3DS or DS?

kwark

Bells
Which console do you prefer to play Wild World on. 3DS or the old DS.

I played it on both and I prefer the 3DS. The controls on the DS are choppy with only the D-pad to work with.
The circle pad on the 3DS makes moving around easier.

I prefer the 3DS, basically because my ds has one broken hinge and the lower screen is scratched. I also agree that the circle pad in the 3ds makes moving much easier!

3DS because my DS doesn't want to charge and there's no point getting a new battery if the 3DS is backwards compatible.
The only drawback is the graphics- WW looks 100x sharper and better on my sister's regular DS than my 3DS >-<

If I were to pick it up again and play it... I would probably use the 3ds. .-. The Dslites I have just feel odd with their controlls and weight.

I prefer playing it on my DS Lite mainly because the 3DS XL makes it way to stretched and I don't really like using the circle pad even though I know I don't have to use it. But overall it feels better to play on the DS Lite.

Last edited:
I prefer playing it on my DS Lite mainly because the 3DS XL makes it way to stretched and I don't really like using the circle pad even though I know I don't have to use it. But overall it feels better to play on the DS Lite.

You can make it original size that it would be on a DS by holding down Start and Select right after you click 'open' on the home menu.

You can make it original size that it would be on a DS by holding down Start and Select right after you click 'open' on the home menu.

I know that, but then it looks absolutely terrible there is just too much black space on the screen

I would prefer to play it on the regular DS. The image is much sharper and to get the same sharpness on 3DS requires having plenty of blank space which doesn't look right.
The problem is that it's a bit of a hassle getting out my DS and its charger when I'm always on my 3DS.

I restarted my WW town recently and didn't like how pixellated it looked on the 3DS XL, plus the black space around normal size was too weird. So I've been playing on my DS Lite. I'd forgotten the joy of using my stylus to make my character runrunrun and only use the D-pad when I have to.

i honestly can't choose between the two. i have an emotional connection with both of them.
my ds and ds lite are good when i feel nostalgic and want to play gba games, so there's that. i feel comfortable with their designs and i don't care much about graphics. my 3ds, on the other hand, is good for newer games like acnl, smash, etc. i absolutely adore the circle pad, but the 3d feature is something i can definitely live without.
tl;dr, both of them are great and i would never go one without the other.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**i went on a rant and didn't even answer the question, whoops--
ww is fine on both consoles to me, so no preference.

DS just because that'd what I always played it on. The D-pad finds it hard to go left, the A button doesn't always work but the original is always the best. I don't think I've played a single DS game on my 3DS there's just no need to really. Got to love that nostalgia factor.

Back