• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

~Green thumb club

SkyeHigh420

Vulpix status
Bells
Switch
0952-6671-5120
The grass is always greener on the other side
:cool: Post on this thread your gardening tips (ACNL)
- Flower hybrid tips (breeding)
-garden setup for your town
-dailies and upkeep on flowers
- personal stories of in game gardening

~:D Do you have any unusual gardening habits/methods that make you a unique animal crossing player ?
-struggles obtaining fruit for your town? tell us more
-how long it took you to finally grow your 1st golden rose?(if you have)
You're in the right place!
:)Tell us about your personal experiences and methods :)

I'll post not sure if this is what your looking for though lol.

Hybrid tips- if you don't have the town on beautiful ordinance put pairs of hybrids in the museum in case something happens and kills your ones in town.

Garden set up- I actually don't really breed on the beach. I used to but I usually water all my flowers everyday so it's easier if it's on a path for me. I breed flowers along the path because then I can still have paths controlling move in villagers.

Personal story- I had a harder time breeding purple pansies than blue roses by far. It was ridiculous how long it took. I ended up having 12 trips of hybrid red pansies to sell to Reese by the end -_-

Once I was breeding gold roses and blue roses exclusively and I was going to time travel so I sold them all and made around 350k bells it was crazy.

One Harvest Festival I needed bannanas for a dish. I spent longer trying to get bannanas than getting any other ingredients :/

Unique habits- Not really? Other than I mainly only breed along my paths. I pair white cosmos with red roses. I haven't seen anyone mention it as a combo. I like gold roses with purple pansies and jacobs latters too.

Struggels getting fruit- I play solo because I don't have wifi at home. It took me months to get all the fruit. Leo gave me a peach and he became my best villager for a while it was the last fruit I needed.

I've never made the mistake of eating the perfect fruit at the start of the game. But I've played other animal crossing games so I guess I'm trained to plant new fruit.

Gold roses- Not very long? Maybe a month and a half.

Other- I like breeding with Jacobs latter's better than fertilizer. It works better and is cheaper. For me anyway lol.

Last edited:
the best way to get fruit if you don't wi-fi is through villager letters. send them a letter with a gift (a shell, piece of clothing etc) with two lines of text.

- Hybrid Tips-
If you have a Beautiful Town, you might not water your flowers, but it is a good idea to. I'm not saying to water every flower, I'm suggesting that you water the ones you want to breed. For some reason, watering flowers you want to have hybrids from increases your chances of getting that hybrid, or another flower of the same type.

- Garden Setup -
When growing hybrids, obviously keep them in an open space, and plant them on a diagonal, if that makes sense.
Ex. X – Flower O – Open Space

O O O O O O
O O X X O O
O X O O X O
O O O O O O

or

O O O O O O
O X O X O O
O O X O X O
O O O O O O

You probably already knew that >.< It's just, those are two layouts that have seemed to work best, for me anyway

- Dailies and Upkeep -
Again, water the flowers you want to have hybrids for. Ex. if you want black tulips, water a huge patch of red tulips.
(If you don't have a Beautiful Town,I'm not entirely sure what to do, but I'm guessing having large fields work? And if not then it's the opposite and I'm sorry!)

- Personal Stories -
I actually got ACNL because of the island, the fact that it was a new AC game and because of the flowers and stuff. When I unlocked the island, in past towns, I went on a ton of tours (mainly the Easy Bug Catching or Beginner Butterfly tours) and stuffed my pockets with flowers (and fruit sometimes). Ex. I'll go to the island and bring back only tulips for paths, or a ton of different flowers just to place everywhere. (Wow I love being irrelevant)

- Unusual Habit -
This isn't something that makes me unique but it's something I do. For some reason, I always get rid of cosmos. Maybe it's because of my past ACWW and ACCF towns, which only ever spawned cosmos (seriously.). I don't know. I also really love tulips more than the other flowers so that might be why?

This post got waaayyy too long, and I'm sorry! I hope it helped *someone* some how, and good luck! :D

Back