and/or interacting with villagers
Envy: landscaping/designing your town
Gluttony: collecting items and/or decorating your house(s)
Wrath: bullying villagers and/or destroying Dream Towns
Sloth: playing minigames

Ratings
how often do you do / how much interest do you have in this activity?

0: never / no interest
1?3: rarely / little interest
4?5: occasionally / some interest
6?7: often / more interest
8?10: a lot / main interest

To be clear: None of these activities are actually bad or ?sinful?
I?m purely suggesting the Seven Sins for fun and theming?if you aren?t comfortable using them, feel free to just label the individual activities another way (by description or with numbers 1?7 for example)

♛​

My Player Profile

Pride: 5
Greed: 6
Lust: 9
Envy: 10
Gluttony: 7
Wrath: 1*
Sloth: 3

My interest in getting badges or collectibles is fairly low in comparison to developing the town. I love the creative aspects of the game as well as the Animals themselves?I care about what my town looks like and which villagers live in it. Minigames are fun, but I wouldn?t miss them if they were taken out.

* Only once, but I surrounded Moose?s house in pitfalls?add that to your exercise regimen, mouse-bro! >D

Mine would be something like:
Pride: 2
Greed: 5
Lust: 5
Envy: 7
Gluttony: 9
Wrath: 5
Sloth: 4

This is a really neat idea! Mine would be:

Pride: 7
I love it when Phineas shows up. There are some badges that I work for harder than others, though, and a lot of badges I just get through normal play so that's why it's not higher.

Greed: 9
This would have been a 10 if it was just for filling up the museum because that is always a huge priority for me, but I don't really care about filling out my catalog except for getting the badge.

Lust: 10
Interacting with the villagers and NPCs is 100% the main reason I play this game so it had to be 10/10.

Envy: 5
I'm not really much of a landscaper. I eventually did complete landscaping in my main town, but I'm perfectly happy to just leave everything looking natural, too.

Gluttony: 8
I do really enjoy decorating my houses. That's a lot of fun.

Wrath: 0
Not once have I ever even felt the desire to be mean to any of the villagers. They are all precious and I love them all.

I went through a phase of playing the mini-games daily when I was trying to collect all of the items, but once I got everything I haven't felt a need to play them again since. They're fun but not a priority for me at all.

Last edited:
Pride: 9
Greed: 9 (i love collecting)
Lust: 7
Gluttony: 10

My would be this:
Pride: 4
I'm not super into collecting badges, and I have no plans to try and collect them all, but I'm always happy to see Phineas. It feels like I'm making progress

Greed: 7
I'm mostly interested in finishing the catalogue because I'm such a hoarder. I like to just have a bunch of random items I'll probably never use, but I also plan to finish the museum

Lust: 3
I'm never super into my villagers. I do like them, but I wouldn't be too sad if they were all replaced with new villagers. As for dreamies, I don't really have a list of villagers I really like. Honestly, I just like some villagers because they give me nostalgia for when I played this game the most. I really do miss that town....

Envy: 6
Admittedly, I haven't put a lot of effort into my town landscape-wise, but I am interested in getting started

Honestly, if you couldn't design your house, I probably wouldn't be playing. It's my favourite thing to do.

Wrath: 9
Not about bullying villagers, I don't do that, but with going to dream town and tearing them down, I do that a lot. It's just very fun, and is great at letting some anger out. I would never do it to a town outside of dream towns though. That's just kinda evil.

Sloth: 1
Eh, I could take them or leave them

Well, this is my player profile:

Pride: 3
It was never one of my goals to get them all, I only collect those which I was able to get over time. Actually, it's for me impossible to even get all of them, since the Streetpass ones always made me trouble. Getting normal Streetpass was already hard enough, getting any for ACNL even harder.

Greed: 7
In every AC game, I do my best to complete both of them as much as I can. But honestly, I was never able to complete either of them to 100%, best I was able to complete was at least around 60-80%.

I do have dream villagers or at least those where I'm happy if they show up in my town. I also like it to interact with my villagers, although I'm not a fan of visiting a villager at his/her house or getting visits.

By far my favorite thing in every main AC game. I just love to do landscaping and I having lots of fun on building up my town.

Just like Landscaping, I also enjoy decorating my home a lot as well as collecting the items I like.

Wrath: 1
Eh, to be honest, I used to be mean to certain villagers, but I stopped this a long time ago. Also, I wouldn't go ahead and destroy a dream town. After all, I go visit it to see someone else's work, there is no motivation for me to destroy anything (unless it's one of those hacked towns where you may need an axe to get through a forest full of hacked trees).

Sloth: 6
Playing mini games on Tortimer's island is sometimes fun, but also sometimes boring. Playing mini games like Puzzle League or Desert Island is however quite entertaining.

Last edited:
My current play style:

Pride: 0
Badge collection completed.

Greed: 0
Museum and catalog completed.

Enjoy periodically interacting with villagers.

Envy: 8
Breeding hybrids and changing the landscaping is still fun for me.

Gluttony: 6
Sometimes spend time redecorating houses.

Not my thing.

Sloth: 4
Sporadically play the minigames.

I'd have to say...

Pride: 1. I don't really care about getting badges, and sometimes even forget they exist. I don't go out of my way to try and get any of the badges.

Greed: 5. I've tried so hard over all my towns to fill the museum, but I've never managed. In my current town, I'm almost done with the fossil exhibit, but that's the only one I work on every day.

Lust: 10. I have all of my dream villagers, and I love interacting with them. While their dialogue can be kind of boring, being that they all seem to have the same personality, despite having different ones, It's interesting to hear what they have to say.

Envy: 2. The only thing I really do to make my town look pretty is try to breed hybrid flowers, which I normally just keep in one large patch. I don't use paths, because I don't have the patience for putting them down all over my town.

Gluttony: 9. I'm a hoarder in Animal Crossing, that's for sure. I store away items that I will never use, thinking that I might someday need them. I've gotten better at selling things I don't need in my storage, but my storage is still about halfway full from junk I probably don't need.

Wrath: 3. I don't really visit dream towns, and the meanest things I do to my villagers is deny their requests. I say three though because one time, I had Sparrow in my town. I really hated him, and I made his catchphrase, "I'm a jerk" to show how much I hated him.

Sloth: 5. I go to the island and play minigames quite a bit, but not for playing the games. I go there to earn medals. When I get them, I'll travel to different club tortimer islands until I find a rare item, which I will buy the most I can of. Then I'll sell them to people, and make money.

That's actually a cool thread !! :lemon:

Here's my thingy:

Pride: 3

I don't really enjoy badges that much... maybe I would if I didn't loose my game because I would've kept playing. But now that I've re-re-bought it, I don't really care.

Greed: 10

My favorite activity out of everything else! I LOVE catching fishes and bugs and seeing the museum getting fuller and fuller overtime.

Lust: 8

I like to interact with my villagers of course! I try to do their little "missions" everyday whenever I have the time to! However I say yes everytime they ask to come to my house but never go because I usually time travel... poor souls.

Envy: 4

Never really been a fan of landscaping. I like it, like placing flowers and a few PWP here and there, but placing paths and all that, I'm not a fan of. I find it quite long and boring. At the end it looks good (for the most part) but it can get very annoying for me.

I LOOOVE doing this too! I really like to complete the catalog and collecting all kinds of objects in my storage, hence why it's completely full with useless furniture that I'll literally never use. But I just love organizing it all.

I used to do it on Let's Go to The City but now I stopped. Whenever there's a villager I don't like, I just ignore them most of the time. I just wait for them to ping me telling me they want to leave. It can be long but I have my other villagers to talk to so it's fine!

Sloth: 0

I never play mini-games. It can be fun and I understand why some people like them but I just don't. I prefer doing other things in my town that playing those!

Last edited:
Greed: 1
Envy: 8

I love decorating my house, and I am still working on finishing each room. I also look forward to landscaping my town once as I have most of the PWP I want for a Zen Town. I almost never bully my neighbors unless I want them to move. I don't play the Mini-games very much, and I like badges but really do not focus on earning them very much.

Pride: 7
Greed: 8
Envy: 7
Sloth: 6

Interacting with my villagers/finding new villagers for my town is by far my favorite aspect of the game. However, I also really enjoy the collecting aspect. Filling my catalog and finding the right furniture is a lot of fun to me.

Pride: 2~ I like getting badges but it is by no means something that I try to get or particularly care about
Greed: 6~ I really like to fill in my museum when I remember but it is not my top priority
Lust: 10~ I love the villagers so much! I have a very wide range of ones that I love but go through phases of having different dreamies. I love all their quirks and designs. Pretty much the only ones I don't care for are the ones that I would consider bland
Envy: 7~ I want my town to look lovely. However, I have neither the patience or motivation half the time to put in as much effort as I would like to. I could really do with a landscaper lol :)
Gluttony: 5~ Middle range for me, I like having nice items in my house but I am not obsessed with it. I will sell rare sets and change them over when I get bored of them but I don't really spend time in my house and therefore, don't buy stuff for it often. I do have some sets though and like my mayor to always look nice.
Wrath: 2~ Very rarely will I try and kick a villager out by means ways. I just make sure I am great friends with them to make sure they ping me to move out and then give them to someone else who wants them.
Sloth: 2~ Don't particularly enjoy mini-games on Tortimer's island. Will occasionally play them so I can get something or on one of the consoles.

Pride: 2
Barely any interest in this. Definitely do not care about having all the badges or anything. It's neat when you get one, but yeah, it's sort of just whatever for me.

I tend to enjoy filling the museum in the games I've played, and it's nice to have as full a catalogue as possible. I don't have a full catalogue, but I still like getting as many items as I can.

One of the more important parts for me, probably second most important. I'm not going to enjoy myself to the fullest if I don't have my favorite villagers, and I have a bunch of villagers whose designs I like so I never repeat the villagers across towns. I have four New Leaf towns and there are still leftovers who didn't fit the themes who I plan to choose from when playing New Horizons next year.

I was initially going to say this was the most important aspect for me, but the interaction with the villagers itself loses some of its luster after a few years and you've seen it all.

Envy: 5
I enjoy designing my towns to fit the themes that I come up with for them and get invested in making them look nice, at least by my own standards. I don't get nearly as involved as other people do, my towns are pretty barebones and ordinary compared to some of the towns out there.

I would rank it a 6 or so since it's fun to do, but I don't do it that often when playing so I bumped it down to a 5.

I was initially going to have this in second place after Lust, but Gluttony won out for me for the reason mentioned in the Lust section. As touched on in the Greed section, I like filling up the catalogue as much as possible even though I'll never actually fill it 100%.

I absolutely love decorating the rooms in my characters' homes. The Happy Home Academy is sort of unfortunate since it limits creativity if you want rewards, as I don't generally follow their standards when doing my interior designing. If I'm aiming for their items on a character, I'll humor them until reaching the top and then I'll remake the rooms to my standards, but sometimes I just ignore them entirely.

Making a nice looking room is really satisfying and it's one of the most basic and important aspects that the game is built around. So yeah, makes sense that it ranks highly for me.

I never feel the desire to assault my villagers with a net or toy hammer, and never prank them with pitfalls either. That said, I do sometimes accidentally hit them with the net when trying to initiate conversation because the net is out. I guess I need to just get in the habit of switching to a different tool before trying to talk to them.

Not only do I not feel the desire to do it, but it's apparently counterproductive to attack them if you actually want them to move out since the moving mechanic is tied to the villager's friendship level. Smacking them around might just have them sticking around longer when you would rather be getting them out as soon as possible. So, just be nice and interact with them like any of your favored villagers and you'll both be better off.

As for destroying dream towns, never done that. I don't generally utilize the Dream Town mechanic at all. One of the only times I did was for an event here on the forums where we had to visit a dream town and take a picture.

Sloth: 5
The minigames are enjoyable enough. Whenever my best friend and I play the game, we tend to go to the island and catch beetles and fish and we occasionally do tours. I'm also fond of the Puzzle League and will just randomly play that once in a while. I would play more of the Island Escape minigame if you didn't have to scan in amiibo and if it weren't such a hassle, it's fun otherwise.

All that said, I generally don't really go out of my way to play them. It's just up to how I'm feeling at the time, and usually when I'm playing Animal Crossing I'm more invested in doing stuff around town or catching bugs and sharks.

Last edited:
Pride: 0

I have no interest in badges at all. I wouldn't even know if I got a new badge for something, especially because I love seeing Phineas around so I never collect any badges from him. Good thing I'm not OCD about these things because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get the StreetPass badge now. :'D

Greed: 5

I'm not actively completing my catalogues and exhibits at the moment, although it is something that I would like to do in the future, especially my exhibits. Catalogue completion isn't something I'd go as far as hiring someone to let me catalogue from them and I wont even mind if I never truly complete my item catalogue. However, the reason why it's a bit higher is I am really into collecting certain items, such as pictures, themed items (I have specific museum theme exhibits), etc. and those I'm pretty active about getting.

I've completed my villager roster in both of my towns. Even back when I was finding villagers to fill the town, most of them weren't really "dreamies" they were mainly chosen because their houses fit my town's theme. But after they moved in, I always came to love them so it was a win win! Whenever I play I gotta talk to everyone at least once a day before I move on.

Definitely 10 and the main reason why I play ACNL. I love landscaping. So much so that I will time travel tons in a day just to move things forward. I love creating custom patterns for tiles, clothes, and furniture. I wait patiently for my villagers to change into my custom designs before I upload my dream address, little things like that would probably make me put envy as the highest. But both my towns are pretty much done for landscaping, but I'd still say it's a 10 since that's my favourite part of the game.

So I love landscaping but I definitely have phases when it comes to interior design. I get really inspired one day and spend hours planning on HHD and then acquiring items to complete rooms. But most of the time I'm really lazy when it comes to interior design. It's the only thing left to do in my second town and I'm putting it off so much u_u But when I get into it I'm really into it!

I never mess with my villagers. Maybe I did in the past but just to see what would happen and then not again. I put it as 1 because sometimes I'll run through flowers in dream towns. Not because I want to destroy their town but just because I enjoy running around and I know I could never actually run in someone's town if I visit them. So flower casualties in dream towns happen but it's not on purpose :p I don't go out of my way to chop down trees or whatever for fun in dreams either.

Sloth: 8

I play puzzle league.. A LOT! I had a phase that I considered to be my ACNL hiatus (no trading, no working on town, etc.) but I just went on to play puzzle league because I love that game :p I also really enjoy island games with friends although I don't do that much anymore.

Horray! ^o^

It makes me really happy to see so many responses to this thread after being gone for a few weeks. There were barely any before I left, so it's nice to know that it apparently wasn't that lame of an idea after all xD

I've read through everyone's posts and think I might write up a more detailed profile for myself once I have more time!

I'm happy when Phineas shows up and it's nice to get new badges, but I'm not that interested into them honestly.

I always enjoy getting new furniture items to deck out my house and fill the museum with everything. But for the museum, I've decided to slow down the donations to spread things out a bit.

Lust: 10
The villagers are an integral part of the game and I always love talking to them and seeing what they have to say and occasionally playing hide and seek or visiting their houses.

Envy: 3
I've added paths and some landscaping to my town but really haven't gotten into the whole landscaping thing.

I really want my house to look good and reflect myself as a person, so I'm trying to decorate!y house in such ways.

I've annoyed my villagers accidentally several times and don't really care for the Dream Towns because it's not going to really affect anyone.

Sloth: 1
I've played the minigames a few times but don't have an Amiibo reader so it costs play coins. I'm just not really interested in them and currently only have the Wii U console so I can only play Desert Island Escape.

Back