• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does Messy writing Bug you?

Yes it most certainly does. Especially, like you said, when a teacher's handwriting is atrocious.
But mine's quite messy, too...so I'm being a hypocrite.

I have neat handwriting, but I worked for primary, elementary, and middle schools for several years so messy handwriting doesn?t bother me so much. I don?t remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that handwriting is like the ?font? of someone?s voice and ever since I read that, I love other people?s handwriting as it?s unique to them!

as long as i can understand it. the thing that bugs me is words that look incorrectly.

Unless I can't read the writting, I couldn't care less how messy it is. Normally I don't notice people's handwriting, unless it's so neat it looks like it came from a typewriter then I admire it for a bit and wish my own handwriting were that neat *v*

My hand writing is also not the best and as long as you can read it, I don't mind it being messy.

Nope. As long as I can read it, who cares.

Not to mention, my writing is considered messy so I'd be a hypocrite.

Only if it's worse than mine. I write small and quick, but I try to keep it somewhat neat. I couldn't figure out how to write like the girls in my school, but I still wrote better than most of the boys. I guess it looked kinda like neat doctor scrawl...? I had to write fast because history class never gave us enough time to write down notes, and now my writing is stuck this way...

So yeah, I only get irritated if it's worse than mine. Particularly if it's worse than my brother's.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I can't read it, that is.

No, messy handwriting doesn't bother me at all, unless you know, it's so messy that I can't read it. I used to have horrible writing back in grade school and I knew I did because one of my history teachers I had one year told me to go back and write my essay or whatever it was I wrote and so I did. If I rush too much it's still kinda messy, but it's much more neat nowadays. :)

dOeS mEsSy WrItTiNg BuG yOu?

lol jk, not really, as long as I can read it clearly

I appreciate neat handwriting and consider it an art form, but messy handwriting doesn't really bother me. Most of the people I know have messy handwriting so it's just something I've always been exposed to. I think it's far more common to have messy handwriting than neat handwriting.

I don't care if other people's handwriting is messy, but I am meticulous with my own handwriting.

My own handwriting is terrible so I definitely don't have the right to judge or get annoyed. I am somewhat decent at decoding other people's bad handwriting since it can be a challenge to even read my own sometimes!

I mean, definitely if it's illegible and I'm trying to read it.

If my own handwriting is messy, it sort of bothers me. I try to make my words somewhat neat.

I do not care as long as it is readable. As for my own, I would like to think it is alright.

I think I'm okay, as long as I can understand it. It's a bit more irritating if its a teacher or doctor. What's more is if the pharmacist can read it. HOW!?

I don't care as long as it's easy to read. The vast majority of peoples writing I'm fine.

Most of the time, it's "proper" handwriting where they've put in all their effort that annoys me because there's a point where it starts to become illegible. No, just write the letters clearly, I don't care if they look posh or it's all joined up and fancy, I don't want to sit there for 10 minutes working out whether it's an F, a P or a picture of an owl.

And I Guess When People Write Like This With Every First Letter Capitalised As Though Every Word Is A Name Or Place. It's still easy to read but it just baffles me why people do it when the only outcome is that it took more effort to write.

Or this crap where I have to put my face closer to the screen because somebody wanted to look cute

~<3-And if you do this, just stop it.-<3~

Last edited:
my own handwriting is awful and it bothers me, but i don't really mind if someone else's is as long as i can read it

Back