• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This can't be happening...

Tsuna

10th
Bells
I have Grizzly in my town, and I was trying to get him and another villager out. Grizzly finally pinged today and I talked to him, Went with the second option and He decided to stay. I really wanted him gone so I returned to the home menu and close the game to try it again. I've done this with a few villagers when I want them gone and they decide to stay... But this time, I was going in and it says my saved data is corrupted... ; v ;

I'm crying right now. I had quite a few of my dreamies... My items... Everything is just gone.
My Marshal.. My Marina.. My Shep.. My Fang... My Genji... They're all gone. I was going to get Beau in a trade for my Bam but now I can't. ; v ;
I wish I never returned to the home menu! ; n ;

I need some comfort right now, Has this ever happened to anyone? I returned to the home menu and closed the game so many times before this and nothing went wrong. Why, why,why. v n v

I urge everyone to exercise caution when returning to the home menu and closing the game without saving..

Anyway, Here's to new beginnings!

new_beginning_by_tsunachu-d6jy15n.jpg
Starting villages- Gigi, Bam<3, Gala, Peggy and FANG<3

Look what I found today after a bit of time traveling!! ; u ;
asdfghjkl_by_tsunachu-d6jy153.jpg
My favorite villager Marshal Is BACK <33 Now I don't have to take the one that was going to be given to me for free! ; u ;

**I made a blog on here for my new town, Lightlea<3 http://www.belltreeforums.com/entry.php?1711-The-start-of-a-new-Beginning**

Last edited:
I've had my town corrupt before, but not from going to the home menu. D:
I'm so sorry! Starting over isn't easy, especially when you have so many things unlocked and villagers that you like.
If you need any fruit, tools or anything, please let me know!

Oh wow I'm so sorry! ;o;
I never knew your game can corrupt from going to the home menu!D:

This is why I always save my game before I quit. <<; I've never thought doing that was healthy for the game. I'm super paranoid like that.

Sorry for your loss though! *offers tea and cookies* D: Have some sweets.

Are you playing a digital copy of the game?

Also, don't feel too down about it... you can make it back up again! It's not as if the game is broken. :] Think about it: the game hasn't even been out three months yet (unless you're playing a Japanese or Korean copy of the game) so it will be easy enough to make the progress back up again. It's much better than being a year down the line and losing all of your progress.

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.
Your file can corrupt just from going to the menu?
Well, bye reset tricks! Cannot risk losing my Phoebe - no, no, no!

With this information, this game just got harder. Oh my God..
I'm sick in the stomach right now. Ugh. I feel so bad..
Oh no.. :'(

Can I ask this: were you using the digital or the cartridge version?

:0 NOOOO
I would freak out if that happened to me :(
I hope you can start up again and get your dreamies back
<3 <3 <3
;-; Were you playing on a cartridge or digital version?

Hmm... Not sure if the frequent HOME Menu accesses while ACNL is running are the root of the saved data corruption. It doesn't even matter if your copy is physical or digital.

The thing is, it's extremely difficult to accurately pinpoint what actually causes the data to corrupt. The game itself is so poorly coded that the corrupting can randomly occurs at any given moment, as a sizeable amount of reports over the Internet suggested. It seems like that some 3DS systems are more prone of that problem than the others, as my experience with my vanilla JPN 3DS evidenced a lot. It crashed enough times to tell that my old 3DS is kinda defective (other games on it worked flawlessly). I've performed a System Transfer to my newer 3DS LL, and the game never crashed afterwards, regardless on how long I play in a single sitting.

Oh no. I'm so sorry! I've heard all this nasty stuff about corrupted saves, so I've been avoiding going to the home menu or even putting the game in sleep mode. It's terrible that this is literally the worst game to have these issues with, and yet it seems to be somewhat common.

If you need a little bit of help getting back on your feet, please just let me know. I don't know if I can be of any help getting back your dream villagers (I can help search for them if you want!), but I'd be happy to provide stuff like fruits and whatnot. Or items that you had in your home. Sorry I can't do more. D: I know that all that can't even come close to replacing your town and your villagers, but I'm sure that you'll find them again someday if you want to start over~

OmygoshIcan'teven *^* I freak out everytime I save/close the screen. I remember when I was little I would DIE if my town would reset in WW. I'd accomplished so much!

omg, thats awful >.< if you need anything like fruit, tools, flowers or furniture just message me!
one time my game was taking longer than usual to save and i thought i was gonna have to power off and risk corruption but luckily it saved eventually. id be so mad losing my 100mil bells and dreamies.

Oh, I didn't know Save Corruption can stem from entering the Home screen Menu...

Always Save before letting the game go to ZzzzZZzZzzzz! New Rule! ^-^

Best of luck, Tsuna!

Nooo I feel sorry for you! D:
Hope you can build your game up again and re-build your town :c

There really isn't a way to back up saved data? On the Playstation Vita you can back up saved data, from a cartridge or otherwise. I think to restore the saved data, you must override your current file, so it really was intended as a back up only option. As a Ps+ user, it backs up to their cloud. With the Vita being a competitor, you'd think Nintendo would have come up with some kind of solution... That's scary. I have backups... of my backups D: Not having a backup is like taking my entire life savings out in cash and waving it at a crowd...

Oh no! I'm so sorry ;__;
Like someone else said, at least you haven't been playing it for longer and then this happened, but still, I know it must suck. :c

Back