• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I was having trouble getting purple pansies and blue roses so I bought some but

Cattums

Bells
I have yet to get a single new one to spawn. I even time traveled and watered them every day for like two weeks now.

These flowers are somehow the most frustrating things on the planet.

Same here. I could not get purple pansies they're the most difficult in my opinion but after you've got two they breed like weeds

Plant them diagonally,bury some fertilizer near them and water them preferably with a golden can. I did it with mine & my town is overrun by them.

I remember it took me a while for them to breed when I first got some. Just be patient and keep watering and using fertilizer.

I'm currently trying to breed cosmos to get a black cosmos, no luck so far! I'm mostly only getting orange cosmos and pink cosmos.

I'm planting them diagonally, using fertilizer and watering with my golden watering can. It kind of sucks since I've been trying for two weeks now. I like pink cosmos, but dang, mother nature can give me a black one any time now!

Been playing since launch & still have not gotten a blue rose the regular way. The only way I was able to get them was by buying a few & breeding them. Now I'm overrun & just quit watering them.

I'm currently trying to breed cosmos to get a black cosmos, no luck so far! I'm mostly only getting orange cosmos and pink cosmos.

I'm planting them diagonally, using fertilizer and watering with my golden watering can. It kind of sucks since I've been trying for two weeks now. I like pink cosmos, but dang, mother nature can give me a black one any time now!

I have ONE black Cosmo and it seems like it doesn't wanna give me another. I'm halfway there, it's infuriating.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I remember it took me a while for them to breed when I first got some. Just be patient and keep watering and using fertilizer.

I'm not sure if it's just that I don't have the store upgraded to where I can buy bamboo and things like that, but I have never seen fertilizer in the store.

I have heard that hacked flowers don't produce offspring. I'm not actually sure if that's true or not, but if it is, that could possibly explain why you aren't getting hybrids from flowers you bought from another player.
Another thing that really helps when trying to get hybrids is to make sure you only water the flowers you want to breed. If you water too many flowers in town, your daily allotment of hybrids can go anywhere. If you only water just your blue roses and purple pansies though, you'd be far more likely to get a hybrid from them. Villagers watering flowers will also affect this. When I'm breeding hybrids, I start up a new day, quickly water my flowers, and then TT to the next day straight away. :blush:

Last edited:
I know a town can only grow like X amount of hybrids a day. So it's more likely that your other flowers breeding are making it so they can't.

I have heard that hacked flowers don't produce offspring. I'm not actually sure if that's true or not, but if it is, that could possibly explain why you aren't getting hybrids from flowers you bought from another player.
Another thing that really helps when trying to get hybrids is to make sure you only water the flowers you want to breed. If you water too many flowers in town, your daily allotment of hybrids can go anywhere. If you only water just your blue roses and purple pansies though, you'd be far more likely to get a hybrid from them. Villagers watering flowers will also affect this. When I'm breeding hybrids, I start up a new day, quickly water my flowers, and then TT to the next day straight away. :blush:

I wonder if they are hacked then. But I am getting white roses and pansies from them, so maybe I'm just not lucky.

^ They're hacked. Two blue roses don't produce anything but more blue, unless they're hacked in which case they produce white, just like two purple pansies only produce more purple pansies if they're legit.

Back