• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I sell my town and make a new one?

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I never play on it anymore because my town is finished and I?m kind of bored of it now. I want to start again so bad but the thought of my town being gone forever is so upsetting! What do you guys think I should do? I can?t afford to buy another copy of the game :(
If I do decide to delete my town, will I be able to visit it?s dream address?

I've deleted a town and proceeded to visit the dream town. I think it may disappear after a while though. Just take all the screenshots possible if you want to remember what it looked like :)
I'm restarting my town either in the next few weeks or during the new year. I'm waiting for my list of amiibos(the Villager amiibo...screw it. Too expensive like holy cow) and for my current town to unlock the secret of selling a town for 999,999,999 bells

Last edited:
Yeah, after a while the dream address will be gone... you'll still be able to visit it for a bit though, but as it takes a while to unlock the dream suite there's a risk you might not be able to catch it before it's gone... :(
But if I were you, I'd do it. You can start with a new theme and that'll probably make it fun again. :)

I've seen a thread and a few comments about people sort of "leveling" their town. Like take out the paths, tear down all the pwps, chop down all the trees, move in new villagers, redesign the town from within and have a fresh start that way. Unless it's the collecting of items and building up the stores on main street you miss doing.

Also, can you ask for a new copy for your birthday or a holiday or something?

i think if you are asking the question here you probably want to do it. the other option is to flip a coin and then get one thing and see if that's the one you really wanted or else go with the other one :) that helps me because sometimes it's like oh yeah 50-50 and then it's tails and i'm like hmm..... i wanted heads, so then i do heads

Thank you for the help, guys! Hearing you guys say that you restarted and didn't regret it convinced me to and I'm so happy I did it. I've fallen in love with New Leaf all over again. And knowing my dream address will still be around for a while is nice, too. Thanks everyone! :D

Back