• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hybrid Issues :(

Yui

こはい~
Bells
Tasty Cake
I've had two different towns whilst playing ACNL and I've noticed with both that it's hard to grow hybrids that aren't roses. My rose hybrids tend to take up most of my hybrid slots every day and has deemed very frustrating to breed other flowers. Does anyone else have this issue?

I've been having that problem with cosmos in my 2nd town. Orange cosmos breed like crazy! I like orange cosmos and all, but it's like the game only wants to give me those and nothing else. So yeah, I know how that feels.

I've been having that problem with cosmos in my 2nd town. Orange cosmos breed like crazy! I like orange cosmos and all, but it's like the game only wants to give me those and nothing else. So yeah, I know how that feels.

Ahhh my town is being taken over by orange roses! Perhaps it's the curse of the orange flowers haha XD

I wonder if each town just has different luck growing different things? It seems like pink & purple roses are the hybrids that take over my town... Maybe perhaps pink cosmos.

Does anybody know the trick to grow a black cosmo? I've never grown one & I have several patches of red...I thought 2 reds would spawn a black, but it's never worked.

I also thought it was a black & a purple rose that would spawn a blue rose, but I read recently on the board that you need to take 2 red roses that came from purple roses to make blue. Anybody have any experiences with this? Blue roses are the other flower I have yet to see in my town.

If you're having this problem I suggest just moving or arranging your roses so they don't breed? I know my most common in all of my towns have always been the pansies. They grow like crazy but I never had a problem with it. =]

I wonder if each town just has different luck growing different things? It seems like pink & purple roses are the hybrids that take over my town... Maybe perhaps pink cosmos.

Does anybody know the trick to grow a black cosmo? I've never grown one & I have several patches of red...I thought 2 reds would spawn a black, but it's never worked.

I also thought it was a black & a purple rose that would spawn a blue rose, but I read recently on the board that you need to take 2 red roses that came from purple roses to make blue. Anybody have any experiences with this? Blue roses are the other flower I have yet to see in my town.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/flowers-hybrids

This is a good guide for hybrids. I've red that it's most common to get black cosmos from 2 orange cosmos! There are other combinations out there. As for the bkue roses, yes, you need two hybrid red roses c:

You could also use the trading forums to your advantage.....trade the flowers you are having an easy time with for flowers (or tbt to buy) that you need. That way it is a win/win for everyone.

If you also have the storage space, then pick up all of the roses, store, and then bring back out later (although I admit that this would be alot of work).

Back