• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you play Animal crossing on mobile?

Marc Franks

Animal crosser
Bells
If the Nintendo "NX" is capable of connecting to mobile devices would you download a animal crossing game onto your mobile device and play it? (A Rumor)

I can see where Nintendo is going with their mobile market, they want to bring there casual games closer to casual gamers on mobile. and Animal crossing is a casual game that appeals to all age groups, both male and female gamers, Impressive isn't it?

Now im not saying a animal crossing game on a mobile platform will be the same as the traditional games we play on the Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii, We could get something entirely new and not expected like Animal crossing amiibo festival.

What type of game would you think it would be, It would probably have to be something that would utilize the animal crossing cards so my personal thoughts is that If Nintendo does bring animal crossing onto the mobile platform i can see it being a social / card game almost like Miitomo but at the same time nothing like it.

I won't be able to play an Animal Crossing game on mobile since I live in the Philippines, and Nintendo currently doesn't have Philippines in their list of countries.

It'll probably be a freemium social game. That means everything you do will probably take like a million hours or so. If they decide this one to be a 'Pay once' game, then I'll be much more happier. Freemium games get me on my nerves, and the sheer amount of them makes me crazy.
please no in-app purchases

No, I wouldn't. Because I imagine a mobile phone wouldn't be able to handle all that data and just lag too much.

I see what you mean, The mobile games that don't require in app purchse dont update as much either saving lots of space in your phone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are many games that have similar graphical ability already on mobile app store, And they could lower the graphic quality to not make it so heavy.

There are many games that have similar graphical ability already on mobile app store, And they could lower the graphic quality to not make it so heavy.

Most mobiles are way past 3DS level in terms of graphical capabilities, so yeah, that shouldn't really be an issue.

I just feel like the touchscreen controllers would be crumby. That's my only concern. :p

I play Castaway Paradise which is kinda an AC/HM mix and the controllers and loading times are just unbearable.

Animal Crossing is actually one of the few games I would actually consider playing on a mobile.

It would be really neat if there was like an "open world" Animal Crossing type game, where you can discover and visit different towns and design your house to be all special and people can visit it, maybe vote on it/rate it or something like HHD. And you can hang out with all of the other players, visit their homes, kind of like a more social version or the game or something and you could earn "bells" to buy stuff from the shop, and I'm sure as all mobile games there would be options to spend real money to buy coins and stuff.

I would probably download it, yes! If it was expensive? Eh, maybe would consider it, if it was like 10 bucks or something like the Minecraft PE, then no. I would have to see what it was about first. But I think that would be a cute idea and that it's definitely a possibility in the future. Maybe it'll just be a minigame or something, or maybe something different yet more simple. My only complaint would be the tiny screen on my iPhone, though, lol.

This would be a good idea. But it also depends on the price and how it's played. I think it's best on a DS with two screens. Not sure how it will work on one screen and how it will play etc. Depends on the mechanics of the game.

I'm not personally a fan of the idea but if it happened I'd definitely check it out.

Whether I actually stick with it and play it a lot or not is a different story though. Miitomo was really fun for a few days but then I just ended up deleting it to make room on my phone. Hopefully it improves on that when it comes to things to do and overall content.

More than an actual mobile game though I'd love to see a companion app to whatever the next AC game is. It would be amazing to make patterns from pictures that you've taken and such.

I don't think so. I prefer to play games on a different console so I can look stuff up (eg: guides) on my phone.

Even yet more proof the 3DS is being done in by mobile when you start having some of the biggest IP's put on mobile. Pokemon was a given, it's not 100% Nintendo's, but Animal Crossing IS, so there you go, they're moving more and more into the mobile space. Fanboys don't want to admit it, but with the report today saying Nintendo expects to sell as many 3DS systems in the full year of 2017 as they sold in just the launch month of March, 2011, the handwriting is on the wall, it's a dying system, and mobile is the reason why. If you can't beat them, join them, and that's what Nintendo did with DeNA, and Animal Crossing is just one of many IP's getting the mobile treatment... RIP Nintendo dedicated handhelds, your days are numbered...

Last edited:
Back