• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Glitches

Durk

Bells
Switch
7856-3308-5396
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
So as many of you probably knew, there were a lot of glitches in the original New Leaf. Unfortunately all, as far as I know, have been patched in the Welcome Amiibo update. I personally think this is a little sad. I understand why they removed game breaking glitches or the duplication glitch, but innocent glitches like being able to walk in the river should've stayed in the game. I really loved doing that and it really added an extra dimension to the town, especially when combined with hacks. This is one of the biggest cons of the update in my opinion.

Did any of you like to do this too or did you use other glitches to enhance your gameplay?

I miss that as well and walking on the train tracks, it made some nice photos. I liked visiting dream towns that had stuff like flowers and bamboo in the rivers and PWP's on the plaza or train station as well.

I used the net glitch a lot when I was really bored. It was interesting for the first time to go through the gate and onto the bridge and cliff. Being able to walk and fish in the sea or river was pretty neat, going on top of buildings was nice too.
There was a way to get stags very easily by performing the net glitch (it's on Youtube) however other than that it didn't do much for me, I just used it with friends which was fun. Nintendo shouldn't have patched it but a glitch's a glitch so I guess it was suitable to patch it, but it is a bummer.
I didn't bother using any other glitches, especially the duplicate one because it was risky.

Duping isn't patched. The timing is just different now.

Never been a fan of glitches. Sure they look cool the first time but eh, it doesn't do anything for me tbh.

it was cool to be able to go on the mountains on the other side of the train tracks especially during fireworks i really liked doing that with my friends. lol i could never do it when my friends came over and i would whine till they just pushed me over using the beans. good times ughhh this sucks why did you remind me

I really enjoyed those glitches! I found it really fun, especially with friends, to glitch onto buildings and stuff. My favorite was to use my net to get onto the red bridge, then glitch onto this black area. It was like being underneath the town in a way, because by hitting your net you could make splashes of water, it was really cool!

I had always wanted to try some of these cheats, and I'm honestly disappointed to learn that they have been taken out.

Only glitch I really tried was the King Tut mask/trip glitch where you trip into the river. That was really cool.

Only glitch I really tried was the King Tut mask/trip glitch where you trip into the river. That was really cool.
I used to do this a lot. Especially on days when I used to trip because of bad luck. I always glitched into the ocean to swim without a wetsuit.

I miss the glitches tbh, I used to go to the public islands and stand on top of the island shop and fish from there, and I'd stand on my friend's houses when I'd visit. I got really good at it, and I would do undermap as well to take some neat photos, plus it looked cool to see the footprints on the beach when you weren't there. They were pretty innocent so I really miss that they took them away cause it wasn't like I was getting anything extra, like I totally understand the duping glitch being taken out and the new features at the island I mean thank goodness for those things but the harmless glitches should have stayed.

Honestly the removal of glitches like these are what's keeping me from updating my main town right now.. I made a whole fly-fisherman outfit I loved putting on when I'd king tut mask/trip myself into my river to fish. It added a whole new layer of fun for me and I honestly don't know if I want to rid myself of that just yet. Also who doesn't love hiding in their waterfalls? :b

I remember glitching through the tracks and doing the thing where you go to the beach and catch like unlimited bugs because they immediately kept going into your net if you kept pressing A. Hahah good times!

Back