• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Comfort food

nostalgibra

slave to the vaporwave
Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
I'm sitting here enjoying some simple ramen noodles (in a cup...that is like 60 cents lmao) and I was thinking how much these crappy noodles help comfort me. I get very sad at night, and I usually go for something warm like these noodles, or some hot chocolate, to make me feel a little better. What do you all eat for comfort?

Mine's mostly coffee. I drink some when I'm stressed or overwhelmed and need to take a step back to get some perspective & in doing so I've come to associate the smell of coffee with structure and order.

That probably doesn't make sense.

"lollipops"

I'll end it there.

Mine's mostly coffee. I drink some when I'm stressed or overwhelmed and need to take a step back to get some perspective & in doing so I've come to associate the smell of coffee with structure and order.

That probably doesn't make sense.

Nah, that makes a lot of sense! Pretty sure that's an example of Pavlov conditioning. Kind of like how people like the back-to-school section at stores because they associate pens and other school/office supplies with productivity.

Chocolate is definitely my #1 comfort food. It's usually the generic for women anyways, but Hershey's for me makes me unstressed.

anything chocolate or smothered in cheese. also any kind of carb. carbs are love. carbs are life.

A nice, sweet coffee helps me unwind if I'm feeling a little uneasy, but for foods, it's got to be soups. Lentil, carrot and coriander, chicken; they're all really good especially when homemade and served with a couple slices of bread. Mashed potatoes are a great option too.

As for something sweet, just regular cookies and milk is extremely comforting. I'm not a huge fan of just chocolate on its own so I prefer something that only has traces of it, and cookies are probably my favourite.

chicken nuggets! The dinosaur shaped ones, with fries! Literally my favorite food of all no time, no matter how old I get

- - - Post Merge - - -

also as bad as it will make me sound.... beer, wine, and hard cider (I am of legal age), it just takes the edge off a really bad day ya know? try it once you are old enough lol

i think almost any food is comfort food for me,
but little things i like when when taking a break and relaxing, are s'mores poptarts and coffee in the morning,
Maria cookies with a nice cuppa Irish breakfast tea in the afternoon (or milder Prince of Wales blend, depending on how much caffeine i need),
and at night a smooth belgian lager with a well-crafted american ale.

i've always noticed, that for me anyway, things always seem a little less stressful after lunch...

I love donuts a lot. But idk I don't usually feel "comforted" when I eat them they mostly make me feel sad aka fat

Pecan pie, pizza, hamburgers, fried chicken, popcorn... I could go on, but I don't try to eat "comfort food" much because I don't want to get fat or anything, like I was prior to 2013.

Last edited:
lots& lots of bubblegum
not really a food but stops me from eating junk and it's comforting

Chocolate is without a doubt my best friend as well as comfort food, whether it would be a hot chocolate, a slice of chocolate cake or even just a regular bar of chocolate. :D

Tater tot hot dish with loads of cheese, mmmm.

Back