• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rivalry?

Dim

Stay bright little fireflies
Bells
Switch
8579-5303-4501
Island
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
How do you feel about rivalry? Like two people who compete with one another, in anything. Do you have a rival or someone you compete with?

A good natured rivalry is fine! It actually helps people improve themselves in certain aspects of their life, depending on what the rivalry is about :) But if it's a toxic rivalry and brings about more negativity than anything else, it isn't good. So it goes both ways really. As for me, I don't have a rival.

I don't cause I'm not a competitive person and in the cases I have seen, rivalry does nothing but hurt people. I know it can be done right and in good fun but more often than not in the cases I have seen, someone gets butthurt.

Unfortunately I had a couple "rivals" while I was in university. I was close friends with both but they tended to show their envy when I was successful. I found it quite bothersome at times.

For me, I am competitive but it's never like, "Oh I'm gonna beat them down!" more of, "I want to be up there with them and be equals!" Or "I want to gain their respect."

when i was in primary school, my year group was separated into two classes. in my class, people used to consider me the 'smartest' and the same applied to another girl in the other class. each class had a slight rivalry and it was like we were the mascots for it. it was quite funny looking back, and it wasn't really spiteful or anything.
now i try to do as best as i can and better than other people in general, but if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. i guess that competition would keep me on my feet more today but it's a different environment and i'm older, so a 'rivalry' of sorts wouldn't be ideal.

I like rivalries. I have them at work but don't tell the other people I consider my rivals. I just read their numbers and try to do better.

Eh, I dunno. In real life it would probably be for the bad unless it's like, casual gaming things. As for competing for a goal, man let's just be friends most of the time, unless there is this thing I would really want but eh I don't really share my interests and things with too many people, so.

Not a fan of rivalry or even competition. I hate when people one-sidedly start competing with me like at the gym when someone starts on the machine next to you and makes it a point to go faster and occasionally they'll even look over at your stats. I couldn't care less about what other people do. I just focus on me and my progress.

Having a rival can be a good motivator so long as you both know where to draw the line I think.

I don't have any rivals irl. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing

Back