• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Super Mario 64 Level?

Favorite SM64 Level?

• Bob-omb Battlefield

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Whomp's Fortress

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Jolly Roger Bay

• Cool, Cool Mountain

• Big Boo's Haunt

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Hazy Maze Cave

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Lethal Lava Land

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Shifting Sand Land

• Dire, Dire Docks

• Snowman's Land

• Wet Dry World

• Tall, Tall Mountain

• Tiny Huge Island

• Tick Tock Clock

• Rainbow Ride

• One of the Bowser levels

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
I'm only including the main levels of the game, not areas like Tower of the Wing Cap and the Secret Aquarium. Not that they're not as good as the main levels, that's just a lot of options to put on one poll lol :rolleyes:

Personally, my favorite levels in SM64 are Whomp's Fortress and Shifting Sand Land. WF because it was brought back in SMG2 and that game made the experience even better (plus the boss in that level has been one of my favs for many a year), and SSL because the Spindel is totally underrated. And because SSL has that glitch where you can hold your hat and punch stuff with it. :lemon:

What's your favorite level in SM64?

They are all bootiful. D:
I like them all, they make me rather nostalgic, especially Whomp's Fortress and Bom-Omb Battlefield. :)
However, I'd argue about my vote placed on Dire Dire Docks. It was awful for me tbh. But it's somewhat passable.

Last edited:
I would go with Tick-Tock Clock for being a lot like the FLUDD-less stages in Super Mario Sunshine. Plus, the music was good.

I also voted Shifting Sand Land and Whomp's Fortress.

Rainbow Ride I'm a masochist Prolly a tie between Tick Tock Clock and Whomp's Fortress.

Tick Tock Clock's entire layout and how it works is really fun and interesting to me, the "time" that you enter the level actually changes it by making it SOOOOO much easier or difficult depending on if you freeze or speed everything up. Plus it's a good Mariokart track as well.

Whomp's Fortress is just fun, trying to climb this huge fort is a neat concept, and there's different paths that you can take depending on how you play. The remake of it in Galaxy 2 was also solid.

Ugh, I can't choose just one.

Bomb-omb Field, Whomp's Fortress, Hazy Maze Cave, Tall, Tall Mountain, Tiny Huge Island, and Tick Tock Clock.

@OP you really are a fan, huh? :p

I LOVE this game but I haven't played it in soooooo long but Big Boo's Haunt is my absolute favorite! The army of boos... the flying furniture... the man eating piano... the carnival... and exclusively to the DS remake: KANG BOO! >=D

Last edited:
I like Wet Dry World and Hazy Maze Cave. Wet Dry World is cool because it is fun to change the water level and see all of the different things in the course. I like Hazy Maze Cave because it was one of the harder levels for me but it still looked really cool and had great music.

@OP you really are a fan, huh? :p

I LOVE this game but I haven't played it in soooooo long but Big Boo's Haunt is my absolute favorite! The army of boos... the flying furniture... the man eating piano... the carnival... and exclusively to the DS remake: KANG BOO! >=D

Big books haunt is pretty cool in that it is the only level in the game that does not share music with another level. :rolleyes:

You should play it again! SM64 is like an awesome game in general lol

Big books haunt is pretty cool in that it is the only level in the game that does not share music with another level. :rolleyes:

You should play it again! SM64 is like an awesome game in general lol

Books.

I like SSL

Jolly Roger Bay and Big Boo's Haunt. 80% of my love for Jolly Roger Bay is the music, but I really didn't mind the missions in it, as far as water levels go it was not bad. Big Boo's Haunt is just really fun, and I have a lot of memories from it like feeling relieved after going through the piano room without waking up the hellish nightmare piano.

Jolly Roger Bay and Big Boo's Haunt. 80% of my love for Jolly Roger Bay is the music, but I really didn't mind the missions in it, as far as water levels go it was not bad. Big Boo's Haunt is just really fun, and I have a lot of memories from it like feeling relieved after going through the piano room without waking up the hellish nightmare piano.

I agree that the water world music in SM64 is truly a masterpiece of video game music.

Also that piano is my bff lol :rolleyes:

Despite playing the game a few times over the years, I've never actually gone through and played the entire game from start to finish. As such I'm not familiar with all of the levels. That said I'm a fan of Big Boo Haunt, but I also really like Cool, Cool Mountain. Cool, Cool Mountain and Bob-omb Battlefield are the ones I've seen the most and have the most nostalgia for.

Cool Cool Mountain will always be my favorite stage in the game. They're all great, but this one in particular is really cool.
49nc1nP.gif

My #1 is the Hazy Maze Cave. I love the cute monster at the bottom. Close seconds are Tall, Tall Mountain and Cool, Cool Mountain. I just have a thing for caves and mountains I guess! In all seriousness though I loved the monkeys and the penguins, and I loved on Cool Cool Mountain that you could dive into the snow and get stuck xD

favorites and reasons
hazy maze cave (scuttlebugs)
cool cool mountain (the penguin race is fun and i liked the baby penguin mission a lot)
tick tock clock has also been a favorite of mine with it's level design and the mysterious up-warp glitch that still hasn't been replicated even today

Back