• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

death penalty

From what I understand you're seeing people say "I think x should be killed" and going "BUT MORALS!", and that's where it's unproductive because their morals are clearly a bit different from yours.

I'm not the one that said morals are unproductive. Everyone should respect other's beliefs.

I'm against it.

Instead I'd rather they suffer and rot until they eventually die.

Speaking generally about rapists, murderers, e.t.c.

@Nvll you're great. c: (I'm being genuine btw)

Last edited:
tom pls :(
But like I said earlier, mass rapists/ murderers should get the death sentance, those who did it once should be put in prison, and those why killed in self defense should get little to no charge, with exceptions

You're not helping stop rapists by killing them off. Educating them and teaching them to be better will make a difference, and killing them is just morally wrong.

But nvll, isn't it a bit of a contradicting thing to specifically want all rapists dead and not the people doing generally thought to be worse crimes? I mean you're free to think that but please acknowledge that it's 100% created by your feelings.

I think other criminals deserve it as well so... no?

Also thoughts that are influenced by feelings are not any less valid nor any more "illogical" considering the left-brain/right-brain nonsense has been debunked a long time ago so talk about unproductiveness...

Ableism??? Are you serious? How was that ableist?

Psychotic is a medical term used to refer to severely mentally ill people who experence psychosis, not a synonym for violent murderer.

Last edited:
I think other criminals deserve it as well so... no?

Also thoughts that are influenced by feelings are not any less valid nor any more "illogical" considering the left-brain/right-brain nonsense has been debunked a long time ago so talk about unproductiveness...
I meant that your opinion is not factually reasoned, because it's entirely backed up by how you feel and not by fact that all rapists should die.

I meant that your opinion is not factually reasoned, because it's entirely backed up by how you feel and not by fact that all rapists should die.

And the people saying "but rapists/murderers/etc are people too" and "I don't think anyone deserves to die" aren't basing that on how they feel? Ok.

Honestly, I don't know, but I'd say that I'm for it in certain circumstances. It depends on the level of the crime. For example, if it was a murder (especially a mass one), I would probably be for it, but anything less than that, no.

Or maybe one murder? I think child molesters should get it too. Js

It's not about the people getting fried, it's about the people who thirst for blood.
Violence will lead to more violence and death will lead to more death.
We need to be better than that.

And the people saying "but rapists/murderers/etc are people too" and "I don't think anyone deserves to die" aren't basing that on how they feel? Ok.

No cause... they are people... like... they are actually people wether you want it or not?????

some would argue it's hypocritical, it's not ok because you are doing the exact same thing they have done. it's absolutely not the same context but it's still a flawed reason. imo killing them is essentially letting them get away with their crimes though. wouldn't you rather see them have to live their life without rights or human interaction? i know that i would rather end my own life than have to live with what i have done if i killed someone. i would rather argue for actual life imprisonment for people as it means they're truly punished for what they have done

It is kind of hypocritical, and I acknowledge that, but for some people who have committed certain crimes, it may very well be a better option than paying for them to live in prison for the rest of their lives. Again, I don't think the death penalty should be considered for most crimes; only the worst. If someone completely disregards the life of another person, and kills them in a horrible manner (like stabbing them to death), then I don't think they should get to live after that. They won't feel bad like you would; you're a normal human being that doesn't have violent intentions. How you would feel about it can't be applied to someone that has shown that they're capable and willing to murder people.

Last edited:
True, but they do get to set up laws that punish people for their actions. Those punishments include capital punishment.

those punishments could also be making ppl eat spiders and go around naked on their knees in public with underwear on their head. not a good punishment that djould be used tho, just like death penalty

Back