• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cherrypie's Art Gallery :)

Cherrypie

Yum Yum :3
Bells
Cake
Cake
Hi guys, it's Cherrypie! :)

I figured I might post some pics I made recently using my arch enemy: PAINT. :mad: I hate painting on the computer, because well, I completely fail at it. :blush: Anyway, I want to improve my art work and I hate how unprofessional hand drawn pics look, so until I get photoshop, I have to resort to using PAINT. Anyway, since I am a beginner it would really mean a lot if you could comment and give me some advice. Ok, here it is:

Edit: Now I am doing sketches on a piece of paper, taking a photo of it, editing it and then putting on a background from photoshop. To see them, go to the Photoshopped Sketches spoiler. :)

RichmondAvatar.jpg
Rover.png
ai.png
drshrunk.png
GirlButterfly.jpg

Reika.jpg

AngryReika.jpg
Mikitough-1.jpg

Randomgirl.jpg
Caught.jpg

I'll post more once I have done them and oh yeah, please give me suggestions on what I could paint. :)

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

Attachments

• Rover.jpg
    Rover.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 144
  • ai.jpg
    ai.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Rover.jpg
    Rover.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 135
  • drshrunk.jpg
    drshrunk.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I really like the Rover picture! :D I can't give you advice though because I am terrible at drawing on computer and on paper.

I really like the Rover picture! :D I can't give you advice though because I am terrible at drawing on computer and on paper.

Thanks! :) At the moment I am doing Dr Shrunk and it's not going too well. ;__; Oh well. Can anyone give me some suggestions what to paint after Shrunk?

Edit: I just got back from being in the spa and decided to finnish off Dr Shrunk. I'll post him in a sec. :) A couple minutes later I posted it! I guess it's ok... Do any of you like any of my paintings so far and if so, can you suggest what I should paint next?

Last edited:
I really like them, i think your doing really well. :D
Do you use a tablet?

Also maybe you could try Serena? :)

I love the Rover one (obviously) but all of the other I think are great. Good job!

I like all of them but I think Rover is the best (even though the eyes creep me out). I'm a beginner on computer painting as well. But I'm really impressed with your work and I believe you should so more.

Thanks guys! :) I just downloaded photoshop, so now this can be all a bit easier for me now! I tried editing my Ai one. Which one do you like better? Original or Photoshopped?
aiphotoshop.png
ai.png

Anyway, now I am going to add a body to one of my Ai pictures after I finish KK Slider. Then I'll start using Photoshop and make another pic. Then I'll add a body to one of the faces. Make another painting... Add a body. You get the idea. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to paint?

Btw, thanks guys for commenting! I really appreciate it! :)

I personally think that the photoshopped one is better.

Wow, you're pretty good using paint, lol! Do you use the mouse or a tablet?
I don't know what you mean by "I hate how unprofessional hand drawn pics look", don't you need to use your hand to draw these to begin with? Do you mean, like on paper with pen/pencil/etc? If that's the case, I still don't know what you mean because I personally feel those are the best! All the sketch lines give it character.

Wow, you're pretty good using paint, lol! Do you use the mouse or a tablet?
I don't know what you mean by "I hate how unprofessional hand drawn pics look", don't you need to use your hand to draw these to begin with? Do you mean, like on paper with pen/pencil/etc? If that's the case, I still don't know what you mean because I personally feel those are the best! All the sketch lines give it character.

Thanks! I use a mouse. :) The reason why I think pencil drawn drawings don't look as professional is because it does not have the solid, clean looking colours that computers give you. Don't get me wrong, I love drawing with a pen and pencil MUCH better, it's just that I like the sharp, clean look computers can give you. What I want to do is scan a couple of hand drawn pics and then colour it with photoshop. That way it looks nicer, more professional and is easier then trying to work with the restrictions Paint gives you. :)

Btw, I just came back from school and I'll finish off and upload my KK Slider pic after I do a bit of my assignment. So expect that later tonight! :D Then I'll start making a body for my Ai picture! Can anyone give me ideas of what to draw? Btw, I want to draw shop owners, secretaries, special characters etc before I do many neighbours. Such as Tom Nook, Lisa, Shizue and Pascal.

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm! I really appreciate the support! :) I have been making 3D model outfits and I wonder if I should post that as well as long with a couple of paintings, my sculpted apple, my 3D paper mache dog plate, some drawings and some teddy bears I have sewn. What do you guys say?

Edit: I uploaded my KK Slider one and I am not that happy. :( I did it sorta in a rush so I will fix that up soon. :)

Edit: I updated it. Still, I like the others more... Does anyone like it? It was better than the other one as I kept my original shading and yeah. It's still not that good. :( Oh well. Next mission: a completed version of Ai with body and all! o3o

Last edited:
they look really good for paint, but photoshop isn't the best program for drawing unless its vectors for designs. You could use it, but it takes a while to learn great tricks and and you will most likely need a tablet for best results. Sometimes your best tools are your pencil and paper though :)

they look really good for paint, but photoshop isn't the best program for drawing unless its vectors for designs. You could use it, but it takes a while to learn great tricks and and you will most likely need a tablet for best results. Sometimes your best tools are your pencil and paper though :)

Hey Toshiwoshi! Thanks for the advice! What I do with Photoshop is draw with a pencil and paper, scan it on my computer and then colour it in with Photoshop. :)

I have been working on this 'project' where I am making this end of year scrapbook for each of my friends. There would be photos, rhymes, letters and DRAWINGS. I started doing one of my close friends called Micky. Here it is so far (btw, I used pencil and paper for this and then edited it with photoshop - Did you notice I did the clothes that Ai wears at the start of the movie except different colours?):

Micky.jpg

/Sorry guys. Deleted this comment, because I was complaining about me too much! XD/

Last edited:
Cherrypie saying negative things to yourself won't help you at all. In learnt that the hard way. Just keep drawing and you will improve.

Not true. Years back I used photoshop exclusively with a laptop touchpad. The pen tool is very user friendly when it comes to mice, it just takes a bit more patience.

Cherrypie saying negative things to yourself won't help you at all. In learnt that the hard way. Just keep drawing and you will improve.

Sorry, I got a bit pessimistic there. I found some great artist tutorials from Mark Crilley and now I am a bit happier. :)

Here are some pics I drawn with pencil and paper today. I hope you like it! (The last one is my fave):

IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg

Using Photoshop I made my new avatar using one of the girls of the last pic:

I just did the other girl in the pic as well. Here it is. I called her Butterfly:

GirlButterfly.jpg

Last edited:
Back