• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

± BAD experiences :/ ±

CrumbyTheNarwhal

Bells
Switch
1012-4577-4526
I have had Animal Crossing New Leaf for 4 years now and I have had the forum for 2 years (on a previous account)
I love the community on here and Haven't had that many problems when I came to people visiting my town.
Apart from the few time wasters and people miscounting how much they owe me, There haven't been many times that I've had to shut my wifi off, Heck, it might have only even been once.
I remember I was selling several items on my old account, (I believe it was the rococo set) and almost instantly I had a response. The recipient suggested to come to my town and I agreed with this. It wasn't unusual, as people asked to do this all the time with no problem.
We were both free, I opened my gates, he entered my town, as usual.. but when he got there, he ran straight up to main street. I was confused, as we were doing a tbt transaction, not an IGB one. I waited but he didn't come back down, so after questioning him a couple times, I went to look for him. As soon as I got to main street he walked back down. between the loading screens, he'd already ran off and I couldn't find him. I was about to flick the wifi switch, when I found him trampling and collecting my hybrids, where I kept them, on the beach.
This guy was obviously in the wrong so I flicked the wifi switch. I was quite annoyed, but nothing MAJOR happened so I didn't think much of it, re-opened my thread and logged off of the forums. Later that day, I went back on to check my threads and received a wifi rating from the guy that had came to my town earlier.
I was so fed up at this point and even more so when I saw he had given me a bad wifi rating.
This was SO frustrating, but I was just glad I caught him in the act.
This is partly the reason I started a new account, but honestly I just wanted a fresh start.
I don't think that this is a reason to be afraid of posting on the forum, just be cautious.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?
This was a frustrating experience, but again, nothing really bad came of it.

Oh my.. No, luckily nothing like that has happend to me o: I rarely let people into my main town (It's mostly my second town.) so.. I also took a few months off the forum.. Still, I'm sorry you had to go through that.. Even if nothing bad came of it.

I'm sorry this happened. When I'm visiting people's town, I try to stay within their eyesight so they'll know I'm not trying to pull a fast one. I've never had anyone come in my town and do something like that but if someone came to my town then ran off without saying anything, I'd wouldn't even question them or attempt to follow them, I'd immediately end the session then write their names down (on a piece of paper not online) so I'll know not to trade with them again. I'm glad nothing bad came of this experience though.

I hope this doesn't prevent you from continuing to trade with people on here, though.

Last edited:
That's just awful :mad:

I similarly try to stay within range and stick to paths and never run. Only bad experiences I've had are on Club Tortimer with players running around or flicking the WiFi switch which is why I don't go there anymore as I can find any club exclusive items here.

Yep, it is awful when that sort of thing happens. I've also had a more sneaky visitor outside of TBT. They visited my town often to trade/talk and I noticed that some of my flowers were disappearing one by one.

I visited his town later to find my hybrids in his town. And I thought we were friends too so that was a bummer. Never got them back but nevermind.

Back