death penalty

The only benefit the death penalty has is getting rid of the murderers, which may even be a blessing over spending a life in jail. I don't see how it will feel justified or better, if I was the victim I would want the murderer to spend a life in prison instead as I feel like that is a worse punishment.

The fact that people in this thread are coming in with this "holier than thou" persona and basically defending and sympathizing with rapists and murderers is pretty scary and gross tbh
Like even if you don't agree with the death penalty I can support that but some of the stuff y'all are coming up with is just crazy

I don't think anyone here is sympathizing with rapists and murderers. Some of us are just really disturbed by the fact that people here are talking about cutting limbs off or killing people in a painful way. Prisoners are not mad scientist experiments. The people here who are against the death penalty mostly agree that rapists and murderers should be locked up for life. We just believe it should be done in a humane way.

The fact that people in this thread are coming in with this "holier than thou" persona and basically defending and sympathizing with rapists and murderers is pretty scary and gross tbh
Like even if you don't agree with the death penalty I can support that but some of the stuff y'all are coming up with is just crazy

pls quote stuff ppl in this thread have said that is sympathizing w/ rapists and murderers because imo people against death penalty have been very reasonable and not sympathized with them lmao...

not wanting them to be killed doesn't mean you wanna take a selfie w them and call them ur hero for murdering ppl

I don't think anyone here is sympathizing with rapists and murderers. Some of us are just really disturbed by the fact that people here are talking about cutting limbs off or killing people in a painful way. Prisoners are not mad scientist experiments. The people here who are against the death penalty mostly agree that rapists and murderers should be locked up for life. We just believe it should be done in a humane way.

Even though I support the death penalty in some circumstances, I agree with the statement as the people that don't support it here were trying to keep the discussion as civil as they could.

While I do think that there are some actions that are bad enough that they deserve death, I just don't think that there is a way we can make sure we don't accidentally put innocent people found guilty to death if we allow it.

pls quote stuff ppl in this thread have said that is sympathizing w/ rapists and murderers because imo people against death penalty have been very reasonable and not sympathized with them lmao...

not wanting them to be killed doesn't mean you wanna take a selfie w them and call them ur hero for murdering ppl

I think some people are possibly confusing the other thread with this one, since it was stated by somebody there that we should feel compassion for these criminals, something to that effect.
Or it might have been further back in this thread, not sure now ;) they both ended up following a similar path of discussion

It's certainly an interesting topic. It's one of those subjects where options are just so varied

Also, I think most people have kept it civil on both threads. There's always somebody who only comes here looking for an argument, you get that anywhere though

Last edited:
I just don't think that there is a way we can make sure we don't accidentally put innocent people found guilty to death if we allow it.

Exactly. Even one (more) innocent person put to death is one person too many.

Back