• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you go by any other names other than your birth/chosen names?

mitfy

court jester
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
Also - if you could rename yourself, what names might you choose?

Concerning the question in the title - is there a name that you've gone by (whether it be currently or in the past) that's different or unrelated to any of your birth names (or names you've chosen for yourself, if you've changed your name before).

My name's Cameron, but when it comes to irl people I know, no one really calls me anything but that or Cam.
However, on an old forum I used to be on when I was younger, I was apart of the LOTR club and we gave ourselves Hobbit/Elf names (depending on which we preferred), and my Hobbit name was Rosa (well, it was actually much longer than that, but that's the shortened version :rolleyes: ) I had a few friends that would call me by that name, and though I don't talk to them anymore, I'm sure they still would lol.

If I could give myself a new name or any other nickname, it'd be Rosa or Azalea. Both are names I've used to identify myself with at some point in time in different forms (and I've used both on Mystic Messenger too lmao).

I have a friend who calls me brulee. As in, creme brulee. Lol. And one of the teachers gives his students dumb nicknames and he named me after a classical music radio station lmao (his reasoning was “you’re quiet, classical music is relaxing, quiet = relaxing”) lolol

But no, if we’re talking real names, I don’t exactly have a nickname for my name (the only shortening for halle would be hal which is a guy’s name) and i don’t really mind. I kind of wish I had some kind of uncommon name, though... a few that I like are Aspen, Avalon, Juniper, and Tempest.

But no, if we’re talking real names, I don’t exactly have a nickname for my name (the only shortening for halle would be hal which is a guy’s name) and i don’t really mind. I kind of wish I had some kind of uncommon name, though... a few that I like are Aspen, Avalon, Juniper, and Tempest.

I wasn't thinking about nicknames stemming off your full name, just names that are completely different gotten elsewhere, like your brulee and music example, aha (both of which are cute lol)

I love those names! Especially Juniper, I've always liked that name. I like plant themed names in general, as you can see how both of my names were based off flowers.

I don't go by anything other than my birth name, even though I hate it. If I could change it, I'd probably change it to Collin.

No, but I've recently started seriously considering changing my first name. I've never really felt like it "fits" me.

Being Hayden is OK, I guess, besides the fact its a girl AND boy name.

I have like one nickname that's based off my real name but only my brother really likes to use it cause he wants to mess with me >:-(((( Another one is my screen name which isn't used that much either only jokingly cause my friends think it's cute (pronounced hee-yoon)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Too lazy to edit, but I wanted to be named something like Serena or Serene or Selena or something like that cause I wanted to be Sailor Moon LOL (I watched the eng dub growing up)

My little brother calls me Ra-Ra because he used to have a hard time pronouncing Sierra properly. My boyfriend calls me by several different things that I'll happily answer to. Some online friends from another forum sometimes call me Nic/Nico. Other than that, everyone I know just calls me by my first name.

I sometimes go by MC, but only to friends who knew me when I was little.

My nickname is actually Chick, but my close family call me Chica. Oh, and please do not relate me to fnaf
It?s because my real name sounds close to the word Chick, plus, I have a huge obsession with them. C:

Last edited:
People used to call me by my last name in my old school. Now people call me by my given name, which I'm cool with.

No, but I've always wanted to!! As much as I love my name, sometimes I think it'd be fun to have other secondary names.

I was dumb one summer and my friend and I decided to change our names that summer and speak to each other only in French lol (exams got to us maybe?). I went by Frances, random yeah, maybe I couldn't think of anything better for the whole french thing lmao. She's the only one that still calls me that, it's like an inside joke, but oddly it feels completely normal when she does. There's another name I sometimes go by: I don't have a Korean name even though I'm Korean, so my friends gave me "Okja" (ok this was way before that movie and Okja is a veryyy old school name which was why they called me that as a joke, they always said I had an old soul or something). My Korean friends from school still call me that. Again, it feels normal

Last edited:
My eldest sister calls me Alfie or Alf , my name is Ben.

My middle sister calls me Kid of Child

My mum calls me little man occasionally

Other nicknames include Butch, Bean, the Brit boy (I think that's what puffle called me)

Back when I was grade school - high school people call me by first name cuz it's darn unique and girly they said now they call me by second name

Back