• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Introducing the Monthly Birthstone series (Shop Collectibles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Hey folks! We're announcing our plans today for some new collectibles, as promised a few weeks ago. Starting with September, the TBT Shop is offering a monthly birthstone collectible to purchase every month! These beautifully crafted icons by Thunder mimic the gems from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, each themed to the month's specific birthstone. We hope these will be a fun new addition to the shop, with a new birthstone to look forward to collecting every single month.

Get your own September Birthstone (Sapphire) collectible in the TBT Shop right now for just 299 Bells! It will be removed from the Shop around midnight on September 30th, and won't return until September 2014. (or never, that hasn't been decided yet)

Note: The birthstones are currently unique items. The reasoning behind this is to prevent stocking up on multiples to later re-sell when they are unavailable. We want these to be a special item for those around when they are sold.

EDIT: I think there's a little bit of confusion going on here? You are welcome (and encouraged) to buy them all as they are made available! They aren't exclusive to those with birthdays in the month or anything like that. :) It's intended as a fun collectible to say "I was around for that month!". If you're in need of Bells, may I suggest offering some kind of service in the TBT Marketplace?

Wow, sounds good! I'll be sure to buy my birthstone :D

And maybe whatever else I can afford ;)

I love this idea :3

Last edited:
Awesome~ I'm so happy sapphire is my birthstone, I don't have to wait! ^_^

EDIT: Question about collectibles in general, is there anyway to display more than 5 collectibles? If not, would that ever be a possibility? Maybe upgrade it to 10 or something of the sort?

Last edited:
I think there's a little bit of confusion going on here? You are welcome (and encouraged) to buy them all as they are made available! They aren't exclusive to those with birthdays in the month or anything like that. :) It's intended as a fun collectible to say "I was around for that month!". If you're in need of Bells, may I suggest offering some kind of service in the TBT Marketplace?

EDIT: Question about collectibles in general, is there anyway to display more than 5 collectibles? If not, would that ever be a possibility? Maybe upgrade it to 10 or something of the sort?

Yeah, it's a bit of a problem that we need to solve as we are adding more and more collectibles. An easy solution would obviously be to double the sidebar to 10, but I feel as if the side is already cluttered as it is without adding more height to it if that makes any sense.

There is a Shop tab in your profile that will display everything that you have active. But that already causes you to lose control of what displays on the sidebar next to posts since it will just choose 5. Upsides and downsides, but it's an option for now.

^^ Sapphire is my birthstone! What awesome collectables!

I wasn't sure how to get it, but I knew how to get one and I got it. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey, how come its not showing up in my items list?

Do you have a list of the birthstone month by month?

because if you're using real life birthstone, December has like three of them. D:

edit: and are they unlimited?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back