• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cussing/Curse words

My parents raised me not to curse.

Then I became a Marine.

My language is a lot more colorful now. I would try to stop if I had a different job. But I'm planning on staying in the military for a long time.

shrug.

It doesn't bother me unless someone is cussing in front of little kids (because they'll repeat it) or old people (who tend not to be okay with it).

I don't mind when people swear, but only if it's in the right situation. Swearing at work or in class? No. Bad idea. Swearing with friends or when joking around? Go right ahead.
I can sorta understand censoring it on a website that a child could use (children swearing disgusts me) -- like this website -- but not on websites that are too complicated for children to use and are aimed towards older people.

^As long as they don't punish people randomly because they don't know all the slang I guess.. shrugs. I mean they can't rely on everyone knowing all the definitions and if they use it in a non-intentional way, idk...

Kinda fun how elders hate it though.. I mean they if some people should be okay lol cause they've been exposed and stuff but I guess that varies.

Also i guess self-censor is better than using the whole word but idk

Last edited:
I don't mind if other people do it...I try not to do it myself though. Keyword: TRY!

i dont like being around people who curse a lot, they just seem like quite negative people.
it's okay if it's for a joke occasionally though. i don't curse much because i don't want people to get the wrong impression of me :/

They're just words as far as I'm concerned that somebody arbitrarily decided were 'naughty'...Especially when most of them have an alternative that mean exactly the same thing but for whatever reason isn't a 'curse word'.

As long as somebody isn't dropping one with every other word I don't care...But I feel the same about any word really.

Yeah... also I wouldn't saying using those cuss words alone makes you negative, unless you would do it literally 24/7... Sometimes you just use to put stronger emphasis on a feeling like "this was so ****ing awesome" or stuff...

I used to not curse much at all, I had this "she's a role model/president of the student council" type image growing up and whenever I slipped the s word outta my mouth, even friends would give me a look of disbelief lol! It was like that up until high school, but when I went onto college and met my bf all hell broke loose (not to mention my bf curses like a sailor whenever we're playing video games together which has a direct influence on me) and I started swearing more often in my everyday language. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, my language tends to fluctuate depending on who I'm talking to so I have a huge vocabulary. One of my good friends is all about trendy millennial talk and I literally had to go home and search up some of the phrases that she used LOL (like who the heck thought of 'take an L', 'I'm shook/tilted')

haha yeah people tend to think i'm like the sweetest person cause i don't talk a lot and don't trash talk (yeah i do, mom maybe not much with you though) but i hope they got used to my cussing lol..

I cuss constantly. Even in front of my family. It seems normal to me because many of my friends cuss as often as I do.

My mother always cursed, so I blame her slightly for becoming so vulgar.

But then I'd also have to blame all my idols, 'cause they do it too!

I do more when online and writing than irl, but not for any real reason
it's just personal preference lol
but I don't mind when people do curse, as most of my friends do

i swear a lot more in english than i swear in swedish lol. idk why i feel like there's a difference because objectively swedish curse words arent worse than english ones but i still react more strongly to swedish swearing.
i don't care a lot about swearing, as long as you don't overdo it or swear in a rude way (like., at people) it's no big deal.
i think the biggest difference between languages for me is using curse words as emphasizers, in most situations i think using swedish words like "j?klar" and "j?vlar" for emphasis is worse than using the Big Bad F Word.

I don't think it's a big deal at all. It's literally just another word except for some reason we decided it was bad lol. I swear alllll the time and so do my family and friends. I guess the only time I keep myself from swearing is if I'm at work, but other than that I just really don't care what I say

i'm fine with it, unless it's super excessive. sometimes i curse, but it's usually accidental and because i hurt myself, not to cuss off people?? i don't think i've ever used curses when i'm salty with someone :')

ofc, free speech and all that, but i think if you're cursing just to look cool (aka all middle school boys, amirite), stop.

they're just... words

i sometimes don't really get those people who curse like a sailor.
i myself don't usually curse often. i curse a lot more often in my head though.

i think cursing in moderation is fine. but if you'e gonna curse like a sailor when talking to me then bye.

Last edited:
Back