• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I gots a question for some of youse

OoMayorSummeroO

beautiful disaster
Bells
So I have a question some posts stating that people can "get *insert villagers name* into boxes by tomorrow"
how does someone "get their villager in boxes" without having a villager already moving in like through wisp.???

also are there restrictions on which villagers (ones moved in via amiibo card) can be moved out and such?

I believe, if they don't use Wisp, they time-travel until the villager pings to move. Then once that happens, they time travel to the move-out date. I'm not sure which ones but I'm pretty sure the Sanrio/Filly/Holden villagers cannot be adopted once they go into boxes, hopefully someone can confirm it for me. :)

Last edited:
I use the time travel way, search it up. It's not the most efficient way, but it gets the job done.

-- snip --
also are there restrictions on which villagers (ones moved in via amiibo card) can be moved out and such?

Villagers from Amiibo cards in Series 1- 4, and Series 5 "Welcome Amiibo", behave as normal villagers who can move into other people's towns.

Sanrio/compatible Amiibo figures CANNOT be adopted. They can only move in via direct NFC scanning of the card/figure.

Filly + Holden CANNOT move into *anyone's* town - without hacking - as they just visit in their RVs.

Like previous people have said time travel is the most used other way. There are more though.

It is easy now with cards for someone to scan in the character for you box one of theirs either give it away or void it do it again with a card then have them boxes for you in under ten minutes if that's what you mean it's the short way.

I'll say it because no one else has: Hacking. You can put any villager in boxes at any time by hacking.

This sounds weird but from ym experience, the more a villager likes you, the more likely they are to ask to leave lol

well like many of ya I have a list of some *Dreamie* villagers...and well I had posted in the "Villager Trading Plaza" asking for said Dreamies, and I have now received a PM from somone saying they have quite a few of the ones I had asked for!!! I wanna move some of them into my new town and some of them into my main...but...how do I make the villagers in my towns to go????

Do you care who leaves and who stays? You can just time travel a lot. A method I use to actually prevent movers if I haven't played in a while is I start up a new character instead of loading one of my existing characters and right when I get off the train I wander around and see if anyone is in boxes or missing, and if they are I time travel back to the date I last played (using my 3DS clock) and go find them. But you could do it the other way around if you don't want to really time travel. Set your clock forward a month, go in with a new character and see if anyone left then just set your clock back right and go harass them until they ping to leave.

Back