• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Taking hatred for certain villagers too far?

and you need to be aware these virtual animals do not have any ''feelings''. sure they would say that they're sad when you dont talk to them for a long time blah blah blah but these animals do not have real feelings so hating them doesnt matter. they'll just forget about it at the end of the day and talk to you like nothing ever happened.
Yeah, and you gotta remember that the villages are more or less the same outside of having a unique design, house and catchphrase. Any kind of personality outside of their main personality is something you project onto them yourself. So while you might think Violet is a total ****, in reality she's just as much of a **** as Diana.
So ye, they're far from being as 'human' as some make them out to be.

TIL: tw4t is censored on belltree

It's weird tho how a different design can make you feel different about a villagers personality. Like if I compared my Egbert to Lucky I'd see some differences.

Yeah that kind of bothers me too. I'm always nice to my villagers even if I don't like them. I know it's just a game but I feel like the people who do that in game probably have the same tendencies irl.

It also makes me angry when someone says a hated villager MADE their favorite villager move out. How does that even work? I think it's just a made up excuse to justify their hatred.

For me, AC is not a place where there is room for hate. I think it's childish and makes people look like jerks. But of course they can do what they want. I already feel bad when I accidentally hit someone and they get all sad. YES I know it's just a programm but if we see it like that there's really no point in playing this game...
If I get an unwanted villager, I still try to make friends with them. So what if they're in a bad spot? They won't stay forever. Not taking up space for a dreamie either, I'm not in a rush and need my dreamies ASAP, that would be boring. Eventually the unwanted villager will move out and a dreamie can move in.

Bonbon moved right in front of my house unexpectedly, and killed some hybrids and just took up room. I hit her multiple times just to get her out. But it doesn't end there. In Happy Home Designer, I designed a house with jail bars all around. Her only pieces of furniture was a lousy bed, a toilet, and a radio locked in, so it would play the same song forever. Yet, she still seemed to like this...

Nah.
If someone wants to hate a villager, it's their prerogative. Though, I will say this: Out of the hundreds of villagers that were conceived throughout the Animal Crossing series, Rolf is the only villager I truly despise with an utter passion! Yes, I still have villagers that I kinda hate (e.g. Gaston, Portia, Blaire), but they do not come close to how much I hate Rolf. I would sure my story, but that would make this post too long and boring, so I'll just say I hate Rolf, because personal experience, he has a bad design, he is plain, and I think he is the most overrated villager in the series. I mean, were all entitled to our own opinions, no?

It even makes me more upset when people think people take love for a villager too far. There are TONS of villager that I love (especially the kangaroos), and Astrid is my absolute favorite villager of all time. Why? She has a cute design, she is my favorite species, and she always acts motherly towards me. I defiantly don't love her the same way I love my friends at school, but there is a connection, otherwise there wouldn't be such a thing as dreamies.
I've actually read stories about villagers helping players through depression, so to those people, villagers are a lot more than just a bunch of pixels, sound, and data.

My point is: If someone wants to hate/love a villager, they have every right to! We can't judge/comment on some's "Villagers I Hate" list or "Villagers I Love" list, if we don't know their personal experience with them.

Well, we take our anger out on those useless villagers who destroyed our town and so on. Personally, I talk to them a few times and an axe hit once or twice per day.

Stupid Rudy, I couldn't get Flurry because of your void move-in..

Bonbon moved right in front of my house unexpectedly, and killed some hybrids and just took up room. I hit her multiple times just to get her out. But it doesn't end there. In Happy Home Designer, I designed a house with jail bars all around. Her only pieces of furniture was a lousy bed, a toilet, and a radio locked in, so it would play the same song forever. Yet, she still seemed to like this...
Happy Home Designer is designed to have 0 difficulty and 0 challenge. Every villager will like any house you give them.

You can dislike a villager but I draw the line at bullying! When I entered office, I wanted to help anyone I can and be friends with everyone. There are characters I dislike but I think people take it too far. So you lost a dreamie or you lost hybrids. SO WHAT?! There are other dreamies! You can make more hybrid flowers! You can get a new path. Bullying a villager just because you don't get your way seems petty and childish to me.

One time, I got a random Move In I didn't like. Rasher. But I got used to him and now I consider him cool!

Be a Buddy! Not a Bully! Isabelle and Tortimer would be ashamed.......

Honestly, i don't know why people even bother hitting their hated villagers and make them fall into pitfalls to upset them. Its kinda pointless actually. They're not gonna move no matter how much you hit hit them. I tried hitting bear do a lot of times and he just wont budge. Wasted my time to hit him -.- the only way to make them move is kill them kindness.

I didn't know people even send them hate mails and i find it so funny that they even send hate mails lol. There's actually a lot of villagers i dislike but i feel lucky that i didn't get a lot of them.

Back