• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird things you thought as a kid.

Cazqui

∀З⊥əʁ
Bells
Switch
4001-9803-5434
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Whenever someone died in a movie I thought they died for real. I got confused when I saw them again in another movie later on.

For some reason I was convinced females had a singular testicle compared to the dual testicles males have.

I used to think females had absolutely nothing on their crotch. Just a plain strip of skin, like anywhere else.

I used to think females had absolutely nothing on their crotch. Just a plain strip of skin, like anywhere else.

That's so funny that you think that because me and my friend would joke when we were younger and say girls don't have private parts, they just have a wall of skin hahahah. Funny

It's funny you say that because I use to think the soaps were real. I genuinely thought that cameras followed people around their street or farm or whatever and filmed the daily life of everybody there.
I also remember thinking if I could just flap these plastic bags that were atattched to my arms a little faster I would eventually take off and be able to fly :) it took a long time to get over that disappointment.
And at times I used to really really wish that there would be no school the next day, I used to think if I could just wish it hard enough that it would come true. Then wake up the next morning very upset my idea didn't work...

Last edited:
didn't think ppl were supposed to have nipples so i scratched one of mine off.

didn't believe dinosaurs were real. i thought they were like santa or whatever (adults talk like santa and dinosaurs are real but i knew neither were real). actually kind of believed this until we learnt about dinosaurs in school... when i was 7 or 8.... rip...

didn't think ppl were supposed to have nipples so i scratched one of mine off.

that sounds... super painful. yikes

i used to believe that the tooth fairy ate the tooth when you gave it to her. i now know that the tooth fairy isn't real and if she was she certainly wouldn't eat teeth.

I thought fairies lived under mushrooms and I'd get super upset if my brother squashed the mushrooms around our house.

I also used to think compasses always pointed you directly to nearby buried treasure and the compass would direct you accordingly, so I was super confused when my compass kept pointing towards the direction of our garage (the northern side of my house) no matter what I did.

Last edited:
I had no idea that "caterpillar" was a bug larvae thing until I was too old, I always thought it was like, a word for cat's male parts?

If you know some swedish perv lingo it makes sense, but I'm not gonna type out stuff that might warn me lol

Last edited:
You know how airplanes when they fly they leave streaks in the sky. I used to think they were scientists that were measuring the sky.

i thought if a baby was a girl the mom got pregnant and if it was a boy the dad got pregnant

i used to think when i was 6 that the tooth fairy knew when your teeth fell out so if you didint put it under your pillow that night she'd pull one out of your mouth instead.

For some reason I thought that when you said where you were headed the car would hear and turn on the turn signals automatically. I made this extremely obvious this is what I thought, and neither of my parents bothered to correct me.

I used to think that during a wedding, the moment the bride kissed the groom, that she would instantly become pregnant due to "magic". Due to my overexposure to the perverted children at school, I now know that that was not true.

I also used to think that to "make out" with someone, that meant you were just kissing them a lot. Now that I look back, I realize that I've misused the term several times and now I know why my sisters looked at me weirdly when I said it.

I also used to think that when I took a bath the drain would try to eat me.

I also went through a period of time where I believed I was already dead and that I was a zombie so I purposely avoided people and I became really sad.

Right after thinking I was a zombie I began to think I was a robot. It took a while to convince myself that I wasn't any of those things, and that I was living.

I used to think if you swallowed a seed a tree would grow in your stomach. o_O I also used to think that any poster or painting with people in it would watch you... o_O

sometimes when my parents were a bit late to pick me up i thought they'd never come for me so i would make plans of how im gonna live on my own and survive off of cosco samples i literally don't even know where that came from

Back when I was 10 and 2/3, a little-known game called The Legendary Starfy was being sold to American stores. You DO know about the 3 rogues who show up multiple times during the game, right? I stopped playing when I got to Glitzem Grotto, and because of this, by spring the next year, I'd already forgotten 2/3 of their names (and what the group name they had was). Because when I thought about when Amphy became sick, I imagine he was running enough of a fever that he started to see said rogues everywhere he went, but the only one of those three whose name I remembered up to this point was Papes. Flash forward to 2012, when I picked the game up again on the midnight of April 2nd. I saw that someone had already beaten the game, and I knew it was critical of me to check it out, so I managed to find a whole lot of stuff I hadn't access to before! And also, I remembered that the other two rogues were named Ronk and Snips. The game also had a Notes section, where you could find bits of lore scattered through the game, and two pieces of lore were titled "To My Big Sister Snips", thereby making me realize that Snips wasn't an effeminate man with a big beard! I also liked to go to the Toys section, where you could get characters from the Gacha machine for 5 Pearls a pop. The description for #70 described these 3 as specializing in Janken (which, as you all are about to find out, is what the Japanese call Roshambo), but I, being young and silly, paid no attention to it. I felt like watching NakaTeleeli's Lets Play of the game, and I was thoroughly enjoying myself until this happened. You see, I never liked those 3 rogues, and now that I knew they were associated with Janken, a game that, up until then, I'd thoroughly enjoyed, my world was changed forever!

Back when I was 10 and 2/3, a little-known game called The Legendary Starfy was being sold to American stores. You DO know about the 3 rogues who show up multiple times during the game, right? I stopped playing when I got to Glitzem Grotto, and because of this, by spring the next year, I'd already forgotten 2/3 of their names (and what the group name they had was). Because when I thought about when Amphy became sick, I imagine he was running enough of a fever that he started to see said rogues everywhere he went, but the only one of those three whose name I remembered up to this point was Papes. Flash forward to 2012, when I picked the game up again on the midnight of April 2nd. I saw that someone had already beaten the game, and I knew it was critical of me to check it out, so I managed to find a whole lot of stuff I hadn't access to before! And also, I remembered that the other two rogues were named Ronk and Snips. The game also had a Notes section, where you could find bits of lore scattered through the game, and two pieces of lore were titled "To My Big Sister Snips", thereby making me realize that Snips wasn't an effeminate man with a big beard! I also liked to go to the Toys section, where you could get characters from the Gacha machine for 5 Pearls a pop. The description for #70 described these 3 as specializing in Janken (which, as you all are about to find out, is what the Japanese call Roshambo), but I, being young and silly, paid no attention to it. I felt like watching NakaTeleeli's Lets Play of the game, and I was thoroughly enjoying myself until this happened. You see, I never liked those 3 rogues, and now that I knew they were associated with Janken, a game that, up until then, I'd thoroughly enjoyed, my world was changed forever!

tl;dr please

- - - Post Merge - - -

didn't believe dinosaurs were real. i thought they were like santa or whatever (adults talk like santa and dinosaurs are real but i knew neither were real)
same here when i was little, and i thought dragons were a special type of dinosaurs even when i found out dinosaurs were real

i thought the renicance era was fake (or whatever it was called. knights and stuff)

thought that if you managed to live to 100 years old, you'd die when you blew out the 100th birthday candles

thought people with dyed hair painted it

thought "bleaching your hair" was actually like using clorox bleach.

I thought that if you'd like pull your eyes/mouth to make funny faces too much they would stay like that

Back