• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tips for finding a gar & giant snakehead?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
They're apparently found in ponds and the wide part of the river.. Does that mean by the waterfall? Or just the fat part of the river in the middle? I've been trying to find both of these but I'm not even sure if I'm looking in the right places..

They're found in the fat part of the river but the gar is only there from 4PM to 9AM and the giant snakehead is there from 9AM to 4PM. Their shadows are very big (especially the gar's) but they're pretty uncommon, so I suggest you enter buildings every time you see there's no shadow that could be theirs, or save and continue so that the fish respawn.
Also, have a lot of patience, lol. I've only managed to catch one gar and like two or three giant snakeheads.

I found a gar in the fat round part of the river and had to save like 100 times to finally get one. The other one idk, I happened to find a few without even looking for them.

Ya, it does. It's annoying as heck, but still better than entering/leaving buildings.

Oh my gosh it WORKED! Just had to do it 3 times ^_^ I guess I must be lucky. Thank you sooo much! Originally I just kept going up and down the river, scaring the fish to make them respawn. This was a much better way :) I guess I'll do the same later today for the gar! Thanks again guys! <3

Back