• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot resetting (really) messed up

ToTok

Bells
Hello everyone,

I don't know how this happened, but here's the issue :

I plot reset two times this morning in order to get a better house placement.

After one successful reset, I now get the same new town layout after each reset, with the exact same digholes, same weeds, and moreover there is no more new villager plot ! :mad:

Is this normal ? Did I do something wrong ?

What I did :

- Never launched Mayor save today
- Started new save
- Went scooting
- Closed game without saving (I couldn't save as I did not finished town integration)
- Launched game
- Started new save...
- ...etc

I managed to get a new plot one time, but decided I had to reset again as its placement was not to my convenience. Now I don't have any arriving villager anymore and town is still the same...

I'm sure there is dark magic involved here. :(

Thanks for your help !

if it's a day where a villager could move in, but isn't invited to (e.g; not a campsite or other town move out / spotpass / streetpass villager moving in) the town directly, then you have a chance of just not getting one that day

Oh I see !

Is this somewhat related to the fact that weeds/holes in the town are not reset anymore after first reset ?

Thanks for your answer anyway :)

EDIT : Yup, still the very same newday town here, no matter how hard I reset. I should have kept the first plot, now there is no more incomers ><

Last edited:
As far as I know, the weeds/ore rocks don't change with the plot resetting method, only campers/plots will change. :)
Is this your 8th or 9th villager? These do not have a fixed date to come, so you'll have to plot reset everyday in case they decide to happen, but also risking they won't appear at all. At least after your 9th moves in this stops being an issue forever. :)

Also, if you're tired of resetting for this day: start a new save file as usual, if it doesn't have a plot (make 100% sure), use that character to make a house and save the game to "fix" your town in that state. Delete your new character's house. Then feel free to do whatever in your town with your mayor. This prevents any ugly plots when you start up with your mayor.

Tomorrow (or if you time travel, then you can do it today), do the same thing with new character files. The more days have passed since your last villager, the more probable it is that a new villager will plot.

Back