• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia 1984 Mafia: TOWN WINS!

What are night actions?
If your role has a unique ability, it's called a night action. It's specified in the role you were given.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Everyone besides Slammint and Daniel
What're your current reads? If you had to peg two people as mafia, who would they be and why? Also, if you have any town reads, who are they and why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Bloop I saw you poke your head in here earlier, but no comment from you. What're your thoughts about what happened so far?

If your role has a unique ability, it's called a night action. It's specified in the role you were given.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Everyone besides Slammint and Daniel
What're your current reads? If you had to peg two people as mafia, who would they be and why? Also, if you have any town reads, who are they and why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Bloop I saw you poke your head in here earlier, but no comment from you. What're your thoughts about what happened so far?
Oh thanks :p

I kinda think that Trojan is mafia too, but Endless did say before that they were confirmed town. At the time I thought it was him covering for his maf partner, but now...

Also, Trojan literally asked me how to send in a mafia kill, then later said his role was killing people. That's kinda sus. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Given that there is two mafia, if no vig actions are taken we should have two mislynches up our sleeves. However, I would recommend nling one day so that the game isn't taken into a 4 way.

I thought you were the confirmed town Rune?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Trojan literally asked me how to send in a mafia kill, then later said his role was killing people. That's kinda sus. :p
Ok thats sus af. I'm pretty damn confidant he's scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If he doesn't get lynched tomorrow (unless something comes up), I'm going to be sad.

I don't know stuff like:
Favorite game
What do you do to past time
Why do you like tbt
Etc.

Animal Crossing / Pokemon.
Video Games / Forum.
A fun way to connect with people who have similar interest.

I don't see how this helps you gain any insight on who's mafia or not. ?

Some of my current reads are as followed... if had to choose as to whom is acting the most sus at the moment that would be Call Me Daniel and Trojan. Slammint I can't tell if she is really that clueless or covering up.... I don't see why people at saying Sarasakat is sus but im keeping an eye on you. ha

Oh hey ender how's it going?

Pretty well other than ruining my sleep schedule to watch Worlds. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know stuff like:
Favorite game
What do you do to past time
Why do you like tbt
Etc.

Favourite game?
That's hard. I have too many.

What do I do to pass time?
Write. Talk. Play one of my plethora of videogames. Watch LoL. Catch up on TV shows/anime. Pretend to be a functioning member of society. :p

Why do I like Tbt?
It's a fun place so far. :D And I like playing mafia here already.

Pretend to be a functioning member of society.
Relatable tbh

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, yeah. Anyone can answer thos if they wish, but aiming this at Labelle and Ender in particular:

What're your thoughts on Trojan?

- - - Post Merge - - -

this*

What do you think about Endless saying that Rune is confirmed?
Don't think to much about it honestly.

Why is someone who doesn't post an auto 0? Couldn't it be a mafian lurking in the shadows?
I've known bloobloop before and they don't seem like the kind of person to be stalking and gathering info, I'm guessing they are pretty busy like I am.

Also, if you can, can you cite specific instances where you got the opinions you did on the ones you didn't put down? For reference, you gave a reason for Labelle and (kinda) Ender and (kinda kinda) me, but not for anyone else.
I don't really have any evidence expect the fact that they've stated that they have experience so it makes it harder to tell if they're lying or not. More experience makes you a better player.
Can you clarify what you mean by "just lynching in general" for Ender?
They seemed very excited about the lynching, like he was waiting to vote, which i think he voted for endless, for no good reason i've seen.

Why would Trojan wanna know how to properly send in a mafia kill ?

I can't give you a precise reason why, but the vibe i get from you isn't a good one. If you turn out to be mafia i wouldn't be surprised. And if you'd like to get a better read on me, feel free to ask me questions!

Why would you target SarasaKat with no evidence ? makes me look at you twice.

and im still getting a negative feel from Ender... he doesn't seem to willing to try to help snoop out the mafia just seems to be laying low and now going back and looking at his and Endless votes maybe knowing Endless wasn't mafia and wanted to fly under the radar along side of him he followed Endless vote to lynch Slammint, seeing that he did vote second a few minutes after Endless.

What do you think about Endless saying that Rune is confirmed?
Don't think to much about it honestly.

Why is someone who doesn't post an auto 0? Couldn't it be a mafian lurking in the shadows?
I've known bloobloop before and they don't seem like the kind of person to be stalking and gathering info, I'm guessing they are pretty busy like I am.
Wait, you think someone saying another person was a Town PR is nothing much to think about?!

I saw Bloobloop in the thread earlier, actually, but they didn't say anything. Do you think they were simply busy and trying to catch up, or does that change your mind?

As a side note, and this goes to everyone, using gut feelings and hunches as the reason you indict/clear someone is a place to start, but it is by no means the end all/be all. In order to be taken seriously in mafia, you need to find evidence to support your claims. I know I sound like a broken record when I keep asking you guys for evidence, but it's crucial that it's there. Otherwise, all your opinion is is that - an opinion. Not an argument/statement. It even looks suspicious when you base a suspicion based of purely a hutch, as it shows an unwillingness to go back and back up your claims and you're expecting people to just follow your train of thought. I get most of you guys are new, which is why I haven't been using that as a point against you guys. But it can and will be used against you in future games, and it's better to start using evidence later than never.

Now that being said, it's good to have opinions. We want to hear them! Even hutches! However, in order to understand them/see if your opinion has any merit, you need to have evidence that the rest of us can analyze. And if you're stating a hutch, then A. try to find what makes you feel that way/quote it. Explain it if you can. And if you can't, then B. Don't make a big deal out of it. State it, say that it's merely a hutch that you tried and can't explain, and move on. And keep trying to find evidence for it as time goes on.

I've really got to take a closer look at the whole Ender situation. I mean I think he's very likely mafia due to host bias (I'd be shocked if neither LaBelle nor Ender was mafia), but nothing struck me post wise at a glance. I'm gonna go take a deeper look at him.

Can you clarify what you mean by "just lynching in general" for Ender?
They seemed very excited about the lynching, like he was waiting to vote, which i think he voted for endless, for no good reason i've seen.

I literally said I was going to vote Endless before the roles were being sent out. It was a joke, and it was an obvious joke since, you know, I had no idea what role I was, and therefore there was no way even Endless knew his own role at that point. I'm REALLY not sure why you're harping on that.

and im still getting a negative feel from Ender... he doesn't seem to willing to try to help snoop out the mafia just seems to be laying low and now going back and looking at his and Endless votes maybe knowing Endless wasn't mafia and wanted to fly under the radar along side of him he followed Endless vote to lynch Slammint, seeing that he did vote second a few minutes after Endless.

I too think that Ender isn't willing to snoop out the mafia because he said he'd be back with analysis... around now actually. Because I woke up properly. Yay.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Memo: Before anyone asks why I don't have any mention of myself on my list, that's because analysing myself, no matter what alignment I am, is obviously going to be biased.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just a reference point for anyone else that wants to accuse me because of the joke-vote on Endless:

Anyone ready for the instant Endless Vote on D1? Memewagon has no brakes.

When I said I was going to do it.

All roles have been distributed, if you have not received your role then pm me

Nearly 24 hours LATER, Dolby distributing roles.

Ooh ok ok just for clarification for those of you who didn't get the whole Rune/Trojan thing and why they were seen as town (tbh I just finally understood myself - I thought Trojan's reasoning was the one for Rune, and I completely missed Rune's intended reasoning, and I was just kinda confused this whole time):

Why Rune is town:
He stated with 12 people in the game there'd be three mafians, when there's 10 in this game so there should be 2. Not a mistake a mafian would make.

Why Trojan is PR:
He asked how you use a role. Implies Town PR as he asked in thread, rather than in a mafia chat of some kind (which we wouldn't see).

As of now, there's nothing that's seriously raising any red flags in my book, only two very minor ones:

1) The whole "lack of motivation" thing. It doesn't sound good to say you lack motivation to do something that promotes flow of information, but I get the reason.
2) Voting Slammint without stating in thread why he voted him (he does eventually, though).

Again, pretty damn minor stuff. I'm not entirely done reading, but he looks pretty much ok as of now.

I'm kind of curious about this still though:
Why were you so convinced that Slammint was mafia, Ender?

- - - Post Merge - - -

As of now, there's nothing that's seriously raising any red flags in my book, only two very minor ones:

1) The whole "lack of motivation" thing. It doesn't sound good to say you lack motivation to do something that promotes flow of information, but I get the reason.
2) Voting Slammint without stating in thread why he voted him (he does eventually, though).

Again, pretty damn minor stuff. I'm not entirely done reading, but he looks pretty much ok as of now.

I'm kind of curious about this still though:
Why were you so convinced that Slammint was mafia, Ender?
This is in reference to Ender.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, hold up, did he ever explicitly state why? Lemme check. I was saying that part from memory

Ender can you please explain how the conversation, if there was any went between you and Endless to come to the conculsion to vote for the same person ? was it you or he that made the initial decision and who followed and how willingly ? and with what evidence to single out Slammint ?

Ok.
Ender said:
Then Slammint's post made me think "Oh, newbie scum found". It's the traditional "Lol I'm confused I'll bandwagon" scumpost.
So this is the reason, right? This poses the question: do you still believe that Slammint is scum because of this? Do you think there's additional reasons now that he is scum?

But then this happens:
Now, I honestly didn't understand that, but he [Endless] made a case that eventually made sense to me [that Slammint was innocent]. Though even then that still confused me. I mean, Slammint isn't confirmed mafia, but Endless knows as well as I how often that move is scum from newer players.
So a case for his innocence made sense. So this poses some more questions:

A. What was this theory of Endless's?
B. It made sense to you. Did it convince you?
~a. If so, then why did you keep your vote on him? Did he do something else?
~b. If not, why not?

Oh my god I can't believe I didn't give this post a second look sooner.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ia-Night-One&p=5611216&viewfull=1#post5611216, for reference.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When will Day 2 start?

Just not sure if it's gonna start at 10:30 EST or 11:00 EST b/c the day post said night actions can be sent in for 23.5 hours, so that implies 10:30, but if it's a 24 hour night, then 11:00 EST makes more sense.

@Ender Mkay. I'm gonna do more of a less-organized ISO and only bring up posts that grab my suspicion. Feel free to answer the questions after your reads/ISOs.

Ho boy. See there's a HUGE difference between essays on one subject and PMing everyone. Essays spouting guilt/innocence is a very focused group. It's like an essay for an educational institute of your choice. It's a very focused piece of work. You know the subject and the end goal. You just have to amass evidence for it.

PMing everyone is more like sending out professional letters to various people as a secretary of some sort. You're trying to open dialogue on a specific subject, but at the same time you cannot just create a copy/paste message, because that then feels impersonal.

So it's not writing one PM. It's writing one PM for everyone in the game.

I hope that clarifies why writing up the PMs is more work than writing up a case one someone. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

School is for the week.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also writing up Essays on someone when you're sure their guilty has a drive and goal. I find it a lot easier to motivate myself when I have a goal. PMing everyone is information gathering without really any specific goal. :D
I actually rather liked this post, but like I said, the motivation thing is a slight issue, but nothing really much of note. I think this was actually very well written though.

Rune's post is pretty bad.

But what really trips me is two things:

A. The

is really bad.

B. I really want to lynch Endless.
Wait, so you want to lynch Endless, or you're saying that Rune wants to lynch Endless?

2. I don't like revealing my read tricks on Endless, otherwise he changes them. (I didn't say 100% because there's a 10% chance he already worked this way of townreading him out and is masking.)
Wait, so you found some tell in Endless's posts between page 4 and half of page 5 that make you completely change your opinion from lynch material to 90% sure he's town?

Okay.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay my 90% thing was right. Feeling better about myself now.
Not anything that I really need addressed (what is there to address), but I found this reaction kinda underwhelming.
No other posts of his really stood out for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My previous post said:
Wait, so you found some tell in Endless's posts between page 4 and half of page 5 that make you completely change your opinion from lynch material to 90% sure he's town?
And for the record, the only post Endless made since this was:

Rip, rune townslipped. There's two mafia since its a 10 person. Game and that post of his is genuine.

ADDRESSING THE SARASA INCIDENT: role sharing for information is a common request in pm games. I figured SarasaKat wouldn't share though so I was merely doing it for reactions. The reaction I got was something I Initially mistook for overcompensation but am now of the opinion that it isn't.

Regarding my trojan townread: the reason I townread him has nothing to do with his behaviour. If you'd read his content you'd agree with me.

Regarding the bloop and slammint destination: one voted randomly, one pushed a wagon and claimed to vote randomly. As weird as this may seem, those are in fact not the same action.

List of lock town:
Rune (removed if Dolby is a madman and there's three, buy only EVER consider if the game isn't over after lynching two mafia.)
Trojan

List of probable town:
Panda

List of null:
Daniel
Ender

List of weak mafia:
SarasaKat

List of mafia:
Slammint. (For all I k ow you could be mafia is a line I've never seen town use.)

I've missed some but busy as hell.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only post Endless made between those two times*

Back