• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yeah, I'm buying not another article of clothing

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Well unless the clothes is part of a set I'm looking for, that is. And I'm so done with socks. Raven doesn't even wear socks. I just spent the last 3 hours organizing my clothes. And I just now got to the shoes and Raven just has too many clothes. I mean, she's a girl after all but this is a bit much. I don't even remember buying most of this stuff. And here I am, organizing it by sets, like the jester clothes together or the explorer items together and I have too much time on my hands.

Someone save me! This is too much work!!!!

Last edited:
i had one outfit consisting of a colourful mishmash so i can't particularly relate

just sell the clothes you never wear?

I sold a lot of clothes but still had a lot left. That there shows you that I had too many lol. And then Julien gave me a shirt after I was done cleaning out my storage. -_-

luna has 2 pairs of shoes and socks and three hats and 3 QR dresses. just sell everything that’s reorderable :)

I know how you feel! lmao I'm a total hoarder in this game, and keep clothes I know I won't even wear but I can't bring myself to sell them because what if I DO want to wear them one day?? But I don't organize anything because I have too much stuff and not enough time pff

pls send help im drowning in my horribly full storage

After passing Gracie's last check, since I wouldn't need the clothes anymore, I did the same! Except I got lazy and there's still tons laying on my museum... ;v;
I tried to sell them little by little, but it's so much work... >.<

Honestly there are so few in-game clothes I actually like so I often use QR codes or one of the few things I like. Clothing is probably the least rare type of item in the game (in my opinion, since there aren't really any DLC outfits and fortune cookie items are still easy to get) so I don't bother keeping anything.

The only dresses I like are the overall dress and those polka-dot party dresses. For hats, either the straw boater or the small crown. I usually wear black or white tights and shearling boots. Sometimes I wear the basketball shoes or the purple jester shoes but it's almost always the boots. I'm not a fan of the t-shirts, shorts, or skirts, so I stick to dresses 99% of the time. I rarely bother with the clothes at all. I just sell anything villagers give me because I know I won't want it.

everytime i start a new AC game (first game cube, then ww, now nl,) i always have this...weird urge to collect every single piece of clothing, until NL, now i just buy to catalog.

Theres so few pieces of clothing i actually like? Same with the shoes. I wish there were a bigger variety of colors for shoes n socks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

if youre having trouble throwing them out how about just. throwing everything out and then rebuying the ones that you'd REALLY like from catalog? would work if youre tight on bells.

Oh, I can relate. My very first mayor had 20 outfits, all organized in the closet by outfit, complete with socks, shoes and hats/accessory. He is now down to four mannequins, one extra outfit in the closet and his jammies. All those clothes got to be too much so I picked out only my very favorites in the style I wanted for him! Whew, much better (though a little boring).

Yeah, I mostly buy clothes I want use for refurbishing or to pass Gracie checks. Once those are done, I usually sell the clothes. I did buy a few clothes, though, like the sailer outfit for decoration. I have it hanging on the wall to indicate that my character is a school girl.

I used to have lots of clothing, but now my people just wear the same thing pretty much every day. I wait until it's double price on clothes or shoes, etc and then I sell everything to Reese. The only stuff I hold onto are some of the Gracie dresses, pants, shoes and the Sanrio clothing items because I pretty much love all of them. Do yourself a favor, find or two favorite looks and then stop hoarding the rest, lol.

Back