• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you play Animal crossing on mobile?

i would if i could, but tbh my phone is just awful. i doubt it would even work, i cant even get lineplay to work on it lol

Last edited:
Nintendo and TBT have joined forces to create a digital TBT collectible market app, filled with IRL money in-app purchases and TBT have kept us in the dark this whole time.... maybe.... not xD

The more I think about it though, the more I think it'll be cool.
Maybe it'll connect to Happy Home Network and we just have to rate homes to earn in-game credits for buying things like clothes and furniture for a house or something...

I think I would, it'd probably be a little hard to control and frustrating at times but I think i'd enjoy it! It'd be even more portable than the 3DS because you can use your phone anywhere for example when you're waiting for class. Whereas it'll look a little strange if you just pull a 3DS out and start playing animal crossing. Hopefully it's not like one of those games that requires 20 hours just to water the plants or something, or you can speed it up if you have a certain currency. Those kind of games are annoying. I'd just nope out from buying the game if it was like that. Honestly though i'm such a sucker for animal crossing, anything that even appears to be a main game of animal crossing I will buy it no matter how much it costs. However, if it's something like what I just described I don't think i'd buy it at all animal crossing or not.

I probably would. It highly depends on what you could do though. I dont think many phones could handle a full fleshed out game, but i wouldnt mind a cute dress up game of some sorts that could interact with the 3DS somehow. I completely prefer the console games though since it lets me sit somewhere and be comfortable while my phone battery would die almost asap if it isnt a game that you can pickup and play for a few minutes.

I probably would. However, if it's something I have to wait and pay for in-game stuff probably not. I am not looking to spend real life cash just for virtual games. I feel like there will be that though because they do have to make some money somehow. But all in all, I would mostly likely try it out, but I'd probably stop playing it after a week or so.

id play any game related to animal crossing as long as it doesnt stray to far from its traditional gameplay roots

Even yet more proof the 3DS is being done in by mobile when you start having some of the biggest IP's put on mobile. Pokemon was a given, it's not 100% Nintendo's, but Animal Crossing IS, so there you go, they're moving more and more into the mobile space. Fanboys don't want to admit it, but with the report today saying Nintendo expects to sell as many 3DS systems in the full year of 2017 as they sold in just the launch month of March, 2011, the handwriting is on the wall, it's a dying system, and mobile is the reason why. If you can't beat them, join them, and that's what Nintendo did with DeNA, and Animal Crossing is just one of many IP's getting the mobile treatment... RIP Nintendo dedicated handhelds, your days are numbered...

I don't know. I feel like that would mean less gameplay available since it would be a mobile app. I'm sure I would, but it definitely would not replace the console AC games.

Yes I will only if there aren't any in app purchases like "spend $5 to get 1 mil bells!"

I would play it, but I would really like it if it could link to the AC game for the NX. I don't think an AC game entirely on mobile would play very well, but if it was like an add-on, it would be really neat.

Maybe like a Miitomo with your Mayor, or some minigames. There's potential there...

I most likely wouldn't. I would be too worried about scummy in game purchases, rather than just a one time purchase game. Plus, I can only imagine how horrifying the touch controls would be. Some people have some weird thumbs and it would be hard. (Like me)

Even yet more proof the 3DS is being done in by mobile when you start having some of the biggest IP's put on mobile. Pokemon was a given, it's not 100% Nintendo's, but Animal Crossing IS, so there you go, they're moving more and more into the mobile space. Fanboys don't want to admit it, but with the report today saying Nintendo expects to sell as many 3DS systems in the full year of 2017 as they sold in just the launch month of March, 2011, the handwriting is on the wall, it's a dying system, and mobile is the reason why. If you can't beat them, join them, and that's what Nintendo did with DeNA, and Animal Crossing is just one of many IP's getting the mobile treatment... RIP Nintendo dedicated handhelds, your days are numbered...

i've thought about this before and it would actually be pretty cool. i'm always on my phone so i'd be playing a lot lol

I'm on my phone a lot too. I wonder when we'll get so new news :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's "rumours" of a new handheld next year... I think there was even a project name leak. Not sure where it originated from though.

The game belongs with Nintendo, on a DS, like God intended it to.

Nope, I would rather have Animal Crossing sold to Microsoft than play the games on my phone. I want full Animal Crossing games on handhelds/consoles, not phones.

Lol no. Why would i? I already have the game on my DS so i don't see a reason to waste money on the mobile version. Besides, i don't pay for mobile games because they're not worth it.

Back