• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Stylized Posts

tifachu

。*・゜☆・ ゜✧・。 • ・
Bells
Switch
8395-2476-4795
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Love Ball
Zen Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg

tumblr_m64d8idSt91qbs47q.gif

So.. I was wondering, what are your people's thoughts on stylized posts?

Things like font colors, images decorating it.

I don't see them used often here, unless it's for a shop thread or something.

I absolutely love the garish and the tacky, and personally, I wish it were more common to use stylized posts, not just for starting a thread but for posting in others' also. While I can see how it can be a bit obnoxious, especially on a forum where no one uses them such as BTF, I see it all the time on GaiaOnline's forums, and I love it. It adds so much more personality! Rarely ever do I see anyone using them on here regularly; when I do, it's usually just a colored font.

tumblr_lqqce72n861qlxrbs.gif

tumblr_lmsqj8VXBV1qcfn0j.gif

Last edited:
Omg I hated making posts pretty on Gaia!

Most font colors hurt my eyes ;-;

Personally I mostly browse this forum on mobile, so copying/pasting a stylized font every time I want to reply to a thread would be pretty time consuming and irritating for me. They can look cute though, but they also can be difficult to read on mobile if the font is really small or a bright color.

I think they're cute I just can't be bothered to do unless it's for a shop or something

Bright colours and small fonts make it hard to read and I usually don't even bother reading the post if that's the case. Plus I'm more interested in the discussion than the presentation of it
Formatting for shops is nice though if it's legible

man i rlly want to start using a cutesy simple post format just
for literally everything i post because but i never see anyone do it...

It's much easier to read posts that are in a standard font, size, and color. I don't really bother reading posts if they're too small or a weird color.

so would this be considered more normal/easier? I feel like
it looks just a bit uglier, but legibility does matter

It's much easier to read posts that are in a standard font, size, and color. I don't really bother reading posts if they're too small or a weird color.

Pretty much, I usually type the default way. I once messed around with colours and fonts in that screaming thread in Basement back in the days but that's it. As for art freebies, selling threads I sometimes enlarge, bold etc. to make it look easier to find stuff but yeah can't bother having an annoying pastel cutesy thread to read through.

They're usually more difficult to read or stand out more than others for no reason, so I just ignore them if they're not the first post in a thread.

It's cute... But there are setbacks.
1. The text is small
2. The font is okay, just a bit darker.

I'm actually not a fan of itty bitty colored fonts or glittery images at all and will actually skip posts like this, unless they're reported of course. -_-

I don't have the best eyesight so it's really a strain on me to read them. I actually have a browser add-on that converts any substandard text back to the default, though I rarely use it.

I think stylized posts are pretty extra LOL. Changing the color/size or adding images and all that every single time. But nothing wrong with being extra aha c': I think it's pretty good for shops and whatnot cause it catches your attention. The smaller fonts are also definitely cuter. But just for regular posts it's a little too much to do all that :x

Back in 2005-2007, I only wrote online in indigo text. That must have spread 50,000+ posts across the forums I used (as I know on one forum I broke 22k alone and and on another 18k). I remember getting a lot of messages going, "Hey, why do you only write in indigo?" I liked making my posts stand out and I really loved the colour.

Nowadays, I guess I think it's silly. But I don't criticise unless I see size 1 pastel font. Even with glasses or contacts I can barely read that. I often need to enlarge websites as it is to view them. I feel that legibility is far more important than aesthetics. In real life and online I've done design work knowing that people who are legally blind (I've a friend who will never let me forget that time I designed the back of a book cover mock-up with text she couldn't read) will view it, so that may be why I feel quite strongly about clean posts.

Unless they're shop posts, I absolutely hate it. Small pink/brightly colored 1pt fonts in general though? I definitely skip those posts usually. Even if they are used in shops. You should care more about readability and if your post is coherent than being "waaaaaaaa my post is so kawaii desu LOOK AT THIS TINY BRIGHT FONT X3"

Last edited:

Lol. I use a style like this in my art dump thread, just bc it's my thread
& I need a way to make any posts/updates/responses stand out.
I feel it's readable and still "awaaa kawaii desu"

Also is that the indigo that you used to use? I find it legible, not too different from the standard #000
tumblr_inline_niynf50Owx1ry72eo.png

tumblr_inline_n8vauzI9UO1qbs47q.gif

Back