• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Stabbing Attack Leaves 19 disabled people dead and 46 Wounded in Japan

What I find most sad about this is realising that there are people out there who are still stuck in a certain time period where groups of people are hated on for being different. Not just disabled people, but also every other oppressed group in general, like black people or homosexual people. I do get that part of the reason why certain countries don't progress forward as a society is because for traditional reasons. But still, stuff like this is ****** up and petty.

My prayers go out to the victims and their families. Nobody deserves to be murdered.

that's ****ed up

i dont agree w death penalty, but i get why u all are upset af and think he deserves to die. i don't rly feel "oh he deserves to live :>" but as a general rule i think death penalty is gross and shouldn't be used. so i'm a bit ):< abt how many ib this thread seem to be glad that japan still sentence people to death, just so thst he will die.

like, go ahead and want him to die, but msybe think about death penalty n why it's not great??

I'd just like to say that if you're calling for the death penalty because "the world is better off" or you just "want to get rid" of people of this sort, you're no better than the culprit. He carried out this attack for much of the same reasons, just on a different group of people.

It's awful what he did, but I'd prefer him to stay alive and in jail so he can think through his actions. I think forcing him to live with his stupid actions is better - death will only absolve him of that.

I'd just like to say that if you're calling for the death penalty because "the world is better off" or you just "want to get rid" of people of this sort, you're no better than the culprit. He carried out this attack for much of the same reasons, just on a different group of people.

It's awful what he did, but I'd prefer him to stay alive and in jail so he can think through his actions. I think forcing him to live with his stupid actions is better - death will only absolve him of that.

u are better than the culprit tho
he murdered a crap ton of ppl...,

but that doesn't mean that it's okay to kill ppl because they are killers.

To be honest the death penalty is kind of a difficult issue and I don't truly know if it's morally right or not. I can see why it is good, I can, I mean, it's clearing out prison space so perhaps less money would need to be spent on the maintenance of criminals on prisons (as harsh as that may sound), but at the same time, I think it's a dangerous game of picking and choosing who can and can't live. Yes, he is a horrible and disgusting person, I'm not excusing his crime, but some cases aren't as cut and dry as his. Some people are sent on a death penalty but it may not be as clear as to whether or not they DID committ the crime or not. And even so, do people deserve to die, too, even if they have killed others? It's honestly really hard to say, I'm not sure what to think, but imo I think it's wrong to straight up say "YES capital punishment is right" because... Sometimes, it's NOT.

Anyway I feel really sad hearing about this, it feels like each day there's more and more bad stuff happening. I know this may sound harsh, but I've almost gotten used to hearing about attacks happening in the US and Europe now, like acts of terrorism and such, but... I mean, usually when you hear about disasters happening in Japan, it's natural disasters and such. Not saying bad things don't happen there, you just rarely hear about it (but could be because of Western world selectively picking what they want to report, idk). Those disabled people didn't deserve to die, of course they have a right to live, and someone shouldn't have to decide for them that they must die.

Knife attack in Sagamihara, Japan

Today, a knife attack just occurred in the city of Sagamihara in Japan, directly south of Tokyo. The perpetrator killed 19 people and injured 26 more.
The incident is Japan's first mass killing since 2008 and its worst since 1995. Since 1989, mass killings like these have been increasing. 1989, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2008, and now this year have been years noted for such incidents in Japan.

Last edited:
Why should we not get rid of scum who only harm society? Scum as in child rapists, mass killers, etc. They are beyond redemption and will never be cured. They will pose a threat to society and will remain that way, look at how the Swedish serial killer is treated. Guy killed hundreds of kids at camp and you know what? He gets a chef cooked meal with TV and exercise access. We need to be harsher on these scumbags, not give them luxury. Death for them or they should rot in a cell for 23 hours a day. Giving them death is a more merciful option than having them confined for 23 hours a day.

Why should we not get rid of scum who only harm society? Scum as in child rapists, mass killers, etc. They are beyond redemption and will never be cured. They will pose a threat to society and will remain that way, look at how the Swedish serial killer is treated. Guy killed hundreds of kids at camp and you know what? He gets a chef cooked meal with TV and exercise access. We need to be harsher on these scumbags, not give them luxury. Death for them or they should rot in a cell for 23 hours a day. Giving them death is a more merciful option than having them confined for 23 hours a day.

A day has 24 hours... you want them to have one hour out of the prison?

A day has 24 hours... you want them to have one hour out of the prison?

No, that is how they treat high case people such as this man. He would get 23 hours solidarity confinement in America, with one hour for exercise.

Japan is harsher on the death penalty, so I imagine he would get the same treatment. It's either slowly going insane or death, and death is the far more merciful choice. But its likely he will not know when he will be getting executed and have to wait while going insane.

Last edited:
No, that is how they treat high case people such as this man. He would get 23 hours solidarity confinement in America, with one hour for exercise.

Oh I see I understand.
Don't know it since I live in UK not America.

there is so much sad and awful news lately , my prayers go out to victims and families

So wanting a piece of scum who murdered a lot of vulnerable people to be gone permanently means I'm no better than he is?
Do you really think a thing like that cares less about what he's done? You would rather have taxes keep him and, if he were in this country, has free college courses so when they're released they have better qualifications than I do, completely free?

People should think about protecting the vulnerable in society. Not the vile specimens who do something so horrific.
My concern is with the people he murdered.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And you cannot compare disabled people to a disgusting murderer. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Why should we not get rid of scum who only harm society? Scum as in child rapists, mass killers, etc. They are beyond redemption and will never be cured. They will pose a threat to society and will remain that way, look at how the norwegian serial killer is treated. Guy killed hundreds of kids at camp and you know what? He gets a chef cooked meal with TV and exercise access. We need to be harsher on these scumbags, not give them luxury. Death for them or they should rot in a cell for 23 hours a day. Giving them death is a more merciful option than having them confined for 23 hours a day.

Fixed that for you.

So wanting a piece of scum who murdered a lot of vulnerable people to be gone permanently means I'm no better than he is?
Do you really think a thing like that cares less about what he's done? You would rather have taxes keep him and, if he were in this country, has free college courses so when they're released they have better qualifications than I do, completely free?

People should think about protecting the vulnerable in society. Not the vile specimens who do something so horrific.
My concern is with the people he murdered.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And you cannot compare disabled people to a disgusting murderer. That is absolutely ludicrous.

No, obviously we should keep people with no humanity alive. Duh. /s

But seriously, death is a merciful option. You guys do realize he will be locked up for all day, with like a hour of exercise? Imagine living in a cell for 23 hours a day with nothing but yourself. He would go insane. Death is the merciful choice here. This is the reality. I'm not going to play devil's advocate and say we should give him a chance. So you want him locked up all day then? Because normal prisoners will kill him. They have no choice but to lock him up all day. He will go insane or will try to kill himself. Death is the better choice here.

No, obviously we should keep people with no humanity alive. Duh. /s

But seriously, death is a merciful option. You guys do realize he will be locked up for all day, with like a hour of exercise? Imagine living in a cell for 23 hours a day with nothing but yourself. He would go insane. Death is the merciful choice here. This is the reality. I'm not going to play devil's advocate and say we should give him a chance. So you want him locked up all day then? Because normal prisoners will kill him. They have no choice but to lock him up all day. He will go insane or will try to kill himself. Death is the better choice here.

but you arent saying they should die because mercy you are saying they should die because you consider them scum

and that is wrong

Back