2017: A New Challenge (Always Open to Newcomers)

It's not actually from the (supposed to be mayor) It's a letter from your mom. It says:

How is your first time living alone?
I added something to celebrate you moving
Good luck! From mom.

I'm just lurking here to read all your awesome posts, but I figured since I've studied Japanese and am currently living in Japan, I'd help out ^^; (If you have anything you'd like to know, ask me anytime.)

Thank you so much! I'm really completely clueless with Japanese (as you can probably guess.) I only have this copy because a friend gave it to me hahah Thought I'd finally put it to use :)

I think I'm mostly confused by all of the different alphabets I knew "母" was mother and didn't make the connection that "はは" had the same pronunciation. I need to train myself to recognize sound patterns rather than written patterns

You're welcome! Does the Japanese copy work on other ds's or do you have a japanese system as well? (Since I'm currently in Japan and I thought they don't work)

I'm guessing they don't use many kanji because not all kids can read them yet. Even though 母 is one of the first they learn ><

Xn6scQE.jpg
Needless to say, it wasn't a good one... I'm sorry Poncho, my first victim.

@Cosmic Kid: YOUR DESIGNS ARE AMAZING! they really fit your theme. good job ahhhh. now I'm thinking of making some designs for my town :'D

@Cosmic Kid: you're so talented! those designs look phenomenal!
Aaah, really? Thanks so much! :blush: I don't have much experience of creating clothes but they were definitely fun to make. I'm glad you like them! I hope the villagers do too, haha!

is it just me or does rodney look like he has something to hide? MHMM

euD3Ida.jpg

Besides the fact that he's got the plague? I do think so.

Last edited:
Xn6scQE.jpg

LOL "hit me with it" jeez poor guy :p he was so enthusiastic too.

I finished up work super late today (it's already 12am here u_u) so I will wait until tomorrow to blog my 4th and 5th days. I'll try and play through day 4 before I sleep, otherwise it looks like I'll be missing a day :'D

You're welcome! Does the Japanese copy work on other ds's or do you have a japanese system as well? (Since I'm currently in Japan and I thought they don't work)

I'm guessing they don't use many kanji because not all kids can read them yet. Even though 母 is one of the first they learn ><

It only works on non-Japanese systems if you use a third party program that lets you run games region free. Unfortunately certain features don't work while using the program (can't update the game regularly, can't post miiverse screenshots) I'd give more details but I think it's against forum rules to talk about it

They use kanji in regular dialog but right on top of the kanji they'll have the word written out in hiragana (I think thats what its called?) When I see it that way it's easier to understand for some reason. But in letters and item names they will only write using hiragana and katakana and you can only write out things in hiragana and katakana as they don't have a kanji keyboard.

Mom wasn't the only thing that threw me off either LOL In preparation for this challenge I looked up how to say/write each of the towns fruit in Japanese so that it'd be easier to fulfill villager requests. A villager asked for a "ナシ" on the first day and I had no idea what it meant. If I had sounded it out I would have realized they wanted a pear, but I didn't even considered that a possibility as I was expecting to see it written as "梨" Didn't have google with me so it wasn't until I was shaking pear trees to sell and read the name on the item that I realized what it was :eek:

Xn6scQE.jpg

RIP you little poncho man

Aaah, really? Thanks so much! :blush: I don't have much experience of creating clothes but they were definitely fun to make. I'm glad you like them! I hope the villagers do too, haha!

euD3Ida.jpg

Besides the fact that he's got the plague? I do think so.

LMAO. How fitting. I always knew there was something fishy about that guy

LOL "hit me with it" jeez poor guy :p he was so enthusiastic too.

I finished up work super late today (it's already 12am here u_u) so I will wait until tomorrow to blog my 4th and 5th days. I'll try and play through day 4 before I sleep, otherwise it looks like I'll be missing a day :'D

Thats a long work day! You sleep and relax ; O ; <3

I know that I'm a few days late, but I just reset. Mind if I join and play catchup?

this post is coming in a bit late... but didnt have the time to play during my usual playtime. spoiler because it includes a lot of pictures.

HNI_0028.JPG HNI_0026.JPG
I unlocked the island so of course I went ahead and unlocked club tortimer as soon as I was able to. Made some bells at last! I have lychees and coconuts as the island fruits.

HNI_0015.JPG
ran some errands for my villagers, nothing mayor. just a few present deliveries

HNI_0019.JPG
FINALLY GOT WISP TO SHOW UP. But didn't scan any cards, I want to wait until I have all 9 villagers before I start bringing out the cards.

HNI_0021.JPG
So Julian is the new villager in town. Still don't know how I feel about him. He used to be one of my favorites but now...? IDK

HNI_0023.JPG
the sky was beautiful tonight!

Nashi is actually often written in hiragana, I rarely see the kanji in stores. (Other than that actual Nashi's look exactly like an apple, I was so confused at first xD)

As always I love reading everyone's posts :D

@jambette is one crazy frog......... you know........... your story involving jambette reminded me of this thing I do in all of my towns. basically I have this inside joke where Jambette is a powerful being in ACNL. So all of my mayors have a secret shrine to her in their basements HAHHAHA PRAISE HER
tumblr_nlzxabF9KV1su7rruo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nlzxabF9KV1su7rruo2_400.jpg

congratulations on reaching 100% approval!

Thank you! Haha that's so cool! She's really starting to grow on me but I still don't think I'll be to keep her! Love the idea though!

Day 4 in Latibule~

- Elmer is moving in!
- Enacted the Beautiful Town Ordinance
- Set up and payed off the Campsite
- Completed Initiatives
- Katrina was in town, my lucky item was a silk cap which I was able to buy in Able's
- Payed off the second house loan
- Went to the island
- Phil gave me a genuine warm painting for free!
- Phil is the first of my villagers to get cursed

this post is coming in a bit late... but didnt have the time to play during my usual playtime. spoiler because it includes a lot of pictures.

View attachment 191749 View attachment 191750
I unlocked the island so of course I went ahead and unlocked club tortimer as soon as I was able to. Made some bells at last! I have lychees and coconuts as the island fruits.

View attachment 191751
ran some errands for my villagers, nothing mayor. just a few present deliveries

View attachment 191752
FINALLY GOT WISP TO SHOW UP. But didn't scan any cards, I want to wait until I have all 9 villagers before I start bringing out the cards.

View attachment 191753
So Julian is the new villager in town. Still don't know how I feel about him. He used to be one of my favorites but now...? IDK

View attachment 191754
the sky was beautiful tonight!

Julian plotted the last time I played too! he'll be here today. I never liked him that much but I've also never had him in my town before, so he might grow on me! He has the male version of my real name (Julienne) so I always thought it would be fun to have him in my town :'D

Day 5 in Rajamaa

quIlQwD.jpg

Gaston's moving in. I wish I got someone I like already! Rodney's pretty entertaining but I'm not fond of anyone else. But at least Gaston's one more villager with sloppy and cardboard furniture. Not that I can do anything with it in this town but I'm still gonna attempt to snatch as many pieces as I can off the villagers.

sr620eW.jpg

The Gardening Store's building! I can't wait to plant some trees. Rajamaa's first perfect pear tree bore fruit today and I planted the pears to farm more of them.

KedF1wu.jpg

We celebrated Rajamaa's first PWP, funded with stingfish and ice furniture.

IpBXkGe.jpg

Rodney came snooping around.

1toSVB9.jpg

And here's a happy snowman family from yesterday! Snowtyke gifted me a snowman matryoshka. Where's my snow bunny!

It's okay to start late! I'm going to keep this open to newcomers always :)

thanks!

I started today and my highlight was getting the labrador ornament from the fortune cookie. woohoo

Latibule Day 5~

- Campsite is built
- Started funds and payed off the Suspension Bridge
- Donated fossils, ran errands for villagers etc
- Payed off home loan
- Got throwing beans from Harvey!

finally got round to posting about day 4 & 5, although I didn't get to play much because of work u_u; hopefully I get to catch up this weekend

http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-4-5-blue-pansies-and-blue-unicorns.html

edit

I just realised that our female players have been running around in brown pumps the whole time unless you've bought new shoes from kicks. I imagined my mayor's ootd in her puffy vest, hunters cap and pumps lolol and there's still a while to go before i unlock that store! poor girl

fd90f65ab5.jpg

i'm going to try and get into the habit of occasionally drawing something to accompany my posts, especially once I get into the horror aspect of the town since there's a lot left to the imagination just from screenshots! (if I can be bothered :'D)

Last edited:
I wasn't able to post yesterday so I'll be doing a double post today :)

@hazel: poor phil! did the evil witch punish his act of kindness with a curse?

@dizzy bone: Oh! thats a pretty name :) julian is slowly growing on me, I think. how about you? are you enjoying having him in your town? ALSO OMFG LMAOAOOOOO THAT DRAWING HAHAHAHA IT'S AMAZING

@cosmic kid: aww! pinky(?) looks so cute in your screenshots! also it's so cute when villagers come visit!

@pandapples & windwake: so glad to have you both joining!

Ah, I haven't been able to play for the past few days because I've been sick @@ BUT I finally have my 100% approval rating! X)

Last edited:
The Sleepy Town of Bizhawk

tumblr_static_4hyf69hksq2ogcs0so4skkko4_640_v2.png

Custom rules for my run:

tumblr_inline_mpkujhvkLx1qz4rgp.gif
The Patron of the Stars. You are able to use the Sell Town feature, but you must use this to sell off Vinetown; you cannot use it to sell off a town with more money or catalog items. The old mayor of your town, the town you are fleeing from, is going back to space to alert his Queen of the infection and to find a cure for you, so he's giving you access to his store of what he calls "earth money" for the time being. However, be wary of spending too much of it. It's not really your money after all...

tumblr_inline_mpkuksZObP1qz4rgp.gif
Protection of the Hero. The protection items have been changed from default.

Lil Bro's Hat: When you are wearing this hat, and a villager asks for a change of catchphrase, roll a d6 dice. Rolling a 6 means you have avoided giving them your corruption as the magic in the hat blocks it. If it lands on any other number, the hat's magic doesn't work and the villager is corrupted.

Hero's Tunic: When you are wearing this shirt, the magic of the Hero of Time seems to somewhat slow your corruption of this town. When you are wearing this item, and a villager asks for you to change their catchphrase, roll a d6 dice. If it lands on an odd number, then the magic stops your corruption from taking over the villager. If it rolls even, then your corruption is too powerful for the magic item to contain and you infect your villager with corruption.

tumblr_inline_mpkujkh4cD1qz4rgp.gif
Full Corruption Clause. You may not use save editors, Powersaves, and duping. However, in the event of a total villager corruption count, you then must save and quit immediately and back your save using any save manager. You MUST then load up your town's garden_plus.dat file in a save data / map editor. You then do your best to corrupt the save (placing PWPs and houses in the ocean, moving the town tree, making invalid or odd map acres, and generally messing with the map data.) If the save survives your meddling and doesn't crash in-game, then you must upload it to the Dream Suite without further in-game editing. You may not make backups of the town other than the full corrupted one, and only when in the event of a total Villager corruption count.

tumblr_inline_mpkul4StiV1qz4rgp.gif
Diary Writing. You must make a log of each day and what you did. They must be written as a diary, and like you are the mayor. The backstory can be written in any way you want, however.

Diary entries will be posted here and updated on the Google Doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tHgLz4tuCufD-tpoBSR5d28kIXAmXAFID537hRhIo_g/edit?usp=sharing

Backstory for Binyot is already on that sheet, and will be updated soon with the first entries.

Last edited:
Back