• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

DDOS Attack?

KingKyle

Kyle2000
Bells
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
So there was a DDos attack yesterday? I was on Youtube on this site(and some other site too), and they ran fine. I do have a Twitter account but I don't go on it.

i heard but by the time i got to check it was working fine

Someone organized a DoS attack on a DNS server provider. The servers were overloaded so no one could get on properly.

My PS4 kicked me out of 'multiplayer session' on Bloodborne yesterday (even though I was playing alone, but, yano). When I tried to go back on, it kicked me straight back out to the title screen as soon as the world loaded. Then I remembered that the online for BB is **** and I don't care anyway, so played offline.

Friends list took longer to load than usual as well I guess.

I'm just guessing it had something to do with it. Only really found out hours later that this was a thing and that PSN was affected. It didn't really affect my day at all other than about 10 seconds reloading a game in offline mode.

Yeah quite a few sites got affected, wasn't really on anything last night though. Think a few things might be down still, but yeah.

the real question is: who did it?

My educated guess would be Russia, China, or North Korea testing their cyber war capabilities or it was Anonymous (or some other known hacker group) testing a new DDOS program & may be seeking to make a political point in some form another. It technically could be someone completely different, but its hard to say absolutely.

Last edited:
My educated guess would be Russia, China, or North Korea testing their cyber war capabilities or it was Anonymous (or some other known hacker group) testing a new DDOS program & may be seeking to make a political point in some form another. It technically could be someone completely different, but its hard to say absolutely.

Then lets DDOS them!

It could be a 400 pound guy sitting on his bed!

Last edited:
I was so annoyed; I thought it was my Internet connection.

Random collection of sites that didn't work.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was so annoyed; I thought it was my Internet connection.

Random collection of sites that didn't work.

Back