• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can you name every country in the world? Which ones have you been too?

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Here is a QUIZ, in this quiz you will name every country in the world!

I got....178/195 on hard mode, I had to get every little thing typed in. Really was hard, some countries weren't even there,(Andorra, San Marino, Bermuda etc) so the quiz is dumb. Sorry!

Adding on to this...What countries have you been too? Would you go again? Want did you love about the country and what did you hate?

I've never left my country to go on a holiday but if I did I'd go to any Scandinavian country, they are all equally gorgeous and full of interesting culture which I'd love to learn about and experience.
I'd love to go to Germany or Austria too, I'm very interested in German history so it would be great to feel how they represent it in those countries and maybe Bulgaria or Hawaii. c:

Last edited:
i'm not gonna embarrass myself by doing the quiz but i might when i have a little more time later, i did geography initially in uni so i shouldn't be TOO bad but i probably am.

i've been to england, wales, italy, spain, france, austria, germany, croatia, greece, belgium and the netherlands and i'm going to the czech republic in april! i'd like to actually go out of europe at some point though. every country i've been to has been so beautiful both in scenery and people but i have an extra soft spot for croatia, debrovnik is just breathtaking!

I've been to:

England
Spain
France
Italy
Switzerland
Lanzarote
Mallorca
Thailand
America
Japan

I'd like to go to Japan and America again ;;

Last edited:
been to Canada ('cause I live there), USA, India and England. Might be going to England again this year.

159/195 countries, I'm taking human geography right now and one of the requirements is to learn all of the countries. I'm getting there.

I've never been outside of USA before.

96/195 on easy mode
Your estimated Leaderboard position is 193rd for Countries around the World

Africa was a huge blob of green for me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Every time I got stuck I thought of the places white people always say they're from

Last edited:
145/195 - Played on hard. I did use this blank map of the world for a better visual reference. It's a pretty bad quiz, doesn't include places like San Marino or Andorra which are in fact fully sovereign countries. It also lumps England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland together as the United Kingdom. I got every country in North America, South America (except Suriname & Guyana), Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North/Saharan Africa, and all major/large island countries but struggled with South Africa (the geographic region, not the country :p) and forgot one of the Stans. That and the Pacific/small Caribbean islands are my main weaknesses.

I spent about two years traveling around the world in the form of backpacking, hitchhiking, and in the case of the United Kingdom & Ireland; riding a bicycle. Been all over NA, Europe, and Asia in particular. Too many countries to list off the top of my mind, but I had written about some of the places that really stuck out to me in a recent travel thread here on Brewster's. Here's the copypaste -
Japan: Same feelings as you, except the people drove me crazy after 2 1/2 months. The Japanese are incredibly reserved and awkward around foreigners and if you wanted to live there you will never be seen as one of them. This applies even to ethnic Japanese who were born and raised outside of Japan. Forever a second-class citizen. Extremely toxic work culture too. Cool place to visit, ****ty place to live. Very interesting how they have retained many of their traditions despite becoming ultra-modern.

Vietnam: Amazing people who look out for each other and even for strangers. Had nothing but good times here, especially renting a motorcycle and riding around the countryside & mountains. Extremely inexpensive if using the US dollar. Top priority for a revisit.

Poland: Not quite Western but not quite Eastern either. Has a very deep history and interesting culture that you won't find in the rest of Europe. Had their country torn to shreds multiple times but the people have lived on. Like the Japanese the people can be reserved but are more open to meeting and getting to know foreigners. I ended up living there for 4 months, being passed around the country by friends of friends who were keen to host an American dude. Learned the language and customs, feels like a home away from home.

Ireland: After riding a bicycle across the United Kingdom I took a ferry over and rode from Belfast, NIR to Dingle, IRL while mostly following the coast. People say it's perpetually raining but England was rainier; I actually got sunburned here! Some of the most idyllic scenery I've ever seen, you can go from rolling green pastures to dramatic coastlines in the span of a few miles. Incredible people, hilarious sense of humor, and Guinness! Top priority to revisit in Europe. I've always been drawn to the history of Ireland and was not disappointed. Would definitely do it on a bicycle again.

In the future I'd like to visit Cuba before the US influences it too drastically. Would also like to spend time traveling through Latin America and learning Spanish, similar to what I did in Poland. I'd probably do it on a bicycle this time though.
Gonna use this as an opportunity to plug some of my favorite YouTubers. :p Check out Geography Now and CGP Grey's 'How Many Countries Are There?' for some quality edutainment.

Last edited:
i got 144 out of 195 on easy mode. (i guess it just has autofill on easy mode for the typing??)

145/195 - Played on hard. I did use this blank map of the world for a better visual reference. It's a pretty bad quiz, doesn't include places like San Marino or Andorra which are in fact fully sovereign countries. It also lumps England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland together as the United Kingdom. I got every country in North America, South America (except Suriname & Guyana), Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North/Saharan Africa, and all major/large island countries but struggled with South Africa (the geographic region, not the country :p) and forgot one of the Stans. That and the Pacific/small Caribbean islands are my main weaknesses.

I spent about two years traveling around the world in the form of backpacking, hitchhiking, and in the case of the United Kingdom & Ireland; riding a bicycle. Been all over NA, Europe, and Asia in particular. Too many countries to list off the top of my mind, but I had written about some of the places that really stuck out to me in a recent travel thread here on Brewster's. Here's the copypaste -
Japan: Same feelings as you, except the people drove me crazy after 2 1/2 months. The Japanese are incredibly reserved and awkward around foreigners and if you wanted to live there you will never be seen as one of them. This applies even to ethnic Japanese who were born and raised outside of Japan. Forever a second-class citizen. Extremely toxic work culture too. Cool place to visit, ****ty place to live. Very interesting how they have retained many of their traditions despite becoming ultra-modern.

Vietnam: Amazing people who look out for each other and even for strangers. Had nothing but good times here, especially renting a motorcycle and riding around the countryside & mountains. Extremely inexpensive if using the US dollar. Top priority for a revisit.

Poland: Not quite Western but not quite Eastern either. Has a very deep history and interesting culture that you won't find in the rest of Europe. Had their country torn to shreds multiple times but the people have lived on. Like the Japanese the people can be reserved but are more open to meeting and getting to know foreigners. I ended up living there for 4 months, being passed around the country by friends of friends who were keen to host an American dude. Learned the language and customs, feels like a home away from home.

Ireland: After riding a bicycle across the United Kingdom I took a ferry over and rode from Belfast, NIR to Dingle, IRL while mostly following the coast. People say it's perpetually raining but England was rainier; I actually got sunburned here! Some of the most idyllic scenery I've ever seen, you can go from rolling green pastures to dramatic coastlines in the span of a few miles. Incredible people, hilarious sense of humor, and Guinness! Top priority to revisit in Europe. I've always been drawn to the history of Ireland and was not disappointed. Would definitely do it on a bicycle again.

In the future I'd like to visit Cuba before the US influences it too drastically. Would also like to spend time traveling through Latin America and learning Spanish, similar to what I did in Poland. I'd probably do it on a bicycle this time though.
Gonna use this as an opportunity to plug some of my favorite YouTubers. :p Check out Geography Now and CGP Grey's 'How Many Countries Are There?' for some quality edutainment.

I kept trying to type in Andorra and San Marino and nothing came up, the same with Antigua/Bermuda. =/

Thanks for helping me learn a new word (idyllic) and I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Ireland. ^^

Last edited:
I got 124/195 on easy.
Been to Canada, Mexico, and Costa Rica, and that's it.

Last edited:
I got 65/195, I had 10 minutes left but I gave up, I'm in IB History for GOD's SAKE I should know this stuff.
Nonetheless, I noticed Monaco was missing? I thought it was it's own teeny tiny country. I pretty much got all of Europe, I lost points especially for those tiny countries in South America, Asia and like all of Africa.
Oh and the only countries I've been to are the United States, Canada, Cuba and Dominican Republic.

Last edited:
Only geography lesson i'll ever need in life

Animaniacs, classic! Really shows its age with lines like Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Germany now in one piece, both Yemens, and highlighting the USSR when calling Russia. :p

Edit: Lol, Wales is apart of England apparently. Also why is Iceland so close to Europe?

Last edited:
I have only been to Canada and USA. ^^;

Dude, I'd fail that quiz so bad. aaaaah.

I'd probably fail on the naming thing, but I haven't been to any country. I wish it was United Kingdom.

84... I feel bad because I used to know nearly every country in the world, but a lot of the names have become kind of useless trivia which I have forgotten.

I used to know them all (because of geography classes) in French but I don't know how well I could in English.

104 on Easy. What is Pologne in English? (Poland....ok..)

Myanmar was not accepted, never managed to write Bangladesh, Uzbekistan and Lithuania right lol

Last edited:
Back