• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What ordinances do you have in place and why?

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I have noticed that since the update some people have changed their ordinances or discussion of them has come up more. Prior to it I think many people had beautiful in place or nightowl, these are really the only 2 I ever had as I like the late night main st activity but if I was gone for a bit I didn't want a ton of wilts so did beautiful or switched between for hybrids and to lose too many flowers. Which ones do you have since the change or even if you kept the same ones and why. If you have bell boom how do you like that? I know beautiful negates some initiatives so not sure if that prompted anyone to change it. Just curious what you prefer.

I have the beautiful ordinance because I'm too lazy to always be watering flowers and picking weeds.

I wanted Night Owl since I almost always check my town late but I went with Beautiful Ordinance because I have hybrid flowers and I don't feel like watering them everyday.

My main town has the beautiful ordinance. That town is also "complete" so I don't want to have to worry about maintaining it so much.
My second town has the night owl ordinance. I TT in my main town so it doesn't matter but my second town is my 1-year challenge town and I'm trying not to TT... the night owl ordinance really helps since I can only play late at night after work :'D I'm also making it horror themed so I don't care so much about weeds growing everywhere.

I'm breeding hybrids in my main town so I have the beautiful town ordinance for the sake of convenience. In my theme town I don't have any ordinance in effect, but I should probably have bell boom.

All of my towns have the Beautiful Town Ordinance in place. Since I time travel, I have no need for the Night Owl, I have enough bells and so on. But what I refuse to do is water every day, lol. All of my towns are hybrid intensive so I would have dead flowers everywhere and that would ruin the whole process :)

I'm still using Beautiful Town and I don't see any reason to change it. Watering flowers on a daily basis really isn't fun for me, it's a total drag and I'd rather just water the ones I'm breeding hybrids with, and that's already bordering on "ugh" for me. Night Owl sounds like it would be useful in theory, but there's nothing stopping a player from switching their clock back a few hours just to get some shopping done if necessary, so I don't see any use for it. Beautiful Town saves a lot of time and makes it much easier to maintain perfect town status so it's a win-win for a lazy player like myself.

I have the beautiful ordinance, very convenient. I need to change it to get the ants but I'm afraid I might lose flowers in the process. :(

Most of the time I have the Beautiful Town ordinance but currently have the Bell Boom one to let weeds grow faster in preparation for Weeding Day. Maybe it's a bit soon but eh. Don't want the time ordinances and Bell Boom is better than nothing bc you get two Re-Tail premiums listed per day and maybe slightly more Bells from selling a lot of bugs.

I have the beautiful ordinance, very convenient. I need to change it to get the ants but I'm afraid I might lose flowers in the process. :(

You can catch an ant with Beautiful Ordinance. I've had beautiful ordinance in 6 towns and caught the ant/ fly for all the players.

Never removing Beautiful because I have too many towns and too many flowers to water each day.

I'm another one who uses the Beautiful Town ordinance. I time travel regularly so it makes sense to use something that won't leave my town riddled with weeds or wilted flowers.

Beautiful town! I can't stand having to water my flowers everyday and pick tons of weeds. I usually don't play for a week and then come back so without the ordinance, I'd be screwed.

I use the beautiful ordinance. I have so many flowers in my town to the point that I don't think it's realistic to always water them myself.

i wanted to put the night owl one in place before but i don't play a lot and i want my flowers to stay alive so i have the beautiful town one in place now

i went with beautiful town just because all the flowers that i like are hybrids. i want all my flowers to be blue/purple/pink

I have Night Owl in the town I share with my best friend. We tend to play late at night, and since we have to share the cartridge, it's easier and less stressful to get that extra three hours.

My main town has the Make Town Beautiful ordinance, simply because I have far too many flowers to be watering them all the time. In some cases, like hybird breeding, I do still water them, but a lot of the setups of plain flowers... No. I'm too lazy.

To be honest, my shared town is split half and half between my friend and myself. He controls the territory above the river, I control the territory below. As such, we only have half a town of flowers each to focus on watering. If we had more than that? That town would probably have the Beautiful ordinance too. Keeping the flowers from wilting is such a pain. I just really wish that ordinance made grass grow back faster.

Beautiful Town ordinance, because it's nice to have flowers in enclosed spaces and such that will never die and to never see cockroaches in the house is nice too. Oh, also no garbage in the water.

Back