• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something I discovered about hybrids today

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
Hey folks. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Today I played New Leaf after a 4 day break. I noticed that most of my hybrids were darkened, but not completely gone, so I watered them and I assume they will spring back to normal tomorrow.

I've noticed if I TT my hybrids just disappear. I don't have beautiful town ordinance going either.

Has anyone else noticed this with hybrids? Is it a new feature for welcome amiibo?

It has been that way since hybrids were introduced in Wild World. If you don't play for a few days, the hybrid flowers will be the first to wither and die, unless you have the beautiful town ordinance of course.

;)

This is why I use the beautiful town initiative. I also recommend not to time travel too far. You can travel one day at a time, after watering the wilted flowers. If you travel ahead by a week, all your flowers will be gone.

Thanks for the responses! Does anyone know how long you can take a break from the game (as long as you don't TT) without losing hybrids?

I usually have my town on beautiful, so I can't say i've really noticed this before. Although, I also don't time travel ontop of that so that's probably why. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Thanks for the responses! Does anyone know how long you can take a break from the game (as long as you don't TT) without losing hybrids?

I wouldn't take too long of a break at all without the Beautiful Town Ordinance. I think you can go 2 days without them totally disappearing. I don't think it's ever been documented how long AC:NL flowers can go without getting watered because I've googled it with no helpful results, and I wouldn't want to find out the time length the hard way either.

Back