• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

███ █ ☆ J O I N T  F R E E B I E || 12 Artists! • THANK YOU!!

I believe she's just using the character as a ref and not entirely as "here's my official character". Even what she describes in the note section is different than the ref(hence).

That's exactly what I think.

How about you guys quit calling her an art thief and making her feel bad

these two are so important^^^^ she didn't say she made it anywhere in her comment, nor did she post it and was like "omg guys check out my original character!!! i made it!!! me!!!!!!!!!!! please draw my character!!!!!!!!!"

she was just using it as a ref lol. please don't call her a thief. not only is it rude, it's uncalled for. plenty of people can't draw characters themselves and use other's as a reference. for all of you that have avatars/signatures of characters that weren't drawn by you yourself, you wouldn't like it if someone called you a thief for simply using them now would you? :/

anyway you guys look pretty overloaded with requests, when they die down a little i'll request something. great shop btw!

these two are so important^^^^ she didn't say she made it anywhere in her comment, nor did she post it and was like "omg guys check out my original character!!! i made it!!! me!!!!!!!!!!! please draw my character!!!!!!!!!"

she was just using it as a ref lol. please don't call her a thief. not only is it rude, it's uncalled for. plenty of people can't draw characters themselves and use other's as a reference. for all of you that have avatars/signatures of characters that weren't drawn by you yourself, you wouldn't like it if someone called you a thief for simply using them now would you? :/

anyway you guys look pretty overloaded with requests, when they die down a little i'll request something. great shop btw!

Yeah but she didn't get someone to design it for her....is what people are saying I think

holy **** that's not art theft she's just using it as a ref did u guys even read her form? she says "_____ like the picture"
she's not giving a clear design she likely does not have a character and she's hoping to get one out of her request
i mean i personally wouldn't do that but u guys are wrong lol

Yeah but she didn't get someone to design it for her....is what people are saying I think

Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't really understand the big deal even if she didn't? Even if it's a fancharacter, plenty of people request fancharacters to be drawn all the time or they use fancharacters as references to their own because they themselves can't draw or want someone else to draw it for them (hence why they are using the picture in the first place) and they aren't bashed for it, or people use drawings not drawn by them as refs in RPGs and such. I'm not trying to make it into a big deal but she really doesn't deserved to be bashed over a picture lol

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't really understand the big deal even if she didn't? Even if it's a fancharacter, plenty of people request fancharacters to be drawn all the time and they aren't bashed for it, or people use drawings not drawn by them as refs in RPGs and such. I'm not trying to make it into a big deal but she really doesn't deserved to be bashed over a picture lol

Well I wasn't sure if it was an official thing, or just something one person made themselves.

Well if it's a fanmade thing then there should be no problem, right?

that's not why it's not a problem, if u scroll up a lil to my post u can see why. but for stuff like this it's the up to the artist to decide whether they'd be willing to fulfill the request or not.

hmm I think shayminskies really was just trying to find a similar reference so the artists who look at her request could have a brief, visual idea of what she wants - it's a common way of requesting art (for people's first time, too!), I believe! There's various requests on the thread that have been similar, such as panicstatiion and Shinrai. However, I think shayminskies frequently using "like the picture" could easily make people think that she wants an exact copy of the character she found, so I wouldn't consider people calling out on her entirely wrong, either.

I'm not saying that I support character stealing, or anything along those line - I myself hate it when people even have something remotely similar to my OCs. But since there's already been a few times, on this thread, where people have stolen an adoptable character and claimed it as their own, or made requests consisting of fanart/fan characters where non-official images are used, I'll be adding a section on the first post on notes when requesting art. Not everyone started off knowing that it's not okay to claim a random google image as their own, but hopefully, this section will help people understand things that they should pay attention to, and highlight etiquette that should be carried out and optimistically, avoid similar situations from happening again ` v`)n!

im going to request again if it's alright! just love everyone's art here ;;

Username: kianli
Ref(s): https://toyhou.se/395226.kaori
Personality: fiesty, caring to friends
Notes: nope!

tumblr_inline_o8ytfanRy31simzty_540.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Username: Amilee
Ref(s): http://sta.sh/0drxejwslie
Personality: light hearted, sweet, gentle, helpful, always finds the best in people and avoids fighting whenever possible.
Notes: thanks for considering c:

tumblr_inline_o8ytweHH8P1simzty_540.png

Username: Nightmares
Character type: OC
Character name: Etsuko
Ref(s): http://sta.sh/22210q26lwh8?edit=1
Personality: Is a quite sarcastic and grumpy character, who doesn't like doing as she's told. At times she can be friendly, but most of the time not lmao
Notes: Thank you!

this is so cute oh my god.

Username: taesaek
Ref(s): ( X ) ( X ) // just please do not draw his old red hair version. tysm a aaa.
Personality:
- a total clutz
- absent-minded
- considerate
- quiet and reserved
- hilarious once he opens up.
- likes to make jokes.
Notes: he's an elf! so his ears will be long and pointed like this ref of him.( X )

thank you so much to those who consider. i don't have a lot of art of him and so many of you have crazy cool styles i'd love to see what you do with his design! thanks again.

tumblr_inline_o8ywt6wP3P1simzty_540.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Username: Mints
Ref(s):(x), (x)
Personality: a shy badass. allergic to cats but loves cats anyways.
Notes: her and a cat would be nice, but not necessary!

thanks for anyone who even looks at this. ♥

tumblr_inline_o8yx7u8WYG1simzty_540.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hii. Reposting from 5 pages!

Username: kianli
Ref(s): https://toyhou.se/442275.winter
Personality: very bubbly, sweet, kind & smart.
Notes: n/a

[[me crying]] blue and cute winter clothing are my weaknesses orzz

tumblr_inline_o8yy4gWEj41simzty_540.png

Username: Hyoshido
Character type: Fanart
Character name: Corrin (Or Kamui in Japan)
Ref(s): http://imgur.com/a/gsNnc (Imgur album)
Personality: Heroic, Friendly, Would rather put himself out than others.
Notes: While it's Corrin again, it's a different color set, based on the character Azura (And Shigure) from Fire Emblem Fates, Hopefully it's acceptable.

Thanks once again! Have a nice day :>

Last edited:
Username: chiisanacx
Ref(s): Norihime
Personality: she is very mischievous and who ever passes through the graveyard she'll never cease to leave them alone until they have left leaving a notorious reputation on the graveyard she haunts
Notes: she is a Japanese ghost the triangle white thing on her head I don't even know what it is I guess some Japanese ghosts wear it
others: thanks for doing this!

Repost

Back