• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

REVIEW THE TOWN ABOVE YOU VIA DREAM ADDRESS

Bumping this awesome thread and will edit as I visit!

Also pls don't judge too hard, it's still a wip!

Laputa review:
First of all, Trash of Laputa is hilarious.
I love that you updated during the northern lights!!!! So pretty.
Nice clothing choices! I love the plaid cami dress. I'd suggest putting out some headgear or hats as well.
Yooooooo natural paths!! I'm a sucker for natural dirt paths. You get major points for that since they seem very tedious to manage.
The flower arch down from your house is a nice touch.
Some furniture in your house seems to stick out in a not so pleasant way like the sideways bookcase in the right hand room whereas it would look very nice without it. But hey, if you like it is all that matters.
Overall I really like your town layout. It's beautiful but imo the only thing you could improve is your house with more cohesive themes. So I'd say 7/10 :)

Last edited:
Ivyvale Review
-------------------
First of all very excited when my mayor wakes up, looks colorful and happy. Nice no running sign it helps people to know not to run in your flowers :). very pretty gems/mushrooms along the road. while i was here i picked up a pinkie pie dress from Wendell. (thanks!) i also love your saying... its adorable! I can tell your a hardcore pinkie pie fan. nice rarity faceboard. after all, its a pretty nice town :) thanks for letting me dream with you mayor-of-ivyvale!

I think I've reviewed yours before as I love this thread, but if I did I'll review it again. :p to be edited as I go!

Aerobay:
- I really love the paths! They're so natural and pretty.
- the reset center is nicely placed too, if I didn't know it was a pwp I would have thought it was just a nice little accessory to your paths.
- I love the symmetry outside of the cafe with the trees and flowers on either side of the pwps. Everything feels so clean and organized.
- oh I do remember this town! I remember the team rocket secondaries you have :p which is still a super cute theme.
- the pink and black rose theme is just all around pretty.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10, I think it could use more flowers around town but I really love the overall organized and cozy feel of the town. :)

Last edited:
Reviewing Ivyvale c:

Right off the bat, I really liked the path you had in the town square. And the pink lilies with the rubies next to them was a nice touch :3 I'm extremely jealous of your fairytale train station. I like your mermaid house a lot (your basement was my favorite room ^.^) and the sweets room in your other house made me want sweets. Also, your characters are cute!

Overall, well designed! :D

My dream address is 4500-6166-8259 and mah town's called Glendale

Last edited:
Heading to Glendale
Gensokyo is in my sig
Would particularly like to know what to do with the area between the police station and Annalise's house and whether to add another flower arch leading to the cafe
~
Glendale

Dislikes:
- the perfect apple tree pattern combo you have becomes kind of unpleasant with how much it's repeated
- having no path through your town can be nice, but it feels like you don't have any particular reason to go pathless
- the patterns bordering everything again would look nice, but you have it everywhere
- feels like a lot is going on, but also like nothing is going on

Devon's House:
Main: WOW!! Now that is cool!
Right: Nice but a little odd.
Back: Nice and interesting.
Left: Feels both familiar and unique
Basement: very nice.
2nd Floor: feels good, but several items feel very out of place

Miii's House:
Main: very nice
Right: needs work
Back: small, but I think that's what you were going for. expand or leave as is. both are fine
Left: same as back room
Basement: another small nice room
2nd Floor: hm.

Suggestions:
Mii's house: small rooms can be good, but having that many can remove the charm

Devon's house
Right: Maybe a darker wall and floor. And the katana feels out of place
Basement: the area between the bed and plant on the right feels empty. maybe move the chest there or add a table or tea tansu.

Final Thoughts: This reminds me of something I heard on TV once: "Whenever someone says they want a tattoo that is black and white with a little bit of color, it usually means they don't know they really just want it all in color." There are some great things, like Devon's main room, but I feel like there were things you did trying to be unique that aren't done by others, but might not realize that the reason others don't do them is because they don't work. As is, I is overall alright. We'll see if you can make it amazing everywhere.

Rating: 2/5
~

Last edited:
I wanna join in! I'll review you kid kat79!

Also My address is: 4600-6265-9201

Edit: My town is a work in progress >.>

My review of Kid's town: I love the brick path, the team rocket themed villagers, and the little area in front of town hall and the caf? is precious! My only complaint is that I think the path looks a little strange in some areas. 9/10 ;3

Last edited:
Bump for this thread! I'd love to hear what I can improve in my town, but Yukari needs a review first ;p

Review of Gensokyo

Overall Rating: 6 / 10

First Impression: All of the party gifts and the oriental theme are quite nice. I may taken advantage of all the party poppers and sparklers.~ The aurora lights are absolutely gorgeous in the background and I stayed on your town tree for a good while, just enjoying the serene feel. Your pathways, however, bothered me a bit because they lacked borders.

- Placements of PWPs
- All of the landscaping

Dislikes:
- Hard to navigate through
- Lack of matching paths
- Overgrown in the Eastside

Houses:

-Reimu: Love love love LOVE the oriental theme. I love all the colors and decorations. It was all very gorgeous. The first floor, walk-in area, looks like it could use some work, direction wise. It seemed to be a kitchen of sorts but I was very unsure. Upstairs did not match the rest of the house at all was more of an eyesore. The basement was meant to be festive, I presume, but with the rest of the house, again, it didn't match.

-Yukari: First off, the first floor, walk-in area, is a little odd to navigate through, but the idea of an indoor garden was neat. The backroom was spoopy and seemed unnecessary, both the left and right rooms had no direction except for the hinting items like the bathroom things and the kitchen items. Other than that, the rooms theme was lost completely for me. Upstairs was nice, as far as continuing the oriental theme, and I really like the black/red exotic items. The basement was even spookier, but for some reason, I really appreciated it.

-Marisa: And the oriental theme ends. The star pattern really doesn't strike me as one to fit with the cabin furniture. The seasonal rooms are quite adorable, so I really like them. Possibly add more Halloween items to the back room. Upstairs briefly reminded me of Pokemon before it sunk in that it was a scientists lousy lab? x3 Either way, it was cute. The wedding area in the basement was nice, possibly save it with the lights on?

-Alice: Just to get to the house was difficult and the trees made it impossible to tell on where there was an opening or not. I really like the cosmic pattern in the opening room. This house has a more serene feeling that flows into all the rooms, especially the bathroom. All of the Easter eggs seemed more annoying than decoration points. Having matching sets is nice but adding decorations that match is important as well. The back room seemed like a bedroom but the doll with all the gems was lost on me. The right side seemed like just another bedroom and nothing more. Upstairs was actually really nice, and I like the recolored Roccoco. The basement was another spooky room. >w< I really liked it though.

Suggestions: Try finding a pathway that has better borders and is nice with turns and corners. The placement of your trees was hard to navigate through, so possibly having a better layout with those would also be appreciated. They did seem over grown in the eastern and the lower south-west half. I really like the oriental theme and I would have hoped you would have kept it through in all the rooms of all the houses.

Final Thoughts: This town was overall, really nice. It was pleasant to walk through, despite getting confused on where to go and what not, even with the map. The residents were, as always, pretty nice. The theme was confusing after going through it all and I wasn't sure on what you were aiming for.

To The Person Rating:

My town is a work in progress, and I recently started playing again. I am looking for critique on PWP placement and flower arrangements. I have not worked on villager homes, my mule's, or my own in about a year. I would love feedback on the rooms in my home though, since I have worked on them more.

Last edited:
I'm visiting Haven and will edit as I go....

Haven:

Well first off, you have some of the most popular villagers ever...I love Diana, Marshall, Stitches, and Chief. I like the paths, and the flower arrangements around each house.

The paths, are nice, but don't really "pop". I could tell your town is a work in progress, but it looks like your are setting it up quite nicely as you have your pwp's in nice places. I love the giant tree you have in the plaza..I wonder how long it takes to have it that big.

I like the zen exterior of your house...very nice looking in the snow.

As I enter your house, I can see you put effort in arranging the gorgeous set..It looks really good....The kitchen in the left room is awesome..I wish i could set it up like that.

I like the bathroom area.....it is really well arranged...maybe a few more items added would be great....just so it won't look too empty. Now your basement creeped me out, so i could not stay there very long..

Overall your house is great..

Your town outside...needs work, but you have a great foundation and I can't wait to see how it will look when its completed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Next up Snowdin....

Wow just waking up in your town, gives me a soothing feeling...You have great detail in your town. Purple and Pink Tulips, combined with the bushes...Very nice touch in my opinion. The paths are a perfect combination.

Your bus station is perfectly placed....I love it that you have most of your paths surrounded by your tulips and bushes. The camping area looks great, the grapevine looks good too. The resetti center is not in my favorite location, but i guess we can't move that now..The coffee shop is placed great, and the statue right in front of it, makes it look serene....

Your town is just beautiful..a real pleasure to visit.

Onto the houses:

Ok so Chara's house, needs a lot of work...So i won't rate that one..

Frisk's house:

The room to the left side, is very nice...I like the mix of sweets, kitchen and other additional items..It looks pretty good.....The room to the right is interesting..I like the garden feeling. The backroom is ok, but maybe a few additional items would be good to fill it in. The room upstairs is a nice looking bedroom...the basement is ok, but could use something to spice it up a little....The main room is nice, and fits in with the main theme of your town...

Over all the house is nice, but I think you could add some kind of detail to get it perfect.

I'd give your town an 9/10.

My town name is: Aerobay
Character name: Raptor
Dream address is in the signature

Last edited:
Hey Raptor! Link from Parkfeld here, and I'm gonna do my best at this rating thing!

Overall Rating: 7 / 10

I love your roads! Your town is beautiful, honestly. While I love me some very forest-y towns, a very cutlured and developed town is good too! I love Raptor's house, and I love how Flame and Harley are both Team Rocket members. Do they steal villagers? lol.

Raptor's house: Very nice! Well done, and it looks very lived in and natural. I love the basement and the music room a lot!

Kirby's house: I'm pretty sure you just started with this character, so I'm not gonna be too hard on him. It also helps we are wearing the same hat. (The attachment below is how I feel about Kirby basically!)

Harley's house: I'm a stikler for the rare sets, and I think her house looks quite nice, though not as cool as the other villager houses. I love the Team Rocket duo you have going with Flame, though.

Flame's house: I love the Sloppy set for how natural it looks, and the bath room in the top floor is awesome.

Animal Villagers: Super cute! I love them all. But then again I love all the villagers in Animal Crossing. I donno.

PWP: Great placement! Honestly I love it.

Suggestions: Just keep on working on your other villagers!

Nit-picks: Some of the road designs start to clip off of cliffs and into rivers, but because this is an error on Nintendo's part re: custom designs and not inherently your fault, it's not going against ya. I only mention it because for some reason that drives me up the wall and it's the reason I did away with fully custom roads and started working with flowers, clovers, and alternating brick patterns with clovers. It does look wonderful in your town, for the most part though!

__

Note to anyone going to rate my town: There are some really obvious but tactfully done hacked landscaping bull**** in regards to my town. You'll know what I did when you go in, honestly. However, I felt like hacking actual items in would detract from my game, so any house items lying around I either traded for or obtained. (Mostly traded for, honestly.) Honestly I don't know if doing landscape things that aren't normally allowed ingame are okay on this forum or not, but I figured I would warn the person rating my town about it. I'm looking for a general critique on my town, DA is in my sig.

Attachments

• tumblr_nh6988fGJn1tsf170o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_nh6988fGJn1tsf170o1_400.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
-----
~Bump~
-----
Note: this is my first time doing this, so don't take it by heart
-----
Link from Parkfield (Part 1)
-----
Dream address for this town:
4600-6207-9023
-----
Overall Rating: 8/10
-----
Outside:
-----
Pros:
?love your town flag, it's amazing
?Thank you for the coffee, beak, and DLC items!
?I like the details of the bamboo and the bridge, adds a nice touch
?You have a nice group of villagers :3
?the camp fire idea looks cool!
?the 4 leaf clover and bushes idea for a path looks pretty nice!
-----
Cons:
?trees.... Everywhere..... Hard to move around
?some of the PWP placement
-----
Inside Ivay's house:
-----
1st floor:
?pretty interesting, I kind of see what your going for :3
2nd Floor:
?small but still looks nice :)
-----
Inside Link's house:
-----
1st floor:
?picture room, nice idea!
Front room:
?egg set, cool.
?lol and a kitchen too, that's funny xD
Left room:
?ice and snow man set, they go well together
?this room is just so peaceful, I love it
Right room:
?Love the fall theme!
?Amazing! Music goes will with it
?this room is just perfect :3
2nd floor:
?weird mix, the good weird
?idk what you were going for but for some reason I like it, a lot!
Basement:
?glorious set, amazing!
?I like the little touches everywhere in this room!
-----

- - - Post Merge - - -

-----
Link from Parkfield (Part 2)
-----
Inside Thandion's house:
-----
1st floor:
?staying true to the tent I see.
?never seen a tent look so cool :3
-----
Inside Ember's house:
-----
1st floor:
?again it's a weird mix, like it!
?has a cool vibe to it
-----
My town: ColdBurn
Mayor: LoLkitty
Dream Address:
5100-6250-6373
-----
Things to note:
?not finished with my paths
?my house is an experiment
?the fruit tree farm is temporary
?town is a month and a half old
-----

Last edited:
want to keep these kind of threads alive and just reupdated mine after some changes
should I move the water well to the spot just west of the police station

went by Coldburn(5100-6250-6373) and I don't feel comfortable giving a rating or anything since it's obviously so very early in its' development and is still very much a blank slate. I will only say that you need to get to work on it and also to finish making your paths since they cost nothing

want to keep these kind of threads alive and just reupdated mine after some changes
should I move the water well to the spot just west of the police station

went by Coldburn(5100-6250-6373) and I don't feel comfortable giving a rating or anything since it's obviously so very early in its' development and is still very much a blank slate. I will only say that you need to get to work on it and also to finish making your paths since they cost nothing

So is that good or bad?

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I will get to work on the paths :3

Back