• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where are those villager pixels from?

I'm pretty sure that these pixels are free use for non-profit reasons. I understand giving credit where credit is due, but no one is claiming they own these and no one is making money with them. On top of it, these are already licensed characters. Idk I don't see the harm.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Should we all be giving source credit for our icons too?
I'm pretty sure it's obvious we didn't draw these.

This post pretty much explains it.

The artist specifically stated that they were for free use as long as it was for non-profit reasons. It's polite to credit, and in a lot of cases you should. But for this artist specifically they have already given permission to use.

No more debating. It's starting to get spammy.

We are talking about stealing art here, not forum rules, using someone art and not giving credit is stealing, the reason there are so many people asking about these pixels is because there are so many people using them and not giving the appropriate credit. Which should be placed next to where you are using them. i.e your signature

no, using someone's art and claiming it as your own is stealing.

Sorry for bumping, but I went to the website but it was in Japanese and I couldn't find any icons there at all. Just two pages in the style of a book with text.

EDIT: Figured it out now

Last edited:
We are talking about stealing art here, not forum rules, using someone art and not giving credit is stealing, the reason there are so many people asking about these pixels is because there are so many people using them and not giving the appropriate credit. Which should be placed next to where you are using them. i.e your signature

Well the artist can include the link if they want I think in this case you should keep your opinion to yourself..

Well the artist can include the link if they want I think in this case you should keep your opinion to yourself..

You legitimately may not realize this, but you are debating with someone who hasn't posted since 2013.

Back