KPOP AND JPOP!

kaitastrophe

Bells

well, im kinda suprised that theres no thread about this.
if there is, then im sorry, because im clearly blind >v<
i really like exo (baekhyun is my favorite c: ) and girls generation!
what about you?
you can post your favorite kpop/jpop videos, playlists, and just chill out and talk about anything related! c:​

I'm still getting into K-Pop, but I absolutely love Red Velvet's Mini Album and the Pink Tape by f(x) !

I'm still getting into K-Pop, but I absolutely love Red Velvet's Mini Album and the Pink Tape by f(x) !

I know this REALLY good youtube channel for kpop remixes, its Areia's Creations Global Entertainment!
She has a very good punk/metal remix of Red Velvet's 'ice cream cake'!
My absolute favorite is her girl's generation 'catch me if you can' remix!
Please check it out, you wont be dissapointed! :)

Ooh I listened to it but I must admit, even if i like the style (and i saw that it was kind of an experiment to try new things on the channel) that I didn't find it too fitting :/. I'll go listen to some of their other stuff too !

This is a completely different singer who is my absolute fav. Her name is Lim Kim and she released quite a lot of stuff ! Whether it's the slow paced stuff (Urban Green, Rain, All Right), or the more recent fast paced stuff (Love Game, Awoo) her voice is SO different and mesmerizing that you recognize her instantly. Here's a slower and a faster song :

Last edited:
Ooh I listened to it but I must admit, even if i like the style (and i saw that it was kind of an experiment to try new things on the channel) that I didn't find it too fitting :/. I'll go listen to some of their other stuff too !

This is a completely different singer who is my absolute fav. Her name is Lim Kim and she released quite a lot of stuff ! Whether it's the slow paced stuff (Urban Green, Rain, All Right), or the more recent fast paced stuff (Love Game, Awoo) her voice is SO different and mesmerizing that you recognize her instantly. Here's a slower and a faster song :

-snip-
-snip-

awwies, thats a shame! c:
i recommend you go check the other videos!
ill see them when i have time c:
also, do you (or anyone) know any GOOD kpop blogs?
my dash is kinda dead xc
she has some good kpop content, and you should check her kpop playlist tags.
they're very good! c:
edit: also, anybody heard orange caramel, heo ga-yoon, or apink? I heard they're good, but im not sure xc
shinee seems good too.
i also really like kisum ! ! !
check out 'me gustas tu' from gfriend!
[video=http://youtu.be/m-CKVr6Z1Tw][/video]

Last edited:
omg d0n't get me start on k-pop i have so many songs

SONGS I LIKE
---------------------
Exo-늑대와 미녀 (Wolf) another song EXO-K_HISTORY
C.N Blue - I'm A Loner MV another song LOVE GIRL M/V
FT-island- 좋겠어 (I wish) M/V , another song Hello Hello M/V
Led apple -LEDApple Let the wind blow ,another song Time is up MV
Shinee-Sherlock?셜록 another song 샤이니) _ LUCIFER
BTOB - 비밀(Insane) M/V Another song WOW
M/VTVXQ! 동방신기_Catch Me another MIROTIC
BEAST - '숨 (Breath)' another song 'Shadow (그림자)
빅스(VIXX) - 기적 (ETERNITY)
INFINITE "Last Rome another song Destiny

Japans band
----------------
Arashi-monster
KYOUKAI NO RINNE - OPENING 1
BREAKERZ「月夜の悪戯の魔法」

My list is not update lol XD

Last edited:
Currently loving:

Infinite- Bad
Mamamoo- Um Oh Ah Yeah
Nine Muses- Hurt Locker (this took a while to grow on me though)

edit: also, anybody heard orange caramel, heo ga-yoon, or apink? I heard they're good, but im not sure xc
shinee seems good too.
i also really like kisum ! ! !
check out 'me gustas tu' from gfriend!
[video=http://youtu.be/m-CKVr6Z1Tw][/video]

Orange Caramel has some pretty amazing songs LOL - Lipstick, Catallena, Shanghai Romance, My Copycat are some of my favourites
APink I like Mr. Chu, but I get pretty bored with them cause I'm not about that innocent, boring angel girl concept ;w;
SHINee's best days have passed... but View was good! My favorite songs by them are Replay, Ring Ding Dong, Lucifer.

GFRIEND NEW RISING STARRRR Glass Bead was amazing and Me Gustas Tu is the same style :3 I like it

Last edited:
APink I like Mr. Chu, but I get pretty bored with them cause I'm not about that innocent, boring angel girl concept ;w;

Funny. That's the reason why I like them, considering KPOP girl groups are dominated by the sexy concept. They're refreshing, and the girls are actually hilarious. They seem like the kind of girls I'd be friends with irl.

Funny. That's the reason why I like them, considering KPOP girl groups are dominated by the sexy concept. They're refreshing, and the girls are actually hilarious. They seem like the kind of girls I'd be friends with irl.

LOL I'm not a fan of the overly forced sexy concepts either (-cough- Stellar/Hello Venus before this comeback). But I much prefer more upbeat/less soft girl groups like Mamamoo, SPICA. Girls who aren't noticeably forcing an 'image' (e.g. Eunji having to completely change her singing style to fit APink's image of soft, angel, baby women).

LOL I'm not a fan of the overly forced sexy concepts either (-cough- Stellar/Hello Venus before this comeback). But I much prefer more upbeat/less soft girl groups like Mamamoo, SPICA. Girls who aren't noticeably forcing an 'image' (e.g. Eunji having to completely change her singing style to fit APink's image of soft, angel, baby women).

I agree with the Eunji bit in that she's not quite "soft" but I'd have to argue that her vocals are still showcased quite well. It's not her full potential, true, but she still gets a good number of moments, especially in the slower songs in their albums. Girl groups in general just really aren't my thing. I try getting into them, but they're too obviously marketed towards men (I don't blame them, but...that's where the problem lies for me). I personally love Red Velvet's concept, and they're by far my favorite.

I agree with the Eunji bit in that she's not quite "soft" but I'd have to argue that her vocals are still showcased quite well. It's not her full potential, true, but she still gets a good number of moments, especially in the slower songs in their albums. Girl groups in general just really aren't my thing. I try getting into them, but they're too obviously marketed towards men (I don't blame them, but...that's where the problem lies for me). I personally love Red Velvet's concept, and they're by far my favorite.

Oh for Eunji she's the one who said she had to change her voice to suit APink :c Her 'original'/classically trained voice can be heard on her appearance on Masked Singer here.

But yeah agree with you that I listen to way less girl groups than boy groups LOL (Hi Jungkook~). You should check out Mamamoo! They've been really awesome with their last album :)

After listening to Japanese music for about 12 years now, my list of favorite Japanese artists has grown a lot, including:

-AAA
-Ai Otsuka
-Ayumi Hamasaki
-BABYMETAL
-BACK-ON
-Crystal Kay
-Daichi Miura
-Eir Aoi
-globe
-Ikimonogakari
-Kaela Kimura
-Kana Nishino
-Koda Kumi
-MAN WITH A MISSION
-moumoon
-Namie Amuro
-Nana Mizuki
-Perfume
-RIP SLYME
-Shishido Kavka
-Shoko Nakagawa
-Utada Hikaru (can't wait for her new album to come out!!)

And a lot more others.

I don't listen to much on the Korean side, except for BoA and certain groups like 2NE1, TVXQ, and SHINee. I've also gotten into 2PM after hearing "Take off", one of the ending themes for the Blue Exorcist anime.

Oh for Eunji she's the one who said she had to change her voice to suit APink :c Her 'original'/classically trained voice can be heard on her appearance on Masked Singer here.

But yeah agree with you that I listen to way less girl groups than boy groups LOL (Hi Jungkook~). You should check out Mamamoo! They've been really awesome with their last album :)

Oh really? I haven't heard of her saying that! And I never really noticed a difference even after watching several of her solo activities. But after watching/listening to that, I can hear she holds back in APink songs. Hopefully she'll get a solo album, because I've always enjoyed her voice however she sings.

Hahaha I've actually been thinking of checking out MAMAMOO and then my friend got into them, so I guess I'll have to give them a shot now! I'll tell you how I like them :) Usually, I'll give girl groups a shot even if they're known for sexy concepts, but it just never works (e.g., AOA, Girls Day, 4Minute, EXID). They've got a lot of catchy singles, but I don't care for them as a group :confused: (and yaassss jungkook, a noona's worst nightmare)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't listen to much on the Korean side, except for BoA and certain groups like 2NE1, TVXQ, and SHINee. I've also gotten into 2PM after hearing "Take off", one of the ending themes for the Blue Exorcist anime.

I don't listen to much 2PM, but I love Take Off as well! Also thanks to Ao no Exorcist haha. I also love the first opening song from that anime (was it... Core Pride by Uverworld?)

I don't listen to much 2PM, but I love Take Off as well! Also thanks to Ao no Exorcist haha. I also love the first opening song from that anime (was it... Core Pride by Uverworld?)

You're right, it is Core Pride. That song's pretty sweet, but I love the 2nd opening, In My World by Rookiez is Punk'd.

Hahaha I've actually been thinking of checking out MAMAMOO and then my friend got into them, so I guess I'll have to give them a shot now! I'll tell you how I like them :) Usually, I'll give girl groups a shot even if they're known for sexy concepts, but it just never works (e.g., AOA, Girls Day, 4Minute, EXID). They've got a lot of catchy singles, but I don't care for them as a group :confused:
Same here! The site I go to for Kpop updates usually does compilation posts of music shows, so I try and check out everything new to see if I like it or not :p So for the songs I like vs. GROUPS I like, the lists are probably very different.

(and yaassss jungkook, a noona's worst nightmare)
OH MYY GOODNESS THAT'S ME- *watches debut mv* HMMM.. WHO THIS JUNGK- *sees profile* Hi J-Hope :D I like you the most okay?
I loved their last album <3

Last edited:
Wow I haven't been into j-pop for almost 5 years now ;-\
I forgot a lot of the artists I listened to but a big favorite of mines was Arashi <3
And some of the artists that klauser_bateson listed!

I'm into kpop more these days though I'm not super crazy about them c:
i kinda lost faith in Shinee ;-; but I love C.N Blue, Akmu, Almeng, B1A4, Big Bang(of course), and Epik High.
(also IU, miss a, sistar, ga-in, girls day, clc...it goes on forever lol)

Last edited:
Just remembered to include Kyarypamyupamyu to my list. That song she did to advertise the New Nintendo 3DS is one of my favorite songs ever by her.

I also listen to another J-Pop group called Cupitron. I almost wrote them off for being Perfume copycats, but they do have some catchy songs.

Their latest single just came out, "Robot Boy Robot Girl", and I love it.

Back