• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Dream Critic / Town Advisor !

Thank you for the background information of your town. I really like your idea and vision, very cool.
The light posts on the plaza look really cool.
I wish more of the tree stumps near the campsite were special.
The planks look great, I have never seen them before.
I really like how your town is developing, and all those cedars, gorgeous!

Do you mind visiting Tsunteru? I'd really appreciate it !
4E00- 0017-01DF

Thank you that would be SO helpful! I want to make my town look nicer than it currently does but I don't know where to start. I like the idea of a fairytale town but that is so overused lol, maybe a rustic looking town or a perhaps a mix of both!. My dream address is 7D00-002B-DFBC. Tysm in advance xx ♥

Last edited:
Mine is in my sig. Thank you!

Nice theme, the colors look very pretty. Maybe get rid of the leftover flowers that dont match like the purple violets I see around. There is a tumblr town that is all yellow, I can't remember its name but you can look it up for further inspiration.

Do you mind visiting Tsunteru? I'd really appreciate it !
4E00- 0017-01DF

Whenever I try to visit your dream town my game tell me I can't fall asleep. I'm not sure why this happens because all other towns work fine, I'm sorry. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you that would be SO helpful! I want to make my town look nicer than it currently does but I don't know where to start. I like the idea of a fairytale town but that is so overused lol, maybe a rustic looking town or a perhaps a mix of both!. My dream address is 7D00-002B-DFBC. Tysm in advance xx ♥

Very cute paths, perfect for a fairytale town. Maybe fully connect the paths to mayor buildings and bridges. You can align the paths with flowers and bushes. Picking what kind of colors you want to use will help pick the right flowers to use. The town is very underdeveloped, maybe add more trees while waiting for pwp or make patterns to place down in places where you want pwp/bushes/trees.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Visit Canaan please? Type "Emmaka" into the player name. :)

I've visited your town before, I really like your mayor's outfit. I like your town and its path work.

Hello! Could you give me a few tips on my dream town? It has a few empty spots, and the paths are not that developed. I'm working on placement too, so I'll need help on trees, bushes, and flowers. Hopefully you can help me on design and pattern too. It would be great if you could give me advice out of this topic too if you'd like.

DA: 4B00-0040-A47B

6B00-0041-449E

I've basically only been working on this town for 3 days. I got a new copy for myself for Christmas but I decided to do a lot now.
I think it's looking good, especially around the train station but there are lots of bits that are still unfinished and it looks dull.
It's a forest themed down and I'm thinking of adding symbolism of spirituality and purity. I've already (kind of) done that at the bottom of my town.
Do you think I should use paths? I'm thinking of using those single rocks & I found one for every season but I'm not sure if I should use them. They could make my town look less plain but I kind of want a town that has no QR paths.
Any advice on how to improve/go further with my town is much appreciated, too.
thanks!
might seem weird, but i'd also like you to review Milky's second floor if that's not too much.

Last edited:
Fruitcup! Thank you for making this thread. :blush: I'm visiting the dream towns here, too!
But I can't visit my town when I add it here! My dream address is in my profile.
Or, please check out this thread I made!

Thanks, Fruitcup! :) I will be updating my second town today. Gonna fix the beach.

Hello! Could you give me a few tips on my dream town? It has a few empty spots, and the paths are not that developed. I'm working on placement too, so I'll need help on trees, bushes, and flowers. Hopefully you can help me on design and pattern too. It would be great if you could give me advice out of this topic too if you'd like.

DA: 4B00-0040-A47B

I like your path, I haven't seen that one before.
An easy thing to do with flowers and bushes is align them with the paths.
The jungle gym, it's all alone, why not move it to one of the empty spots and make a developed park? It could be above retail.
You have paths surrounding some of your villager's houses, you should add that surround paths to all houses.
The top strip of land to the right, you can have that path lead up to a pwp or maybe have a couple of tree stumps and make it a sitting area to save pwp.
Symmetry is an easy way to go too, for example you can put another perfect orange tree to mirror the one in front of the cafe.
Your town is very promising, it's a nice map too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

6B00-0041-449E

I've basically only been working on this town for 3 days. I got a new copy for myself for Christmas but I decided to do a lot now.
I think it's looking good, especially around the train station but there are lots of bits that are still unfinished and it looks dull.
It's a forest themed down and I'm thinking of adding symbolism of spirituality and purity. I've already (kind of) done that at the bottom of my town.
Do you think I should use paths? I'm thinking of using those single rocks & I found one for every season but I'm not sure if I should use them. They could make my town look less plain but I kind of want a town that has no QR paths.
Any advice on how to improve/go further with my town is much appreciated, too.
thanks!
might seem weird, but i'd also like you to review Milky's second floor if that's not too much.

About the paths, that's a very personal choice. Personally, I find that with a few stepping stones it makes it easier to tell where one should go, which I really appreciate. But then again, that is not always necessary and sometimes the paths make sense without QRs. Try both and see what you think.
Some spaces seem pretty blank, maybe add more bushes or even mushrooms. Gyroids would look cool here and there too or maybe a fruit underneath its tree.
You could have a sign somewhere to show spirituality and purity.
Mushroom circles are a fun thing to use in this type of town too.

Omg, you got the glue set!! So cool, I had been dying to see it in game.
A fruit basket on the floor is kinda weird, you wouldn't really see that in a kitchen. It is a quiet kitchen, I'm not sure if that's what you are going for but adding music gives it more character. I like my room entrances to be fully unblocked. Maybe make a thread asking for kitchen rooms? I'm not that good with interior decoration tbh..

But, yeah, great start!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fruitcup! Thank you for making this thread. :blush: I'm visiting the dream towns here, too!
But I can't visit my town when I add it here! My dream address is in my profile.
Or, please check out this thread I made!

Thanks, Fruitcup! :) I will be updating my second town today. Gonna fix the beach.

Thank you for posting in the thread. :)
Feel free to leave your advice for the towns posted here too.

I visited Shamplin. Nice path work, I like the roads, very well organized, I like how it makes everything very accessible.
Maybe change the stumps to special stumps, the ones in front of the plaza.
Having palm trees right before the ramp is very clever, I haven't seen that done before.
Maybe put more gifts in the park, what I did with mine was put easter eggs on the floor since they look colorful and playful and that matches those pwps.
The area with the two houses looks very cool, I wanted to do something like that before but it didn't really work out. You really got the look down.
I don't understand the purpose of the two signs in front of the pond.
Nice town, it makes me like the snow more.

Thanks for the advice! Really helpful! :D Hopefully I can show you my new improved town soon! :lemon:

thoughts on my town Rosedale? 6A00 0043 CF8B

I like your outfits and gifts
Your paths are very pretty too
I always see tumblr signs but never instagram ones, cool
I wish overall there were more tall plants,having only flowers and bushes can make it look a bit barren in a way
I usually don't go into houses but the back room of your mayor's house is really cool. It is so simple but it really looks great, makes me want to be there.
I fell in the wisteria trellis, good one. lol
Your beach sign!! So creative, funny and scary!
Very pretty town. :)

Last edited:
My town is unfished. DA in signature. Going for a pastel fairytale theme

My town is unfished. DA in signature. Going for a pastel fairytale theme

Our Home, what a precious name
You have a very unique color of paths, I bet it looks very pretty during the day
I like how your flag matches the path color
It seems like a lot of pavement between the town hall and cafe
I feel like your town need more trees, I think more fruit trees than any other kind of tree, it will match well with how colorful your town is
Personally i like to connect my paths, I'm not sure if that it part of your plan but if you do so it will make everything more clear and accessible
If I knew more about what you were doing with each individual area I think I could get a better vision of your town, but overall it seems very promising. I look forward to seeing its development.

Back