HELP! my 3DS is having cartridge problems! what do I do??

RedRum2514

Stonks
Bells
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
New Horizons Token
Yellow Candy
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
So, since I got my 3DS sometimes it wouldn't read cartridges and I'd have to blow on the slot and the game, then it would work. but today it got increasingly worse when I accidentally forgot to close a game before swapping it out (I've only done this once!).

I thought nothing of it till I popped in my story of seasons game and it wasn't reading, no problem just blow on the game, wasn't working till I had to jiggle it a little. then when I entered the game I got the VERY SAME error message you get when you take out a game without closing it! I had to restart my system but this is very troubling as I don't want this happening whilst playing a game and maybe even result in corrupting my data!

I have 2 months left on my warranty and would rather have it replaced then repaired as its just a hassle, but what about my play coins, Eshop data and my streetpass/plaza data?? if I got a new system how would I carry over my data?? Since I'd not have my system in hand and would have to swap then and there so can't do a system transfer. I just don't know what to do! I've read of these problems, New 3DS XL's have (system I have) such as dust under the screen, dead pixels, wonky systems, faulty game slots, different screens etc. if I do end up getting a replacement are these things I should watch out for and how trouble some are they??

Have you tried cleaning the cartridge slot with a q-tip? Maybe if you use a little bit of alcohol it might clean it.

You could buy the new 3DS and then there is something in system settings called system transfer which transfers all your3DS data from one DS to another. It helped me a lot!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a New 3DS and I've never experienced any of these problems, but if you're too worried to get a new one there are plenty of others you could buy if you wanted.

Back