Fortune Cookie
Blue Holiday Candle
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Red Holiday Candle
Quirky Doll
Weird Doll
Feedback
99.5% (197) +
I don’t need any TBT so I’m hosting a contest to give it away. Please read the rules carefully before entering.

Rules:
In order to enter, you must state your favorite non-Animal Crossing video game character, and say why they are your favorite. It can be any character as long as they originated from a video game and aren’t from Animal Crossing. Your reasoning for why they’re your favorite must be at least five sentences. (There is no upper limit.) You must include the word ‘fire’ in your entry to show that you have read the rules. Having your entry in a spoiler is preferred but optional. It can only be one singular character, and you can only enter once. Your reasoning can be heartfelt, or silly, or anything.

Winners will be decided in two ways:

The grand prize is 1000 TBT and whichever entry is my favorite will be picked by me to receive it.

To make things more fair for everyone, there be five additional 100 TBT prizes that will be picked by a random number generator. There will be six individual winners; You can not win more than once.

Contest/Giveaway will end on August 8th at 3PM EST, so about a day from this post. Shortly thereafter I’ll announce the winners.

Good luck!

This is so generous and kind 💜 I have to go for Mario. He is my son’s favourite. We have played lots of games together. I have loved playing all games with him. Mario Kart wii is a favourite that we play together 🥰

Edit; this is on fire 🔥🔥

Last edited:
I would choose Sonic the Hedgehog, as it was the game I played the most as a child on the Mega Drive. I still play Sonic on the Switch and whenever I see Sonic now it brings back so many happy memories of sitting in front of the television with the wired controllers, especially at Christmas with the family taking turns to play. Who wouldn't want to be able to roll up into a ball and speed through walls? I remember trying to complete the Marble Zone, with all that fire I thought as a child it was going to be impossible to complete, but Sonic and I did it! One of my favourite things about Sonic at the end of a level, if you have enough rings you got to jump through the ring and play the bonus round! I always love trying to guide Sonic into the middle of the maze to the crystal!

Last edited:
This is so kind of you!!!

My favorite video game character is KIRBY. I think he's such a silly lil dude with his suction powers hehe. What really made me fall in love with Kirby was the newer game Kirby and The Forgotten Land, my best friend Ariane on here showed it to me actually! It was my first Kirby game and now I'm obsessed with himb :lemon: I love his fire ability in the game. I even bought the 30th anniversary Kirby plush. I plan to buy much much more merch from him and have a display case FULL, that is the dream.

Thank you for doing this! and goodluck to whoever wins :D

OH oH my favorite video game character ever HAS to be Waluigi!!!! he's so ridiculous and hilarious and an absolute meme-lord and legend!! how could you not love him?? he's lanky as hell, is a pro cheater, yeets bombs for fun, says the weirdest **** and laughs maniacally, and is an asexual/non-binary icon as well! he's a terribly underrated character and I really wish Nintendo would include him in an actual platformer/adventure game or even a Warioware game! to say I like any vg character more than Waluigi would be an ABSOLUTE lie lmao.

ty for this opportunity my dude, very generous of you!! 🥰
edit: very fire my dude and ty for acknowledging my inability to read properly lol

Last edited:
Thank you for the opportunity, this contest idea is fire!
1659901477426.png

My favorite non-AC video game character is Razputin Aquato from Psychonauts. I admire his tenacity and how patient and understanding he is with people, especially when they have serious mental illness. He has a tendency to jump in and help which sometimes backfires, but when he makes mistakes he is quick to own up to and fix them. Raz believed his father hated psychics, and by proxy thought his father hated him as well, so he ran away from the circus. This reads to me isolating himself from his toxic family, which is relatable to me as it's something I've had to do in my own life. He still loves his dad, but can't be his healthy authentic self around his family. Raz is always eager to help and is working diligently towards his dream of becoming a Psychonaut. I want to be like Raz in his understanding that people are complicated, that everyone comes with hidden baggage and scars you can't always see, but no one is a lost cause. Sometimes we just need a little help sorting our minds out.

On that note, I love Psychonauts 1 and 2 very much. If you haven't gotten a chance to play them yet, I highly recommend both games. I even helped Kickstart the second game and my name is in the credits!

Last edited:
Thank you for the giveawa! 😊 Here’s my entry:

8DC2DB84-4CA2-4D22-8A8F-718D0789190C.png

When I got my very first Nintendo, I picked up a very cheap Sonic game in one of those on-sale-game-piles at my local supermarket. I loved playing it because it gave me the option to play as a female character! Even as a little kid it irked me that some games would force me to play as a male character who I couldn’t identify with (for example Zelda games, early Harvest Moon) so I was in awe when I was presented with a choice! I adored playing as blaze, because I admired her strength, grace and elegant fire powers - not to mention she’s a purple cat! How awesome is that??
I continued to pick her whenever she was an option in future games. I think in hindsight I might have had a little crush on her too 🤭

I‘m not sure if she’s known much, but imo she deserves more attention!

Yo a chance to talk about my fav character?? Heck yes.

Img401805_l.png

My fav is Risukuma from the Puyo Puyo series. Is he a squirrel or a bear? Who knows!! He chugs down chemicals like they're energy drinks! He throws explosions in battle while shouting I LOVE YOU!! And above all, he's a caring guy who cares deeply about his friends!!! Even as a scientist, he believes the power of love reigns over all. He is funky & cool & passionate. He lights a fire in my heart!! Most puyo fans don't even care about him but he will forever be my puyo popping main!!!🐿️💙🧪🐻

Thanks for hosting!!

Yoshijumpjoy.gif
My favourite video game character has got to be Yoshi!
Yoshijumpjoy.gif

TetrisAttackSNES-YoshiVsIdleA.gif
The lovable dinosaur has been sparking bright joy in every game he's appeared in since Super Mario World, and every time he comes on screen he brings a smile to my face.
92px-YoshiDance.gif

SMA2_MarioYoshiGS.gif
He's always helping others, asking for nothing in return. He's carried Mario around in so many adventures, you'd think he'd get tired of it! And whenever he appears in the platformer games, it's always so much fun to ride him around, gobbling up enemies like it's nothing.
TetrisAttackSNES-YoshiVsAttacking.gif
The way he talks is super cute, too! It's no secret that his voice is that of Kazumi Totaka speaking in slow-motion, sped up, but his performance creates such an iconic character that it really doesn't sound like a sped-up voice at all! Here is a clip of Yoshi singing Totaka's song, ain't that the cutest?
Yoshibike.gif
There are some games where he's made less cute and soft to match the game's aesthetic, like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the Super Mario Strikers series. But even when presented as a fire-breathing monster, or an angel of death, he still does it with such grace, I can't help but be proud of him...

94px-YoshiAwards1.gif
I hope you enjoyed reading my plea for Yoshi! He's such a loveable character and I hope I've been able to convey even a small amount of the joy he brings me.

Last edited:
Wow!! This is so generous and nice!! Thank you for doing this! Its a cute little idea to write about your faves! :D

1659905659019.png

My favorite video game character would be Princess Daisy! I remember when I finished Kindergarten and my Nanna gave me Mario Party 9 to play on our Wii U! When I saw all the characters Daisy instantly became my favorite. I love her design, voice, and fire personality! Every game I got from then on I looked for Daisy and whenever she was there I played as her! I now own a TON of Daisy merchandise and still love the character!!

Thanks for the fire contest mate and good luck everyone.

I picked Lúcio from Overwatch as one of my favourite characters cause he's just a good guy. I felt like he used to get over looked as a healer (idk about anymore cause it's been awhile since I played) but he was always a solid team player. You can use his weapon to boop others off of edges, which only select characters can do & is quite satisfying. He always keeps up a positive spirit. Plus he rocks green as a colour with his subtle frog theme so he has my vote.

i think i'm going to have to go with lumine from genshin impact. (not that i call her that asdfghjk, but it's her 'official' name.) i think she has a super cute design and voice, and her anemo ability is really fun to use. i also feel the need to like her more just because of the disrespect (for lack of a better work) she gets from a lot of the fandom and even the game's company itself. even though you're allowed to pick either of the twins as your protagonist, her brother is somehow only allowed to be the canon one, and so it's almost exclusively him that gets used in official art when it's other characters' birthdays and such, which kind of sucks. i've seen a lot of other players claim she has to be the [redacted, for spoilers] one simply because she's less expressive (which i would argue is more down to the creators) or something, which isn't a vibe i've ever gotten while playing as her. i can't wait for the pyro region to be added to the game, so she can use fire attacks >:)

My favorite video game character is Rosalina. The first time I saw her, my eyes twinkled with the fire of the brightest stars 🤩. I love how much of a mother figure Rosalina is! Her dress is my favorite color, too. I love her story and just relate to her so much. 💗
mk8.0-1.jpg

Thank you for running this contest ☺️

My favourite character is Toad I used to love playing Mario kart on the older consoles when I was a kid. I would always pick Toad as he is so cute and I loved his little mushroom top. I was pretty Fire 🔥 at Mario kart none of my cousins/siblings could beat me.
1659911596630.jpeg

ooh, those prizes are absolute fire! 🔥 thank you for hosting such a generous giveaway! good luck to everyone. ☺️
my favourite non-ac character has to be sayori from doki doki literature club! aside from the fact that i think her design is super cute (she looks so kind :c), the main reason she’s my favourite is because i honestly see a lot of myself in her. we both tend to become fixated and obsessed with our hobbies and interests, only to quickly lose interest in them as a result. we’re both super clumsy, and we don’t like arguments. she finds comfort in writing the same way that i do, because it helps us sort through and express our feelings. and on a deeper note — we both suffer from depression, and struggle with a lot because of it, like getting out of bed in the morning, going to school, remaining tidy and organized, believing that we’re worthy of love and being cared for.

but all that aside, she’s honestly just a super sweet character. her dialogue is always so kind, and she was a calming presence in what quickly turned out to be a sad ass game lol. she deserved better fr. 😔✊🏻

28977BA5-663E-4E2F-B88C-F032F5EF207B.jpeg

thank you so much for hosting such a kind and generous giveaway! 💚
1Ku3dle.gif

my favourite video game characters is also one of my oldest favourites, luigi! i remember getting super mario bros. 3 on my gameboy advance sp as a kid and always wanted to play as luigi because green was my favourite colour. (the fire flower power up was cool but i always loved using the frog suit power up!) i eventually went on to play the paper mario and mario & luigi series and loved luigi's characterization in those games. he's a little goofy, clumsy but has a heart of gold. i still have my original copy of luigi's mansion on the gamecube and it's one of my most cherished games. he's a really endearing character and i feel that he shows that you don't always have to do things perfectly to be considered a hero! he might always be scared and terrified of everything, but he always musters up the courage to save the day!
cySEVbh.gif

This giveaway is fire!! 🔥

My favorite character is Link! I grew up playing the Zelda series so I've always loved playing as Link. I think the reason why he is my favorite character is the sense of spirit and courage that he displays in each game. He runs into problems head first to save his kingdom and those he cares about. He is fiercely loyal and brave, and i think he's just a great character all around. He is not the only one I love in the Zelda series, but he's definitely at the top!

Thanks for the opportunity!! 😊

Thank you so much for this giveaway! It's very kind!

My favourite video game character would be Kirby. He's adorable and actually so powerful for his small size. I love that all he wants to do is eat food and relax. It's such a mood lol. He's such a unique character in the sense that he appears all cute but can actually destroy you. That is, he's not so violent about it and doesn't care about showing off. It's fire!

My favorite video game character would have to be Croconaw. I love his color scheme and his little caveman outfit, lol. I grew very attached to this Pokémon at a young age. I even have a big Croconaw fathead on my wall. It became part of my identity somehow and it’s an online alias for me. Even though I’m not as into Pokémon anymore, my love for this character still stuck. Not only can Croconaw be strong against fire types, but grass types as well (with ice type moves).

What a neat giveaway!! I will fire away and give it a shot.

I think my favorite video game character might be Shane from Stardew Valley. He is one of the most hated characters among other Stardew Valley players (if not the most hated character). He is a bitter, rude alcoholic who lives with his aunt and goddaughter. So why do I like him? I like him because as you get to know him, he warms up to you, and apologizes for treating you harshly. Later on in the game it is revealed that he has blue chickens, and it shows a softer, more caring side of him. He also has a dark backstory that kinda explains his alcoholism and rudeness, and while I am not an alcoholic myself, I can certainly understand where he is coming from when it comes to depression. In short, I relate to Shane. (But I am okay)

Last edited:
Back